Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

What is the argument against former prisoners voting ? If they have done their time that is surely enough.

Here in FL, the public voted to allow felons who've been releasted to vote by a 2:1 margin. Something like half of Republicans voted for it too.
Common sense, helps people get back into "normal" society.
That makes no sense, but I don't expect much from a foreigner. Either one is eligible for their Constitutional rights to be restored or they aren't. It's not a pick and choose proposition.
If people have served their time then they have paid their debt to society. They should be able to vote. Otherwise, none of Trumps inner circle would be able to vote.
Then they should get their 2nd Amendment rights back too? That's the crux of it. Either they are safe to participate in society or they aren't, you can't really have it both ways, limiting some rights and not others.
Voting is a lot more important than playing with guns. It isnt the same thing.
Says a Limey who has no rights. You are out of your depth now.
I have the right to vote, self-expression, freedom of association and so on. I certainly dont need the right to carry a machine gun round with me. never have and dont know anyone who has either.

The right to vote is far more important than any other because that is what binds us together as a community. This is how we change things in the first world.
You have privileges granted by your government, you have no rights. They can all be taken at any given moment. You have no clue what real rights are.
Nope, our rights were extracted from our government at swordpoint. They form the basis of your rights.
Good luck keeping your so-called rights with those swords, because we all know you have no right to own a gun. Meaning you only have faith in government to keep your so-called rights. Nor is there much you can do when the government abuses or even rescinds your so-called rights. You have privileged granted to you, you do not have rights.
Your guns have little value in fighting the government. The last time that happened thousands were killed and slavery was abolished, However by using my vote I can get rid of our government and nobody will get hurt.

What is the argument against former prisoners voting ? If they have done their time that is surely enough.

Here in FL, the public voted to allow felons who've been releasted to vote by a 2:1 margin. Something like half of Republicans voted for it too.
Common sense, helps people get back into "normal" society.
That makes no sense, but I don't expect much from a foreigner. Either one is eligible for their Constitutional rights to be restored or they aren't. It's not a pick and choose proposition.
If people have served their time then they have paid their debt to society. They should be able to vote. Otherwise, none of Trumps inner circle would be able to vote.
Then they should get their 2nd Amendment rights back too? That's the crux of it. Either they are safe to participate in society or they aren't, you can't really have it both ways, limiting some rights and not others.
Voting is a lot more important than playing with guns. It isnt the same thing.
Says a Limey who has no rights. You are out of your depth now.
I have the right to vote, self-expression, freedom of association and so on. I certainly dont need the right to carry a machine gun round with me. never have and dont know anyone who has either.

The right to vote is far more important than any other because that is what binds us together as a community. This is how we change things in the first world.
You have privileges granted by your government, you have no rights. They can all be taken at any given moment. You have no clue what real rights are.
Nope, our rights were extracted from our government at swordpoint. They form the basis of your rights.
Good luck keeping your so-called rights with those swords, because we all know you have no right to own a gun. Meaning you only have faith in government to keep your so-called rights. Nor is there much you can do when the government abuses or even rescinds your so-called rights. You have privileged granted to you, you do not have rights.
Your guns have little value in fighting the government. The last time that happened thousands were killed and slavery was abolished, However by using my vote I can get rid of our government and nobody will get hurt.
You foreigners are funny! You actually think that an unarmed populace can really vote out tyranny. Ha!

For us it isn't about fighting the government, if our cause was just a good portion or majority of the military would back freedom, not a tyrannical government. You government lovers are an odd and ignorant bunch.

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people without transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.
It's also great for committing election fraud.

I don't see how?
Mail in voting means the Post Office can check the voter registration lists and use the address to verify.
This is better ID check than can be done at a polling station.
The Post Office also knows when someone dies, moves, etc.
They can easily prevent multiple votes.
The only problem I could imagine is when relatives open the mail of invalids, elderly, etc., and could then vote for them.

How does the Post Office know if someone dies? My Dad died in 1996 and still gets mail delivered in his name.

All seem reasonable to me.
Bwahahaha!! Of course it does. Voter Fraud always “seems reasonable” to the left!

By the way sweetie…no voter wants that. None. You should have learned that your “polls” were a fraud when they predicted Hitlery Clinton would win in a “landslide” :laugh:

There is no safe way to differentiate as to who should vote or not, so universal voting is the safest.
That’s as ignorant as stating “there is no way to differentiate who should get into college and who shouldn’t” or “there is no way to differentiate who should be a physician and who shouldn’t”.

They are called exams. A basic test. If you can’t state the candidates and the issues then you have no business voting.

Forum List

Back