Voter suppression

Barb

Carpe Scrotum
Apr 2, 2009
in a house.
Why does this and the acts of all the businessmen who HAVE taken this advice matter if no one knows who you cast your vote for? Because this type of voter intimidation isn't simply meant to suppress votes. This sort of thing represses people's willingness to take part in ANY part of the democratic process. Lawn sign? Nope, the boss might see it. Posting why some policy, party, or politician is in a communities economic and social interest on any social networking sight? Nope again, because the inhumane resources department of any large business is "large and intrusive" enough to monitor what you publish. Even a BUMPER STICKER is out of the question in the atmosphere this creates.

In audio of a conference call, Mitt Romney can heard instructing employers on how to tell their employees who to vote for, and the consequences to their job if Obama wins.

Here is the audio:

Audio Reveals Mitt Romney is Behind Employer Layoff Threats if Obama Wins

According to the Working blog at In These Times, Romney said, “I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections. And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope, I hope you pass those along to your employees.”

Thanks to Citizens United, these kind of scare tactics are legal, and they should sound familiar. Employers have been using these same kinds of threats to keep unions out of the workplace for decades.

It isn’t a coincidence that in recent weeks there have been a rash of Romney supporting billionaires warning of layoffs if Obama wins.

Mitt Romney wants America to believe that he cares about the middle class, and if you don’t believe that, you could lose your job.

Because nothing says democracy like the threat of being fired if you exercise your right to vote for the candidate of your choosing.

The CEO Who Built Himself America's Largest House Just Threatened to Fire His Employees if Obama's Elected

Exclusive: CEO suggests his employees may lose their jobs if Obama wins

Koch Sends Pro-Romney Mailing to 45,000 Employees While Stifling Workplace Political Speech (Update) - In These Times

282081_504800496199918_1170048592_n.jpg

Arizona's largest county listed wrong date for the election on voter ID cards (but just in Spanish) - The Maddow Blog

Arizonans who went to their local municipal offices in Maricopa County to pick up their voter ID cards may have been instructed to go to the polls on the wrong date -- but only if they were looking for the information in Spanish.

The wrong date was printed on a document that contains the new voter ID card. The document lists the general election date as November 6 in English but reads "8 de Noviembre" in the Spanish translation.

You know the Carter Institute demands voter ID?

You know. That Jimmy Carter. You know that guy? He and his people go around the world monitoring elections?

That guy?

Well let me know when some reps are convicted. That would be actual news, like last year when dems went to jail for voter fraud.

and the NBPP was hanging around with clubs.

and the unions showing up with thier thugs

Why does this and the acts of all the businessmen who HAVE taken this advice matter if no one knows who you cast your vote for? Because this type of voter intimidation isn't simply meant to suppress votes. This sort of thing represses people's willingness to take part in ANY part of the democratic process. Lawn sign? Nope, the boss might see it. Posting why some policy, party, or politician is in a communities economic and social interest on any social networking sight? Nope again, because the inhumane resources department of any large business is "large and intrusive" enough to monitor what you publish. Even a BUMPER STICKER is out of the question in the atmosphere this creates.

In audio of a conference call, Mitt Romney can heard instructing employers on how to tell their employees who to vote for, and the consequences to their job if Obama wins.

Here is the audio:

Audio Reveals Mitt Romney is Behind Employer Layoff Threats if Obama Wins

According to the Working blog at In These Times, Romney said, “I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections. And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope, I hope you pass those along to your employees.”

Thanks to Citizens United, these kind of scare tactics are legal, and they should sound familiar. Employers have been using these same kinds of threats to keep unions out of the workplace for decades.

It isn’t a coincidence that in recent weeks there have been a rash of Romney supporting billionaires warning of layoffs if Obama wins.

Mitt Romney wants America to believe that he cares about the middle class, and if you don’t believe that, you could lose your job.

Because nothing says democracy like the threat of being fired if you exercise your right to vote for the candidate of your choosing.

The CEO Who Built Himself America's Largest House Just Threatened to Fire His Employees if Obama's Elected

Exclusive: CEO suggests his employees may lose their jobs if Obama wins

Koch Sends Pro-Romney Mailing to 45,000 Employees While Stifling Workplace Political Speech (Update) - In These Times

282081_504800496199918_1170048592_n.jpg

Barb Jimmy Carter demands identification. The Carter Institute demands it.

Carter Center Postelection Statement on Cherokee National Elections, June 1, 1999
“ATLANTA, GA….Before going into details, we would once again like to congratulate you on your dedication to well-run tribal elections and to the professionalism and unflappability of your staff. If you accomplished nothing else in this election, your voters can feel confident they have a truly secret ballot which should go a long way toward building their trust in the elections process of the Cherokee Nation.

Consistent with what was said in the opening above and …. the Cherokee Nation wishes to continue choosing its leadership through open elections, we suggest the Commission consider the following options:

Eliminate registration entirely. This can be done in several ways: Voting on the basis of tribal registration (blue card) with no permanent voter registration list maintained. Multiple voting in different precincts would be eliminated by checking tribal registration numbers against the master list; Allowing day-of-election registration (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maine). The voter simply appears with the blue tribal registration card and a picture ID, casts a ballot and is logged into the system…. Key to this system is a method of ensuring the voter does not vote in several precincts …

… Converting the blue card into a permanent ID card would facilitate either of the above options.”

http://sonoranalliance.com/2012/06/...st-like-post-apartheid-south-africa-requires/

You know. That Jimmy Carter. You know that guy? He and his people go around the world monitoring elections?

That guy?

voter id? WHO KNEW this thread was about voter id?

I posted about EMPLOYERS trying to direct their employees which way their bread was buttered and the problems with that. Also about a ploy to send voters to the polls the wrong day.

Tiny, how far OUT, back, and under do you have to reach to completely miss the point? You must have a kink SOMEwhere.

That guy?

I posted about EMPLOYERS trying to direct their employees which way their bread was buttered and the problems with that. Also about a ploy to send voters to the polls the wrong day.

OMG that's called UNION 101.:D

Tiny, how far OUT, back, and under do you have to reach to completely miss the point? You must have a kink SOMEwhere.

Nah~ tiny is just staying on the GOP message regardless of the subject at hand.

Right now their obsession is voting ID, so no matter what the issue regarding voting is posted, voter ID is going to be what GOP loyalists will want to discuss.

That guy?

Your UNION can't find a million different reasons to start a paper trail on your "performance" because they saw the "wrong" sign in your yard, the "wrong" bumper sticker on your car, or the "wrong" candidate supported on twitter.

http://sonoranalliance.com/about/

Welcome to the Sonoran Alliance, one of Arizona’s premier and top rated conservative political blogs!

Blog post from an Arizona (Papiere, Bitte) "conservative" site. What a shock.

Now I can give back up to this but it is sort of disgusting that you'd slag First Nations. Not good form.

Why on earth would you slag a First Nations blog just because they are conservative. That's racist and revolting beyond.

Historic significance:

http://www.pfaw.org/sites/default/files/thelongshadowofjimcrow.pdf

In every national American election since Reconstruction, every election since the
Voting Rights Act passed in 1965, voters – particularly African American voters and
other minorities – have faced calculated and determined efforts at intimidation and
suppression. The bloody days of violence and retribution following the Civil War and
Reconstruction are gone. The poll taxes, literacy tests and physical violence of the Jim
Crow era have disappeared. Today, more subtle, cynical and creative tactics have taken
their place.

Your UNION can't find a million different reasons to start a paper trail on your "performance" because they saw the "wrong" sign in your yard, the "wrong" bumper sticker on your car, or the "wrong" candidate supported on twitter.

Pssst Barb first off you have no sense of humour. Come on lighten up.

Second I've always been an independent woman who from the get go knew what I had and used it to the max.

My brain and my looks.

I've been successful in my life without ever ever needing to tear down anyone else. That's the key for me.

I'm not getting where you are going with this.

And now you have to hang in with me here, I have the most monstrous cold on the planet and I'm stoned out on NyQuil but I like your posts but I think we're getting each other wrong here.

Pssst Barb first off you have no sense of humour. Come on lighten up.

Second I've always been an independent woman who from the get go knew what I had and used it to the max.

My brain and my looks.

I've been successful in my life without ever ever needing to tear down anyone else. That's the key for me.

I'm not getting where you are going with this.

Seriously.

Sorry about your cold, but the bolded above is pure bullshit.

I've got to get some work done anyway. Maybe a few others will wander by with a clue? Get well soon.

Forum List

Back