Voter Suppression vs. The Right To Vote

Fighting Voter Suppression

Voting rights are under attack in this country as state legislatures nationwide pass voter suppression laws under the pretext of preventing voter fraud and safeguarding election integrity. These voter suppression laws take many forms, and collectively lead to significant burdens for eligible voters trying to exercise their most fundamental constitutional right.

Since 2008, states across the country passed measures to make it harder for Americans – particularly African-Americans, the elderly, students and people with disabilities – to exercise their fundamental right to cast a ballot. Over thirty states considered laws that would require voters to present government-issued photo ID in order to vote. Studies suggest that up to 11 percent of American citizens lack such ID, and would be required to navigate the administrative burdens to obtain it or forego the right to vote entirely.

Despite this frenzy of state legislation to counteract so-called voter fraud and to protect the integrity of our elections, proponents of such voter suppression legislation have failed to show that voter fraud is a problem anywhere in the country. Aside from the occasional unproven anecdote or baseless allegation, supporters of these laws simply cannot show that there is any need for them.

Fighting Voter Suppression - American Civil Liberties Union

Why does the GOP encourage and support voter suppression?

Last edited:
So let me understand this rant, in your pathetic view non American citizens, illegal aliens, have a right to vote? Legal identification, as in voter ID 'requirements, will deny legal American citizens right to vote? Failure to update your address is voter suppression? My assumption is you don't understand government approved ID is required to vote in all developed country's in the world? Are you simply nuts or high?

So let me understand this rant, in your pathetic view non American citizens, illegal aliens, have a right to vote? Legal identification, as in voter ID 'requirements, will deny legal American citizens right to vote? Failure to update your address is voter suppression? My assumption is you don't understand government approved ID is required to vote in all developed country's in the world? Are you simply nuts or high?

Your NaziCon spin is funny...

No they are just your typical far left hack probably thinks the name Redskin is a form of voter suppression as well.

50 Years After MLK's Selma March, We're Still Fighting For Voting Right

This year marks the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s historic 1965 march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, to demonstrate how vitally important it was that black Americans be able to exercise their fundamental right to vote. In Selma, people died, suffered bodily injury, and went to jail for that right. President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act into law a few months after the Selma march – but we're still fighting voter suppression on many fronts half a century later.

The specific means of suppression have changed, but the objectives haven't: People in power are still trying to keep specific groups of Americans from voting.

50 Years After MLK's Selma March, We're Still Fighting For Voting Rights

NaziCons know that voter suppression exists - so why do they deny it? Hint: dishonesty.

OMG, now I am a Nazi, your too pathetic for words. Must be hard containing your righteous anger. I understand your embarrassment, its tough worshiping such a vain and ineffective President, its been a hard time for you and that I understand. One fact is for certain, your way too young to have any concept of what transpired in the 60's, furthermore too naive and uneducated to truly understand the very words of Dr. King.

OMG, now I am a Nazi, your too pathetic for words. Must be hard containing your righteous anger. I understand your embarrassment, its tough worshiping such a vain and ineffective President, its been a hard time for you and that I understand. One fact is for certain, your way too young to have any concept of what transpired in the 60's, furthermore too naive and uneducated to truly understand the very words of Dr. King.

I'm 68.

If Republicans Don't Want to be Compared to Nazis, They Should Stop Acting Like Nazis

Listen to our resident asshole talking about voter fraud. If it wasn't for massive voter fraud, the democratic party would not only lose every election, the democratic party wouldn't even exist.

If the republicans would dump the losertrians. The democrats would never win! Most people don't like seeing science, infrastructure and r&d investment getting cut. It just isn't good leadership.

Forum List

Back