Voter ID and Gun Control

Iceman

Rookie
Nov 4, 2013
If you need an ID to buy a gun, shouldn't you need an ID to vote?

• Banned
Why?

How do those two issues have anything to do with each other?

Why what? Gun Control and Voter ID are issues in today's political landscape.

Do you think you should need an ID for both, for either, or for neither?

Last edited:
Why?

2nd Amendment is a fundamental right protected by the Constitution, voting is not. ALl the Constitution says on voting is that age 18 is the minimum and that women and men have the right to vote. The rest deals with laws.

If in order to exercise my Constitutionally protected right to own a firearm I need ID then the same should be true of the right to vote.

Pretty simple concept.

Why?

2nd Amendment is a fundamental right protected by the Constitution, voting is not. ALl the Constitution says on voting is that age 18 is the minimum and that women and men have the right to vote. The rest deals with laws.

If in order to exercise my Constitutionally protected right to own a firearm I need ID then the same should be true of the right to vote.

Pretty simple concept.

14th amendment, section 2

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

• Banned
You shouldn't have to show an ID to buy a gun if you shouldn't have to show an ID to vote.

No it doesn't. Now if you want to ask whether people should have to show they have a right to vote I am sure TDII will be glad to tell you his opinion.

No it doesn't. Now if you want to ask whether people should have to show they have a right to vote I am sure TDII will be glad to tell you his opinion.

Yes it does. He was saying the topics of ID for voting and ID for guns have nothing to do with each other. They do, that is the OT of the thread.

I think that Gun ownership is a lot more important than Voting rights. Owning one can mean the difference between life & death, while who you vote for might affect the country or election, it will not have an immediate effect.

Sent from SmokingGunz
CEO IRIE INTENTIONS
[email protected]

Forum List

Back