Vote for Kav = Buh Bye Susie Collins

Oddly enough, I supported him through the entire process, even her testimony, until he opened his asinine mouth. The performance that he put on in front of the committee was not something that I would support going to the bench.

Because what? You think an emotionless robot, who reacts in a completely inhuman, unnatural way to being accused of being a RAPIST, is somehow desirable? Tell me how calm YOU would have been in the same position.

Btw, anyone who thinks judges don't routinely get pissy, bad-tempered, and downright angry has never actually met a judge, and is talking out of his ass.
Calm is not the problem. The problem was the asinine shit that he did say as well as waffling all over the place about who he actually was as a kid. If he would have stood up and simply stated that he was a drinker and liked to party then I would have had respect for that. Instead he tried to play the choir boy in school and I that does not pass muster.

Also, the BS he was pulling with the call for the FBI investigation was BS as well. He should have simply stated no because the extra time dragging his name through the mud. What is so hard about simply stating the truth rather than avoiding the question entirely.

Either you want a fighter or you don't but Kav did not display that he was a fighter there like many on the right are stating - all I seen was someone acting like the traditional lying politician. I don't want another politician on the court - I want someone that is straight forward and that I think will fight for what is RIGHT rather than play word games to pander. I got NOTHING of that from his statements. i would have preferred him to just tell the committee that he was not going to play ball because he felt it was a character assassination attempt and then answered no questions at all. At least then he would not have come off as a slimy politician.

Ummmmmm, a Supreme Court Justice has no reason to be “a fighter”

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

That is the defense of Kav, that he was a fighter. Clearly he was not.
Baloney..........if I'd been accused of rape when I was innocent I'd go to jail for knocking your lights out.

He was actually much calmer then I'd ever been................I would have told you to shove the job up your ass........Have filed law suits against the accuser for Slander and Deformation of Character....................and taken a job for millions a year at a law firm in his shoes.

This entire Circus was a joke..........Ford's testimony was a joke..........Can't say when or where........and all the people supposedly there don't remember a dang thing...............Laughed out of court had they tried.......

If she has REAL EVIDENCE..........File a complaint in Maryland with REAL evidence and they will charge him............She isn't going to do that because this whole thing is a lie.

Everyone, but everyone knew there was no way this was going to anything beyond a trial by media.

Just what the left loves to do.

Fuck them. I hope he screws them over coming and going.

If such a campaign was waged against one of our Senators, I'd expect some sort of backlash about outsiders so publicly sticking their nose into Arizona's business.

I don’t like Kavanaugh but he is qualified. I don’t think opposing him on purely partisan lines is good for the courts. It IS the president’s prerogative to be able to fill a vacancy, despite the shameful behavior of the Republicans.
Oddly enough, I supported him through the entire process, even her testimony, until he opened his asinine mouth. The performance that he put on in front of the committee was not something that I would support going to the bench.

Because what? You think an emotionless robot, who reacts in a completely inhuman, unnatural way to being accused of being a RAPIST, is somehow desirable? Tell me how calm YOU would have been in the same position.

Btw, anyone who thinks judges don't routinely get pissy, bad-tempered, and downright angry has never actually met a judge, and is talking out of his ass.
Calm is not the problem. The problem was the asinine shit that he did say as well as waffling all over the place about who he actually was as a kid. If he would have stood up and simply stated that he was a drinker and liked to party then I would have had respect for that. Instead he tried to play the choir boy in school and I that does not pass muster.

Also, the BS he was pulling with the call for the FBI investigation was BS as well. He should have simply stated no because the extra time dragging his name through the mud. What is so hard about simply stating the truth rather than avoiding the question entirely.

Either you want a fighter or you don't but Kav did not display that he was a fighter there like many on the right are stating - all I seen was someone acting like the traditional lying politician. I don't want another politician on the court - I want someone that is straight forward and that I think will fight for what is RIGHT rather than play word games to pander. I got NOTHING of that from his statements. i would have preferred him to just tell the committee that he was not going to play ball because he felt it was a character assassination attempt and then answered no questions at all. At least then he would not have come off as a slimy politician.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

He won dickwad. But again, Justices are not placed to fight.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

Nor should they be campaigned for and against by donor money...that rather bothers me. As did his contemptuous attitude towards Congress and their questions prior to letter coming out, the rushed process, and the refusal to releases documents Congress had a right to see, all left a very bad taste in the way the process was conducted before it got dirty.

Justices don’t win. They don’t lose. It is not how it should be viewed imo.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

Nor should they be campaigned for and against by donor money...that rather bothers me. As did his contemptuous attitude towards Congress and their questions prior to letter coming out, the rushed process, and the refusal to releases documents Congress had a right to see, all left a very bad taste in the way the process was conducted before it got dirty.

the rushed process, and the refusal to releases documents Congress had a right to see

You mean the documents covered by executive privilege?

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

the rushed process, and the refusal to releases documents Congress had a right to see

I mean documents. Similar were released for Kagen and not at the last minute so there was no time to read them. Pretty dirty.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

I mean documents. Similar were released for Kagen and not at the last minute so there was no time to read them. Pretty dirty.

I mean documents.

Many unreleased documents were covered by executive privilege.
Why would the White House release those?

Get over what?

I mean documents.

Executive priveledge wasnt cited in a demand for similar documents from Kagen. As a result the Republicans got a full picture of her and 80 some days for their hearings. partusan double standards? Lack of transparency?

I mean documents.

Executive priveledge wasnt cited in a demand for similar documents from Kagen. As a result the Republicans got a full picture of her and 80 some days for their hearings. partusan double standards? Lack of transparency?

Executive priveledge wasnt cited in a demand for similar documents from Kagen.

She was Solicitor General for about a year.
He was in the White House for almost 3 years.

As a result the Republicans got a full picture of her

Based on how many pages of documents? Versus how many pages for him?

Lack of transparency?

Give me a break. The White House doesn't have to release all their work product to the Senate. Ever.
Even if withholding documents makes Dems whine. I mean whine more than usual.

How many Dems would have changed their vote to yes if they saw another 100,000 documents?

I mean documents.

As a result the Republicans got a full picture of her and 80 some days for their hearings.

upload_2018-10-10_14-17-35.png

80 days? June 28th - August 5th, looks like 38 days to me.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

And, dickwad?

Did not say he did not win and I am not the one grandstanding about how he was a fighter. That is coming from the talking heads. It is interesting how the right takes any criticism of Kav.

Seriously, get over it.
Get over what?

It is the new normal.

Why release any documents at all anymore? The ONLY thing those documents are used for is to justify already held positions. The idea is that those documents are supposed to be part of the decision process. That has not really been true for awhile now though.

Get over what?

It is the new normal.

Why release any documents at all anymore? The ONLY thing those documents are used for is to justify already held positions. The idea is that those documents are supposed to be part of the decision process. That has not really been true for awhile now though.

Why release any documents at all anymore?

I love the idea that they didn't release any documents from his time in the White house.

President Trump’s administration is holding back on releasing more than 100,000 pages of records from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s time as a lawyer in the George W. Bush White House. The documents, the White House insists, are covered by executive privilege, according to a letter sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday ahead of the confirmation hearings. Lawyers have turned over around 415,000 pages of records to the committee, including 147,000 that were handed over to the committee but not released to the public.

White House Withholds More Than 100,000 Pages of Kavanaugh Records

Forum List

Back