Vote for Kav = Buh Bye Susie Collins

Why? Because she didn't cave to the Gestapo tactics of the Democrats? That would be a good reason to vote her back in, she showed a backbone and stuck to the facts.

Because she just agreed to vote for a lying ass partisan politico to a lifeitme appointment to SCOTUS. Ford was way more credible than our beer gulping, Clinton conspiracy theory slinging, virgin choir boy.

And Gestapo? You need to get a fucking grip on reality buddy.

Not one word of hers could be backed up by a single fact.

I see you've been working on your Trumpian hyperbole.

Then give me the evidence that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford. So far you have proved nothing, just assumptions.

My oposition to Kavanaugh has to do with his bullshit statements and attitude at the hearing.

I don't know who he was groping or not 30 some years ago, it's a he-said, she-said situation, but I know this guy's testimony was partisan and not credible, he doesn't belong on the supreme court.

You should really listen to his roomate's interview:

Is that the whiney twat the other 3 roommates couldn't stand?

Because she just agreed to vote for a lying ass partisan politico to a lifeitme appointment to SCOTUS. Ford was way more credible than our beer gulping, Clinton conspiracy theory slinging, virgin choir boy.

Then give me the evidence that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford. So far you have proved nothing, just assumptions.

My oposition to Kavanaugh has to do with his bullshit statements and attitude at the hearing.

I don't know who he was groping or not 30 some years ago, it's a he-said, she-said situation, but I know this guy's testimony was partisan and not credible, he doesn't belong on the supreme court.

Is that the whiney twat the other 3 roommates couldn't stand?

Is there a relvant point somewhere in your post?

Why? Because she didn't cave to the Gestapo tactics of the Democrats? That would be a good reason to vote her back in, she showed a backbone and stuck to the facts.

I'm repeating myself, but Antonin Scalia was famous for his bad temper. I don't know what his statement to the committee would have been, but I'm guessing it would not have been calm and measured.

Just think! If $2M can be raised in a month and the election is two years away, we'll wipe her ugly mug off the Senate floor easily.

I hope other groups take the lead like the women in Maine have, and do the same damn thing.

Is it the abortion thing?
I wish to God you people would stick to your own state and leave her to hell alone.
Nonsense.

Collins will be voting to place on the Supreme Court a justice whose votes will affect every American in every state.

Indeed, as with all elected Federal representatives, Collins’ votes concerning Federal legislation likewise affects every American in every state.

Consequently, it’s perfectly appropriate for any American in any state to oppose Collins, and seek her removal from office.
I don’t like Kavanaugh but he is qualified. I don’t think opposing him on purely partisan lines is good for the courts. It IS the president’s prerogative to be able to fill a vacancy, despite the shameful behavior of the Republicans.
Oddly enough, I supported him through the entire process, even her testimony, until he opened his asinine mouth. The performance that he put on in front of the committee was not something that I would support going to the bench.

It’s made up less than this-

Women's March (@womensmarch) on Twitter
This is who
@SenatorCollins
is:

The system is partisan..........always will be ...........it's one thing to block a nomination........it's entirely another to try and destroy a man and his family with accusations with no evidence to back it up...........

This was a media circus trial.......................and showed many how dirty the Dems can be right before an election...........and there will be consequences for it come November................Free get out the vote to the GOP
No. It is not one thing to block a nomination for purely purposes. You just approve of dirty tricks when it benefits your side.

There was nothing wrong with Ford’s allegation. There was nothing wrong with checking it out. That is part of the process. What was wrong was the WAY it was handled.
LOL

Holding it for 6 weeks.....pleeseeeeee..........leaking at the last moment...........already lawyered up in August with a lie detector test.................

You trying to say that wasn't a planned attack.............LOL .........you dang well it was...........
Holding an open seat for over a year using a made up rule....

There is no Biden rule. It is the McConnell rule. You are just to cowardly to own it.

I would go back one step further to Reid. When the senate decided to forgo all pretense and slam nominees through without any input from the minority party then established a senate process that relied on majority mob rule for the foreseeable future.

I said this shit would happen when the dems were riding on their high horse and fucking over the republicans. Now, as Kav put it, they are reaping the whirlwind as republicans damn near permanently take the SCOTUS.

Was it worth it? Fuck no.

The difference is negligable - all tactics were lawful - AND - if McConnell hadn't insisted on the short timetable, withheld important documents, released many at the last moment - it wouldn't have come to this - Kagen and Sotameyor both had much longer hearings. This could have been quietly handled and investigated if the atmosphere on both sides wasn't so toxically partisan - the same toxic partisanship that denied Obama his right as president, to put forth a Supreme Court Nomination. You all changed that (preceded by the Dems changing the fillibuster rule) - this all fallout from preceding actions.

Kavannaugh will have to prove he isn't partisan. And that he is independent of Trump. I wouldn't have disqualified him on the basis of what happened in Highschool. But I am disturbed by some of what he said in the hearings, his refusal to answer questions and a generally disrespectful attitude towards Congress (imo).

Obama did put forth a nominee. His name was Merrick Garland

I hope the Dems take notes from McConnell; anything's fair now! The bar has been lowered so far, I'm not sure it can be raised again in my lifetime! This is going to be war from now on; esp. while Trump's still in office! :26:

Like it hasn't been "war" from the moment that Trump beat Hillary? How much sleazier can you on the left get? You accused a man of gang rape with ZERO proof! I think what has you so upset is that the GOP is finally starting to fight back in this "war" and they're winning!
It has been war from the moment Obama was elected and you ran with birtherism.

I agree with you 100% on this.
The backlash against Obama was immediate, with thousands of angry white people filing for 501 c 4 status to form Tea Party groups, the fear that Obama was going to take everyone's guns away, the sheer screeching bigotry from the far right whites.

We weren't nearly as evolved as I thought we were, and it looks like it was too soon to have a black American in the Oval Office.

It's how we got Trump. And now, Trump's puppet, Brett Kavanaugh, who probably not only pledged personal loyalty to Trump, but got down on his knees to do it.

darthkitchen-jpg.220945

Pretty much. It is okay to do any crime if there is no proof to prove you did it.

If the bank in your town ends up missing several thousand dollars and claims YOU stole it, can they put you in jail with out evidence based solely on their claim?

NO.

Stop being stupid. No one believes it is "ok to rape someone." At the same time, nobody believes it is ok to just punish someone based on solely on accusations, right?

The is the premise of crime. Democrats are always telling foreigners, if you don't get caught, sure, come on over to America without going through the process, rape the system.

Well stop being stupid yourself. There was no full investigation. There was no conclusive evidence, but enough to suggest something had happened. In fact most agreed something DID happen. Not enough to, as was brought up in another case - to allow a prosecuter to make a reasonable case. And that is fair assuming a full investigation reaches the same conclusions. I have issues with the way it was handled in such a public manner, that should never have happened. Nor should it have been ignored. Ford's name should never have been disclosed, and the investigation should have been thorough and quiet until concluded. THAT was shameful and GROSSLY unfair to both Kavannaugh and Ford. BOTH have been publically shredded and humiliated. The President himself partook of the public shredding of a civilian. That is unforgiveable. Each time when I think one side or the other can't get any worse they do. And the Republicans are no better.

My apologies dear.

What I meant by stupid was, that you can't possibly believe someone should be sanctioned and have their character and career destroyed on an accusation alone? Who ever leaked this wanted to make sure that you would feel this way, that the corporate media would make you feel this way.

You don't actually think that, right?

I don't think sexual assault is an issue that should be politicized and used as a political weapon, I believe that the establishment is cheapening it. Folks will no longer take it seriously, like the boy who cried wolf. The leaker did this for precisely this purpose, b/c they knew how certain folks would react.

What ever the case may be, we are in total agreement, the situation was handled completely horribly. Utterly atrocious. I'm pretty sure, the reason it was leaked, is to make an issue of something where no evidence would ever have been found, to MAKE IT POLITICAL, to tie him to something that was in all likelihood, either a false memory, or an incident that had two sides of a story. If they hadn't leaked it, it would have never gone public and we would not now be having this conversation. If it weren't a false memory, it is likely a misunderstanding or an exaggeration. Who knows?

When I think about the fact that Ginsburg was confirmed on a vote of 96 to 3 and Scalia was confirmed on a vote of 98 to 0 I wonder what is happening to this nation.

I totally agree. But I also never thought they would pull the stunt they did with Garland. :(

The nefarious "Using a Senate majority to reject a nominee they didn't like" stunt that's . . . I dunno, their prerogative under the Constitution?
It is a breakdown of the system and you know it. If it had been under a Republican President you would be crying foul. The Dems fully excersized their constitutional rights of advise and consent under the system, nothing was illegal. So was this a good thing? Or further breakdown of a system that is not supposed to be partisan?

Advise and consent.

Not puke, drool, and throw tantrums.

It's great that Maxine Waters and Diane Feinkenstein are your poster girls.

Now you are pissing off white women with your stupid approach.

Keep it up. You were less relevant before.....you are almost there.

We don’t like real victims of sexual assaults insulted by your made up victims.

You’ll learn that this November.

Here is the difference between you, and legitimate critics of Ford. They didn’t say it was made up. They agree that something horrible did happen to her that profoundly affected her life. But what they said that after all those years (and no doubt the drunken teenage memories of many of the witnesses) there was not enough evidence for a reasonable prosecutor to make a case. That is a far cry from saying she made it up and shredding her publically on it.

How far does your new found presumption of innocence go?

“Lock her up”"?
How far will Kavanaugh being guilty until proven innocent go................which is what this was truly.........

well now they want to impeach him

the attempted overthrow of the government by the leftists

carries on

They don't have the votes to stop his confirmation, but they're gonna somehow get the ability to remove him from office?
The Dems need to drop it and let it go. Let the country heal a bit. We know Trump will not. Maybe will remember it represents an institution of democracy and the people rather than parties.

Bravo. And I might add, there have been more than a few times that the Justice has surprised the opposition by actually voting their way more than how they were perceived to be.

Funny how a lifetime appointment can change things.

She is right in her statements.

However, you already perverted the process with Garland.
huge difference, Garland was defeated by Constitutional law (role of Senate to advise and consent) and Senate rules. They tried ti take Kavanaugh down with vile and hateful claims, character assassination

Dems have grossly miscalculated and overreached, going to cost them big in tge midterms

on a side note, Collins' comments that Garland and Kavanaugh have voted the same way over 90% of the time is very interesting, should give reasonable left leaning folks comfort

The difference is negligable - all tactics were lawful - AND - if McConnell hadn't insisted on the short timetable, withheld important documents, released many at the last moment - it wouldn't have come to this - Kagen and Sotameyor both had much longer hearings. This could have been quietly handled and investigated if the atmosphere on both sides wasn't so toxically partisan - the same toxic partisanship that denied Obama his right as president, to put forth a Supreme Court Nomination. You all changed that (preceded by the Dems changing the fillibuster rule) - this all fallout from preceding actions.

Kavannaugh will have to prove he isn't partisan. And that he is independent of Trump. I wouldn't have disqualified him on the basis of what happened in Highschool. But I am disturbed by some of what he said in the hearings, his refusal to answer questions and a generally disrespectful attitude towards Congress (imo).

I hope the Dems take notes from McConnell; anything's fair now! The bar has been lowered so far, I'm not sure it can be raised again in my lifetime! This is going to be war from now on; esp. while Trump's still in office! :26:

We can’t keep going down this road, some has to stop and think, is this good for America? If the Dems gain power, they should bring back the filibuster.
Do you mean the 2/3 and then 3/5 vote for cloture?
I looked it up yesterday--got curious. It was simple majority vote in Congress until 1917, when filibusters started to be used to the detriment of getting anything done. To me, the 2/3 or 3/5 rule is a GOOD one and we should have stuck to it, despite how hard it is to get agreement sometimes.

Like it hasn't been "war" from the moment that Trump beat Hillary? How much sleazier can you on the left get? You accused a man of gang rape with ZERO proof! I think what has you so upset is that the GOP is finally starting to fight back in this "war" and they're winning!
It has been war from the moment Obama was elected and you ran with birtherism.

I agree with you 100% on this.
The backlash against Obama was immediate, with thousands of angry white people filing for 501 c 4 status to form Tea Party groups, the fear that Obama was going to take everyone's guns away, the sheer screeching bigotry from the far right whites.

We weren't nearly as evolved as I thought we were, and it looks like it was too soon to have a black American in the Oval Office.

It's how we got Trump. And now, Trump's puppet, Brett Kavanaugh, who probably not only pledged personal loyalty to Trump, but got down on his knees to do it.

darthkitchen-jpg.220945
A picture is worth a thousand words.
LOL

Just think! If $2M can be raised in a month and the election is two years away, we'll wipe her ugly mug off the Senate floor easily.

I hope other groups take the lead like the women in Maine have, and do the same damn thing.

I wish to God you people would stick to your own state and leave her to hell alone.
Nonsense.

Collins will be voting to place on the Supreme Court a justice whose votes will affect every American in every state.

Indeed, as with all elected Federal representatives, Collins’ votes concerning Federal legislation likewise affects every American in every state.

Consequently, it’s perfectly appropriate for any American in any state to oppose Collins, and seek her removal from office.
I don’t like Kavanaugh but he is qualified. I don’t think opposing him on purely partisan lines is good for the courts. It IS the president’s prerogative to be able to fill a vacancy, despite the shameful behavior of the Republicans.
Oddly enough, I supported him through the entire process, even her testimony, until he opened his asinine mouth. The performance that he put on in front of the committee was not something that I would support going to the bench.

Because what? You think an emotionless robot, who reacts in a completely inhuman, unnatural way to being accused of being a RAPIST, is somehow desirable? Tell me how calm YOU would have been in the same position.

Btw, anyone who thinks judges don't routinely get pissy, bad-tempered, and downright angry has never actually met a judge, and is talking out of his ass.

huge difference, Garland was defeated by Constitutional law (role of Senate to advise and consent) and Senate rules. They tried ti take Kavanaugh down with vile and hateful claims, character assassination

Dems have grossly miscalculated and overreached, going to cost them big in tge midterms

on a side note, Collins' comments that Garland and Kavanaugh have voted the same way over 90% of the time is very interesting, should give reasonable left leaning folks comfort

We can’t keep going down this road, some has to stop and think, is this good for America? If the Dems gain power, they should bring back the filibuster.
I looked it up yesterday--got curious. It was simple majority vote in Congress until 1917, when filibusters started to be used to the detriment of getting anything done. To me, the 2/3 or 3/5 rule is a GOOD one and we should have stuck to it, despite how hard it is to get agreement sometimes.

The real abuse didn't occur until Obama! The Senate had to have 60 votes just to agree on lunch! McConnell will burn in HELL for the way he's turned the most "deliberative" and respected body of the Senate into "mob rule!" Not sure how it can recover even with good management and leadership! The Senate is no better than the HOUSE now; just waiting for them to start banging their desks with shoes and standing on chairs screaming to be acknowledged and heard! :102: :1041: :321: :aargh:

The real abuse didn't occur until Obama! The Senate had to have 60 votes just to agree on lunch! McConnell will burn in HELL for the way he's turned the most "deliberative" and respected body of the Senate into "mob rule!" Not sure how it can recover even with good management and leadership! The Senate is no better than the HOUSE now; just waiting for them to start banging their desks with shoes and standing on chairs screaming to be acknowledged and heard! :102: :1041: :321: :aargh:

LOL! I don't guess you know it was Harry Reid that did away with the 60 vote rule on Federal Judges? Or, that the 60 vote thing never applied to Supreme Court Justices?

LOL! I don't guess you know it was Harry Reid that did away with the 60 vote rule on Federal Judges? Or, that the 60 vote thing never applied to Supreme Court Justices?

McConnell forced Reid to go there; actually filibustering any and everything! Obama wouldn't have gotten ANY judges thru if Reid didn't relent and go for a simple majority; keeping SC with need of 60 votes! McConnell felt empowered to change the rule again when he became majority leader and just blame it on the Dems! FK 'em! Hopefully they'll pay for this eventually, but they got what they wanted for a generation; a conservative court for the next 30-40 years! :102: :1041: :321: :aargh:

McConnell forced Reid to go there; actually filibustering any and everything! Obama wouldn't have gotten ANY judges thru if Reid didn't relent and go for a simple majority; keeping SC with need of 60 votes! McConnell felt empowered to change the rule again when he became majority leader and just blame it on the Dems! FK 'em! Hopefully they'll pay for this eventually, but they got what they wanted for a generation; a conservative court for the next 30-40 years! :102: :1041: :321: :aargh:

LMAO! So, McConnell followed Reid's example of filibustering Bush's nominees and you blame McConnell? Who Broke Washington? Blame Harry Reid - The Atlantic It must be a burden to have such a short memory.

I hope you spend all that money in Maine and help their economy. However, you can't buy an election. Ask Beto O'Rourke. He's raised over $23,000,000, spent $9,000,000 or more and is still 5 points down to Cruz.

I hope you spend all that money in Maine and help their economy. However, you can't buy an election. Ask Beto O'Rourke. He's raised over $23,000,000, spent $9,000,000 or more and is still 5 points down to Cruz.

McConnell addressed that on TV Sunday when he said Collins will be
well-funded in 2020.

Nonsense.

Because what? You think an emotionless robot, who reacts in a completely inhuman, unnatural way to being accused of being a RAPIST, is somehow desirable? Tell me how calm YOU would have been in the same position.

Btw, anyone who thinks judges don't routinely get pissy, bad-tempered, and downright angry has never actually met a judge, and is talking out of his ass.
Calm is not the problem. The problem was the asinine shit that he did say as well as waffling all over the place about who he actually was as a kid. If he would have stood up and simply stated that he was a drinker and liked to party then I would have had respect for that. Instead he tried to play the choir boy in school and I that does not pass muster.

Also, the BS he was pulling with the call for the FBI investigation was BS as well. He should have simply stated no because the extra time dragging his name through the mud. What is so hard about simply stating the truth rather than avoiding the question entirely.

Either you want a fighter or you don't but Kav did not display that he was a fighter there like many on the right are stating - all I seen was someone acting like the traditional lying politician. I don't want another politician on the court - I want someone that is straight forward and that I think will fight for what is RIGHT rather than play word games to pander. I got NOTHING of that from his statements. i would have preferred him to just tell the committee that he was not going to play ball because he felt it was a character assassination attempt and then answered no questions at all. At least then he would not have come off as a slimy politician.

And the result was glaringly obvious.

Reid was not FORCED into anything - he made a calculation. They thought getting their federal judges through was worth trashing the senate permanently. The dems are lamenting their asinine decision now losing the courts entirely.

Reid was an idiot of the highest degree. He sold the future for a quick political win.

Forum List

Back