Vote For DC Statehood Tuesday

Yep, PR will be next. These moves along with changing voting laws will assure democratic rule. Sadly, the majority of Democrats are already too brainwashed to see the danger.

Who says Republicans can’t win in those new states

They just have to try harder
That would be like Trump running against Castro in Cuba or the communists in the former USSR.

It would be impossible to win anything.

Republicans can win cities
They just have to convince residents that their lives will be better under Republican governorship.

I doubt that they would ever be able to do that. Suppose, for a second, that in 2024, Donald Trump promises increases in welfare and other giveaways for the huge, failed, supercities? All the things that libs have promised for years. Do you really think that DC and NYC and LA would go for The Donald? I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Why don’t they run in cities as a REPUBLICAN?

Bring in JOBS, good paying JOBS
Clean up the neighborhoods
Fight crime

Why?
Because they really don’t give a shit.

Why?
Because they really don’t give a shit.

Democrats have proven they don't either, (if they did, those cities would be in better shape), how do they keep getting reelected?
Those cities are in bad shape not because of Democratic leadership but because they have been abandoned by Capitalists. Manufacturing was once the backbone of our cities but they abandoned them.

and the Democratic mayors stood there and waved bye bye.

(possibly with a tear in their eye)

Who are you trying to bullshit.
Democratic mayors were left to pick up the pieces of an abandoned city. Capitalists used up the city and moved on.

Capitalists won elections to run the states/cities?

Been watching elections for over 50 years, never heard of the Capitalist Party.

WTF are you babbling about?

you said:
Democratic mayors were left to pick up the pieces of an abandoned city. Capitalists used up the city and moved on.

That must mean Capitalists were in charge, not Democrats, not Republicans.

Capitalists.

Yep, PR will be next. These moves along with changing voting laws will assure democratic rule. Sadly, the majority of Democrats are already too brainwashed to see the danger.

The danger of what? Letting people vote and giving Americans representation?

Wow. That's really fucking dangerous.

Here's the thing, dummy. If your whole political philosophy is contingent on keeping "Those people" from voting (and that's REALLY what we are talking about here) then that kind of flies in the face of everything you think this country stands for.
Who can't vote in DC?

Nobody can vote for Congressman or Senator
DC pays more Federal Taxes than 22 states but is not allowed to vote for those who levy those taxes.

Taxation without Representation

Anyone who lives in Washington DC that doesn't like it can move across the border to MD or across the river to VA.

BTW, the people of Washington don't feel deprived at all. The tremendous Patrick J. Buchanan grew up in Washington DC and didn't feel deprived at all- even when they had no elections at all in DC. They considered themselves special and recognized their uniqueness, according to Buchanan's masterpiece "Right from the Beginning".

Look, the push for statehood is purely for the congressional seats. Let's not beat around the bush on that one. DC has existed since the beginning and PR has been a territory since what, the 1800s? As if yet, no serious push to make either a state has happened.

Now that the senate is divided 50/50, the democrats see the need to add 2 more seats. Had the democrats won more senate seats, or, if dc and pr were guaranteed to create republican congressional seats, the democrats would not be making this push.

I'm not saying they are wrong, if these places have us citizens and pay federal taxes, then they are entitled to statehood. But this has nothing to do with representation. That's just the excuse being used to justify it.

If your concern is letting people vote, then pass legislation allowing them to register in either Virginia or Maryland for purpose of voting.

The District of Columbia is supposed to be Neutral Ground, free from the influence of any State.

Again, just because something seemed like a good idea in 1790 doesn't make it a good idea now.

The fact is, DC isn't "Neutral Ground". People live there, and they have unique concerns.
Then they can move.

DC stays "as is" in perpetuity.

I'm curious, we've seen the cons of DC not being a state...I'm wondering, are there any benefits to DC not being a state?

Nobody can vote for Congressman or Senator
DC pays more Federal Taxes than 22 states but is not allowed to vote for those who levy those taxes.

Taxation without Representation

We don't do city-states in America.

They can be allowed representation in Maryland if Congress wants. But the leftist DemonRats want a city-state. If they succeed they will demand the same for NYC and LA.

Of course there is.
Cut out the National Mall area and declare that the new District of Columbia. Make the rest a state
The District has been downsized in the past

Just put them in Maryland then. We don't do city-states in America.

Of course there is.
Cut out the National Mall area and declare that the new District of Columbia. Make the rest a state
The District has been downsized in the past

Just put them in Maryland then. We don't do city-states in America.

What if Maryland doesn’t want to expand?
We do low population, low density states
Why not City States?

@JoeB131 embarrassed again. Maybe he ll run and cry to the mods again. Please post a link here that citizens of DC don’t have any rights. Thank you.

Princess Bignose, you have to contribute more to the conversation if you want me to pay attention to you.
Princess Bignose is your nickname since you subscribe to the Disney channel to watch princess movies. You made the claim now show a link with proof. Thank you.

So, LA county has more of a say than 8 western states, because of population?

LA, like you, doesn't give a shit about those low population states.

and YOUR way, they would get NOTHING from the Federal government.

Real shame you hate your fellow Americans that much.

Uh, if the Western states have to pay for their own infrastructure, instead of having it subsidized by the populated states.... they'd be in serious trouble.

I don't consider the inbreds of the Red States to be my "Fellow Americans".

Here's the thing, dummy. If your whole political philosophy is contingent on keeping "Those people" from voting (and that's REALLY what we are talking about here) then that kind of flies in the face of everything you think this country stands for.

No, that's not "what we are talking about here". There's no problem with them voting as part of Maryland.

DC has been a city since 1790, and added land from VA and MD prior to the Civil War I think. I didn't realize this but they were only allowed to vote in presidential elections since 1964 and in 1973 elect a mayor. It has it's unique identity now as did Alaska and Hawaii, the most recent states. There have been calls for statehood for some time. Why should they have to vote as MD and VA when neither of those states represent them? I think some sort of statehood needs to be realized.

I'm in favor of it, as long as they also remove the government out of Washington DC. The federal government needs to be in a neutral town and not part of any state. That's the Constitution.

If we, the people , decide to move the capital to Palm Beach County and designate Mar a Lago as the new executive mansion I'd be cool with the idea.

Or if America decides to build a new capital city in Eastern Kentucky or somewhere else that needs the jobs.

They would have to carve out federal areas for the monuments and the governmental portions.

No, that's not "what we are talking about here". There's no problem with them voting as part of Maryland.

DC has been a city since 1790, and added land from VA and MD prior to the Civil War I think. I didn't realize this but they were only allowed to vote in presidential elections since 1964 and in 1973 elect a mayor. It has it's unique identity now as did Alaska and Hawaii, the most recent states. There have been calls for statehood for some time. Why should they have to vote as MD and VA when neither of those states represent them? I think some sort of statehood needs to be realized.

The redundancy of all this makes me twitch.

Read the Constitution one time and you'll know why.

So, LA county has more of a say than 8 western states, because of population?

LA, like you, doesn't give a shit about those low population states.

and YOUR way, they would get NOTHING from the Federal government.

Real shame you hate your fellow Americans that much.

Uh, if the Western states have to pay for their own infrastructure, instead of having it subsidized by the populated states.... they'd be in serious trouble.

They are as much American as you are.

Why should anyone consider YOU an American?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back