Volkswagen Drives Its New Electric Car Cross Country in ONLY 18 Days!

Lithium ion is apparently being recycled. Micromobility applies to e-skateboards and small e-scooters. Badger’s e-trike will be covered, like a car. When batteries become standardized, recharging stations along the e-bike highway will use solar(Colorado) and wind (Iowa). From a vending machine, you will drop off the empty battery and install a full one.

Pony Express went from Missouri to California in 10 days.

On horse.

And Volkswagen is all giddy about their accomplishment.

/——/ Did you look at the map? It wasn’t the most direct route. Miles covered was much longer for the VW, plus promotional stops added to the time.

#1. Who's in a hurry?
#2. Who needs an oversize, overweight vehicle?
#3. Listen to the silence! Breathe the clean air!
What is wrong with thinking that progress might be in a different direction than adolescent obsession with power and noise?

If the vehicle weighed closer to what a beetle did and had about the same power, about 20 square meters of solar panels would give a day's electricity in about six hours. It could be charged virtually anywhere.

“The 6,700-mile scenic route, much of which took place along the southern edge of the lower 48 states, took 18 days.”

Direct shot across the US is 2500 miles
They took the scenic route

I put this link here in support of your comments seeing someone already drove across country in a electric Ford Mustang...

Yes, it’s nice to own your own. If weather doesn’t permit, the panels fold up and go in a locked and dry compartment. Badger’s two panels slide onto a shelf under the bike trailer. Pass-through charging (of the power station) still stresses the system, though when you have two batteries, one is being used for locomotion while the other Is being charged.

Where's all the electricity going to come from to charge so many of these overrated cars? And mining is a very dirty business; the rare earth minerals needed for these electric vehicles must be mined.

The CCP loves it though as China has a dominant market share of rare earth minerals.

Then what to do with all the huge, worn-out battery packs. Ship them to the third world to be forgotten about?
They already have a battery waste problem which is going to grow fast
there are recycling technics already in use,,,
Not that I've seen
I suggest you do some research,,
Be happy to look at anything ya got....otherwise ya got nothin
just google

electric car battery recycling

there are dozens of sites available,, just be careful of the zealots on both sides,,
It’s a huge problem. As well as the owner having to spend $5K every 3 years to replace the battery.
5...try 10
a smart person sets up a dedicated solar system for 1000 bucks and never pays for fuel again, I buy 3K a yr on fuel for my truck so that 10K for a battery is far cheaper,, not to mention theres a 10yr warranty from most manufacturers,,,
So you dont have an ev? I spend about 20 bucks a month for gas.......an ev would net me nothing
you do realize youre not the only person in the world dont you??

for a lot of people EV makes no sense,, but for the majority that just commute and go to the store it makes a lot of sense,,,
Do you realize that dumbass...so you dont have an EV but want everyone else to be forced into one
when did I say I wanted everyone to forced into one??

in fact I just said it wont work for a lot of people,,, and before I said the government needs to get out of it,,,
LEt me know when you live up to your rhetoric and boosterism.........you seem to know little on the subject.
your surrender isnt accepted,,, just mocked,,,
Yeah thats it, you provided nothing but ignorant opinion
dude,, I said its not for everyone and the government shouldnt be forcing anyone,,

whats your fucking problem???

youre the fuck that says its not for you so nobody should have one,,
Yet you side with the party that uses government powers to force people.
So you’re guilty.
both you dems and your republican friends make me sick to my stomach,,, and why I have never voted for either of you sick fucks,,,

“The 6,700-mile scenic route, much of which took place along the southern edge of the lower 48 states, took 18 days.”

Direct shot across the US is 2500 miles
They took the scenic route

I put this link here in support of your comments seeing someone already drove across country in a electric Ford Mustang...

That’s pretty good.
Like getting over 40 mpg. I like how the car tells you where the nearest charging station is.

Last edited:
#1. Who's in a hurry?
#2. Who needs an oversize, overweight vehicle?
#3. Listen to the silence! Breathe the clean air!
What is wrong with thinking that progress might be in a different direction than adolescent obsession with power and noise?

Tesla burns for 4 hours, takes 30,000 gallons to suppress fire.
That water carries immeasurable quantities of dangerous toxins with it.
Releases unknown quantities of toxic lithium and other other toxins into the atmosphere and ground.

Two found dead in Tesla after firefighters battle car fire for four hours

As electric cars become more popular, an environmental catastrophe is looming with their use. Hundreds of these enviro-disasters with electric cars every DAY.
Green energy fanatics among the most ignorant humankind can offer.

Last edited:
It’s easy to become fanatic after you’ve charged your battery via the sun and are rolling along @20 mph.

Drag race between 1972 Electric Datsun vs 400 HP Corvette.

Always the ghey response from the progressive.........the problem is, nobody wants EV's. Only 350,000 sold last year in the US. Thats 1/4 of the # of Ford sales of F150 trucks ONLY :cul2::cul2:

As always, progressives dont understand economics and worse, dont think they apply. Americans dont want these cars because 1) They look like ass 2) They are waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive than conventionally powered vehicles.

The sales numbers tell you all you need to know........1% growth every years over the past 5 years.:hello77:

Always the ghey response from the progressive.........the problem is, nobody wants EV's. Only 350,000 sold last year in the US. Thats 1/4 of the # of Ford sales of F150 trucks ONLY :cul2::cul2:

As always, progressives dont understand economics and worse, dont think they apply. Americans dont want these cars because 1) They look like ass 2) They are waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive than conventionally powered vehicles.

The sales numbers tell you all you need to know........1% growth every years over the past 5 years.:hello77:

when you say nobody you mean the people that dont want them and not the millions of people that do right??

when you say nobody you mean the people that dont want them and not the millions of people that do right??

statistically insignificant = nobody :2up:

you leftist are all alike,, your world is all that matters,,, fuck everyone else,,

you leftist are all alike,, your world is all that matters,,, fuck everyone else,,

I only come in here to dish out butt-hurt to the hopelessly duped = presenting facts. Sorry they dont conform with some peoples idealistic visions. I cant help you.

People are free to go out and buy EV's if they like. Nobody is stopping them. But most of the climate crusaders dont understand that EV's are generally purchased by the well to do........d0y. Because they are too fcuking expensive :bye1: :bye1: . Fact. And they dont do dick about emissions. :bye1::bye1:. Fact.

Progressives can stay miserable for all I care.......not my fault. Delusions are ghey.

Not anywhere NEAR 1 million people buy EV's in America. Ford sells 5X the amount of trucks ALONE! I mean........c'mon now.........who cant laugh their balls off about that?:fu:

You keep saying that....
The numbers are significantly higher than they were ten years ago. As EV infrastructure increases and people become more aware of the technology, more people will buy them.
As more people buy them, prices will come down.

If it makes you happy, GM will be going ALL EV by 2035

Forum List

Back