Volkswagen Drives Its New Electric Car Cross Country in ONLY 18 Days!

Pony Express went from Missouri to California in 10 days.

On horse.

And Volkswagen is all giddy about their accomplishment.

you cant run until you first walk,,,
It’s a 132 year old technology.
yes it is,, but it was abandoned back then because of material and tech restrictions that no longer exist and a better source of power that is currently getting harder to get,,

tech always has a natural evolution,,
And the fact government laws force companies to sell it, the demand is zero.
currently the demand is high,,

and government needs to get out of all business's,, but you know how dems and repubes can be,,
both like force,,
US EV sales have fallen thru the floor the past few years.
if you say so,,,
Facts are facts. All the look at me wokers have one, market is saturated.
I know a lot of non dems that have or want them,,,
California can’t even run a light bulb consistently.
not my problem or the topic,,
Of course you think an EV you can’t charge is off topic.
you were talking about california and lightbulbs not electric cars,,,
Hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but EV’s require frequent recharging.

Hard to do when there’s no electricity within 100 miles.

the ranges are far more than 100 miles,,
and you just solved your own problem,, dont go a 100 miles from a recharge source,,,

just like all tech,, it has its place,,,
How do you recharge with no electricity?
I’ll wait.
how do you drive an internal combustion without gas???

I'll wait,,,
I can keep gas in my garage and drive 400 miles until I grab the first can.
well arent you special,, but what if you run out and are 100 miles from a gas station??

what about the rest of the world???

On horse.

yes it is,, but it was abandoned back then because of material and tech restrictions that no longer exist and a better source of power that is currently getting harder to get,,

and government needs to get out of all business's,, but you know how dems and repubes can be,,
both like force,,
if you say so,,,

and you just solved your own problem,, dont go a 100 miles from a recharge source,,,

I’ll wait.

I'll wait,,,
well arent you special,, but what if you run out and are 100 miles from a gas station??

I get the gas can out and refill my tank.

You can be in downtown LA for days looking electricity.

On horse.

both like force,,
if you say so,,,

I’ll wait.

I'll wait,,,

and after that cans empty?? most people cant carry extra gas cans in their trunks because its kinda dangerous,,

again with the califoria crap,, if a person runs out of a charge in LA they deserve to be stranded,,,

On horse.

both like force,,
if you say so,,,

I’ll wait.

I'll wait,,,

and after that cans empty?? most people cant carry extra gas cans in their trunks because its kinda dangerous,,

again with the califoria crap,, if a person runs out of a charge in LA they deserve to be stranded,,,
Electricity in California, in the random chance it’s available, is from oil.

On horse.

Bit of a different route.

vw-2-1617986337.jpg
Looking at that map, their trip was powered by oil and coal.
*shrugs* Ok

On horse.

both like force,,
if you say so,,,

I’ll wait.

I'll wait,,,

Electricity in California, in the random chance it’s available, is from oil.
nothing random about it,, if theres going to be a brownout they announce it ahead of time,,,
and none of it is from oil,,,

Where's all the electricity going to come from to charge so many of these overrated cars? And mining is a very dirty business; the rare earth minerals needed for these electric vehicles must be mined.

The CCP loves it though as China has a dominant market share of rare earth minerals.

Then what to do with all the huge, worn-out battery packs. Ship them to the third world to be forgotten about?
They already have a battery waste problem which is going to grow fast
there are recycling technics already in use,,,
Not that I've seen
I suggest you do some research,,
Be happy to look at anything ya got....otherwise ya got nothin
just google

electric car battery recycling

there are dozens of sites available,, just be careful of the zealots on both sides,,
It’s a huge problem. As well as the owner having to spend $5K every 3 years to replace the battery.
5...try 10

Where's all the electricity going to come from to charge so many of these overrated cars? And mining is a very dirty business; the rare earth minerals needed for these electric vehicles must be mined.

The CCP loves it though as China has a dominant market share of rare earth minerals.

Then what to do with all the huge, worn-out battery packs. Ship them to the third world to be forgotten about?
Not that I've seen
just google

there are dozens of sites available,, just be careful of the zealots on both sides,,
It’s a huge problem. As well as the owner having to spend $5K every 3 years to replace the battery.
5...try 10
a smart person sets up a dedicated solar system for 1000 bucks and never pays for fuel again, I buy 3K a yr on fuel for my truck so that 10K for a battery is far cheaper,, not to mention theres a 10yr warranty from most manufacturers,,,

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10
a smart person sets up a dedicated solar system for 1000 bucks and never pays for fuel again, I buy 3K a yr on fuel for my truck so that 10K for a battery is far cheaper,, not to mention theres a 10yr warranty from most manufacturers,,,
So you dont have an ev? I spend about 20 bucks a month for gas.......an ev would net me nothing

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10
So you dont have an ev? I spend about 20 bucks a month for gas.......an ev would net me nothing
you do realize youre not the only person in the world dont you??

for a lot of people EV makes no sense,, but for the majority that just commute and go to the store it makes a lot of sense,,,

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

for a lot of people EV makes no sense,, but for the majority that just commute and go to the store it makes a lot of sense,,,
Do you realize that dumbass...so you dont have an EV but want everyone else to be forced into one

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

Do you realize that dumbass...so you dont have an EV but want everyone else to be forced into one
when did I say I wanted everyone to forced into one??

in fact I just said it wont work for a lot of people,,, and before I said the government needs to get out of it,,,

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

in fact I just said it wont work for a lot of people,,, and before I said the government needs to get out of it,,,
LEt me know when you live up to your rhetoric and boosterism.........you seem to know little on the subject.

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

LEt me know when you live up to your rhetoric and boosterism.........you seem to know little on the subject.
your surrender isnt accepted,,, just mocked,,,

On horse.

I hate to burst your bubble with stats and math and stuff as I know you wanted a nice anti green hate thread to echo through eternity but....

A Tesla model S averages 450 miles per charge. It takes 75 minutes to fully charge. It’s 2500 miles from San Diego to Florida. If you drive 70 mph that gives you 36 hours of drive time and 7 hours of charge time. That’s 42 hours total.

Alternatively, you can do 50% charges in 20 minutes which will get you a little over 200 miles and is close to the average gas station stop most take to fill their tank and drop a load. That mileage is just about what my 81 GMC gets.

What were you complaining about again? I forgot.
Yo Weatherman2020 I was talking to you. Don’t ignore the math. What say you?

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

Yeah thats it, you provided nothing but ignorant opinion

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

dude,, I said its not for everyone and the government shouldnt be forcing anyone,,

whats your fucking problem???

youre the fuck that says its not for you so nobody should have one,,

Not that I've seen
just google

5...try 10

dude,, I said its not for everyone and the government shouldnt be forcing anyone,,

whats your fucking problem???

youre the fuck that says its not for you so nobody should have one,,
Yet you side with the party that uses government powers to force people.
So you’re guilty.

On horse.

They have a long long way to go to catch up to Tesla. Lol

Seems Electric cars have a ways to go before challenging for the Cannon Ball Run. At this point the 25 hours 39 minutes, is less time than the VW spent recharging its' batteries

Cannonball Run challenge - Wikipedia
Cannonball Run challenge - Wikipedia
The Cannonball Run is an unsanctioned speed record, typically accepted to run from New York City's Red Ball Garage to the Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach near Los Angeles, a distance of about 2,800 miles (4,500 km). As of August 2020, the record is 25 hours 39 minutes, with a top speed of 175 miles per hour (280 km/h) and an average speed of 110 miles per hour (180 km/h), driven by Arne Toman ...

Forum List

Back