Volkswagen Drives Its New Electric Car Cross Country in ONLY 18 Days!

If I was a denier, I think I'd be thinking about rethinking my position on a few things. Ya know?

Why would anyone be concerned with what I think? Or, conversely, why should I give a fetid dingo's kidney what you think?

It isn't even a matter of whether or not the warming of the planet is caused by humans or not. It should be obvious to anyone with any consciousness that we can't continue defecating at every level into our environment at the present magnitude. It has to be very seriously addressed.

It has to be very seriously addressed.

I have yet to see anyone address this matter seriously...

cd819055005a43ba80c3ff51036a100c_18.jpg

If I was a denier, I think I'd be thinking about rethinking my position on a few things. Ya know?

Why would anyone be concerned with what I think? Or, conversely, why should I give a fetid dingo's kidney what you think?
If you don't think anyone should care what others think, why are you here? What other purpose does this forum serve?

Because we live in a democracy and your opinion is expressed in your votes. The consequences of your votes can impact the well-being of others.

Because we live in a democracy and your opinion is expressed in your votes. The consequences of your votes can impact the well-being of others.

True indeed.........and thank God for that. Over the course of the past 20 years, green candidates in Congress have routinely been rejected to a % level at or near 100%. Tom Steyer has been spending 85-100 million dollars every mid-term election for candidates who get their clocks cleaned when the vote is counted.

So the consequences of the votes have left the climate crusader community high and dry despite the "science" hype which is not at all impressing the voters. Why? Simple.........because they have at least a dozen other issues they are far more concerned about than global warming. Every Pew poll on "voter concerns" in the past 10 years show clearly.........voters dont give a crap about climate change. Real people in the world doing real jobs and not floating around on the open ocean for weeks on end have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more worries in their lives than global warming. :cul2:

Pony Express went from Missouri to California in 10 days. On horse.
And Volkswagen is all giddy about their accomplishment.

Kinda hard to make time when you need to stop every 200 miles, park, and sit there for hours taking on new electrons.

Putting on shows. Taking people for rides. Washing the car for photo ops. Making videos. This thread is pointless and stupid.

Kinda hard to make time when you need to stop every 200 miles, park, and sit there for hours taking on new electrons.
This thread is pointless and stupid.

Quite the opposite. It is pointing out that rechargeable battery operated electric cars are wholly impractical for anything really other than fairly short, daily commutes around a city.

IF ELECTRIC CARS WERE REALLY ALL THAT BETTER THAN CURRENT ICE CARS, NO ONE WOULD NEED TO PROMOTE THEM, THE GOV WOULDN'T NEED TO TRICK OR FORCE PEOPLE TO USE THEM, PEOPLE WOULD BE FLOCKING TO THEM FREELY.

The fact that the government is trying to phase out gas and gas cars forcing you into an EV tells you this isn't about climate as much as it is about control.

This thread is pointless and stupid.

Quite the opposite. It is pointing out that rechargeable battery operated electric cars are wholly impractical for anything really other than fairly short, daily commutes around a city.

IF ELECTRIC CARS WERE REALLY ALL THAT BETTER THAN CURRENT ICE CARS, NO ONE WOULD NEED TO PROMOTE THEM, THE GOV WOULDN'T NEED TO TRICK OR FORCE PEOPLE TO USE THEM, PEOPLE WOULD BE FLOCKING TO THEM FREELY.

The fact that the government is trying to phase out gas and gas cars forcing you into an EV tells you this isn't about climate as much as it is about control.

I agree that charge time is a problem with EV autos and long distance travel. I wonder what Tesla/Musk are doing with their EV semi. It must have an enormous battery and no trucker can afford to sit motionless for 7-8 hours to charge one. I have always like the idea of building the cars so the batteries can be swapped quickly and gas stations would have racks full of charged batteries to swap out with yours. You could be in and out in ten minutes. I can see difficulties there, but nothing insurmountable except no EV has yet been built with such a configuration. The only other solution is to somehow develop a battery that can be fully charged from empty in ten minutes. Not easy for several reasons.

The government is not trying to trick or force people into EVs, yet. There may come a time when ICE vehicles are actually banned from America's roads, but that will be long after all of today's models are long gone. What can be seen to be happening instead is that manufacturers are moving away from ICE and towards EV. It is not economical for them to make both and they can see the writing on the wall. Of course, if you reject AGW theory, then you think the who mess is a scam and I'm not going to convince you of anything because, well, you're just that stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back