Volcanoes and ice

what an idiotic comparison. How LONG was the Mt Helens explosion? And where is ANYONE talking EXPLODING volcanoes under the WAISheet?

Those coastal glaciers have their footers in the water on top of a toaster oven. The fissures are ACTIVE but not generating explosive magma. So about 10 W/m2 UNDER TREMENDOUS PRESSURE from the ice above is MORE than enough to LUBRICATE their slide and accelerate them to sea.

Thought you were studying Geology there OldieRocks.. Do you not understand that 10W/m2 UNDER THEIR FEET is a HELL of lot more ice destruction than 3W/m2 from GW above? If it even IS 3W/m2 at Antarctica?

And since the heating is there EVERY MINUTE, DAY, MONTH YEAR since only Gawd knows when -- I can pull the same phony stunt that your buddies at skepticalscience pull and measure that TOTAL ENERGY in "# of Mt St Helens". It's a large number which I'm NOT gonna attempt unless you MAKE ME..

:dev3: but it's more than 2!!! LOL....
Are you really that stupid? By definition, an ice shelf is floating on water. If the volcanoes cannot melt glaciers that are sitting on top of them except when they are in active eruption, what the hell makes you think that they would be able to warm the water enough to melt the ice shelves? No evidence of active volcanoes under that ice shelf.

China paid good money for these AGW Studies and models
What a pissant little liar you are. #1 polluter, China, no pass. #2 polluter, USA, no pass. #3 polluter, India, no pass.

What a pissant little liar you are. #1 polluter, China, no pass. #2 polluter, USA, no pass. #3 polluter, India, no pass.

China, no pass?

China, no pass, US, no pass. Both nations are setting up a catastrophic future for their citizens and the citizens of all the nations of the world.

And by China no pass you mean they can increase their CO2 output for 30 more years and build more coal plants than the rest of the world is decommissioning? Ouch! No Pas! No Pas!

There is no evidence that volcanoes are involved in melting that ice shelf. But then, evidence is something you denialists have an aversion to.

I've posted it SEVERAL TIMES in THIS forum. All NEW science from about 2014 or so. You missed it. They got the chemical tracing, They've seen the evidence, Even pondered how much MORE of WAIS is WORSE then what they found. Explains those "pockets of sea life" living comfortably around those sea bed footers.

ALWAYS KNOWN that there was active volcanism in Antarctica. Even have a landside cone that smokes and belches occasionally.

I'll link to it HERE in this thread. Suggest you read up a bit.

Old Rocks

Read the 2 or 3 posts following this one. And maybe the movie of Mt Erebus erupting regularly on that same chain of fissure. Discovery was a Homer Simpson "DUHHHHDOOO" moment for the research of the WAIS and WHY the glaciers are moving seaward faster then "they should".

"By 2005 half the world will be underwater !!!"

5413.jpg
While Gore made several statements about the melting of the Arctic ice that bordered on exaggeration (expressed it as a probability) he did not make this statement. To flood half the world would require the oceans rise by 800 meters. How about you show me Gore or anyone else suggesting the oceans will rise by 800 meters, particularly by 2005.

Hey, did you see the Jeopardy clown dressed as a lady lost yesterday. Was to be his 40th win. And of course the media strings it along by calling him a her. It's fking hilarious. They should learn that a human with a prostate is a dude and will always be a dude. His brain is a dudes, his hands his feet, his gut, every physical component of the dude's makeup is man. What they are trying to promote is now his brain power is woman!!! So a woman has been winning 39 times. Hilarious Skooks.

Oh man.....glad my son didn't see it JC. He flips out when he sees shit like that.

But it's all good....wokeism dying on the vine. Nobody takes the freaks seriously

And many here are convinced that ONLY THE USA can affect the climate.....and is the ONLY country in their crosshairs......

China? PASS!
India? PASS!

USA? FAIL ?

Since 2014, China's CO2 emissions have risen, those in the USA have fellen.
2014_emissions_0.png

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Maybe this whole "Climate Change" hysteria is all about an agenda and not really the planet ?
And therein lies the weakness of the approach to Global Warming. They somehow believe that if they can only force Americans to ride bicycles to work, the earth will cool down, all the while ignoring the two nations that will totally eclipse the US in greenhouse gas emissions.

China, no pass, US, no pass. Both nations are setting up a catastrophic future for their citizens and the citizens of all the nations of the world.

Correct dude....first post you've been right about in about three years.

Accept it.....learn to like it. Frankly, you have no choice....or in other words, tough shit on you!!

You can opine about renewables until the cows come home....they'll be burning fossil fuels a long, long time after we are pushing up daisies. It won't be a worry....like for sure!!!

While Gore made several statements about the melting of the Arctic ice that bordered on exaggeration (expressed it as a probability) he did not make this statement. To flood half the world would require the oceans rise by 800 meters. How about you show me Gore or anyone else suggesting the oceans will rise by 800 meters, particularly by 2005.

Jesus...how do you get to a place where you think 325 million people think like you?
Does cognitive ability decline that dramatically being out on a ship in the ocean for months?

Wtf?

The prevailing social dogma is....the only thing that matters btw....is that Gore obliterated the AGW narrative with his goofball predictions that crashed and burned. Only knuckle draggers ask for "proof".

Dude...your level of social awareness is on a level similar to Joe Biden :bye1: :bye1:

Oh man.....glad my son didn't see it JC. He flips out when he sees shit like that.

But it's all good....wokeism dying on the vine. Nobody takes the freaks seriously
Demokooks really believe it!! Hahaha

Forum List

Back