Virginia kids to be taught about the famous Lincoln/Douglass debates

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I was puzzled about this as I have not been aware of this until now. It shows that the right are trailblazers in ending ignorance of important historical events.

Could you point me to any transcripts ?

Why not ? Where are the transcripts ?

Here it is. The bill lists the wrong Douglas. They will be slapping themselves over this. They are dictating what version of history should be taught when they do not really know their history.
Awkward !

I was puzzled about this as I have not been aware of this until now. It shows that the right are trailblazers in ending ignorance of important historical events.

Whatever people think about American Talibaner's pet projects on education, it's not like Americans can get much dumber

I was puzzled about this as I have not been aware of this until now.

REALLY, Tommy? You are not familiar with the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Where Lincoln took his opponent to task over slavery, a man who had likewise sought to marry Lincoln's wife, where the very underpinnings of the republican party were formed as Honest Abe set forth to tear apart all of Douglas' arguments in favor of the USA continuing with slave ownership?

REALLY, Tommy? You are not familiar with the Lincoln-Douglas debates? Where Lincoln took his opponent to task over slavery, a man who had likewise sought to marry Lincoln's wife, where the very underpinnings of the republican party were formed as Honest Abe set forth to tear apart all of Douglas' arguments in favor of the USA continuing with slave ownership?
I am aware of the Lincoln - Douglas debates. I was not aware of the Lincoln- Douglass debates which Virginia intends to teach students about. My belief is tht these debates never happened and only a fucking moron would propose teaching kids aboou them.

You are thinking of the wrong Douglas.

I am aware of the Lincoln - Douglas debates. I was not aware of the Lincoln- Douglass debates which Virginia intends to teach students about.
So you are opposed to history? What kind of education in history could you have without knowing the most important annals of your own country?

My belief is tht these debates never happened and only a fucking moron would propose teaching kids aboou them.
So besides being dumber than hammered shit, racist, mean, and prejudiced, you don't believe in things like:
  1. Men going to the Moon.
  2. That Lincoln was ever president.
  3. The Gettysburg Address.
In other words, I can expect to get more intelligent discussion from a macaw parrot than from you? Hey asshole, the debates went on for 7 fucking days outdoors with crowds attending, each three hours long where each person got an HOUR to answer a question and make their case on each issue!

People of the mid-19th century sans TV and the internet were obviously far superior mentally than the modern man due to exercize of the gray matter.

So you are opposed to history? What kind of education in history could you have without knowing the most important annals of your own country?

So besides being dumber than hammered shit, racist, mean, and prejudiced, you don't believe in things like:
  1. Men going to the Moon.
  2. That Lincoln was ever president.
  3. The Gettysburg Address.
In other words, I can expect to get more intelligent discussion from a macaw parrot than from you? Hey asshole, the debates went on for 7 fucking days outdoors with crowds attending, each three hours long where each person got an HOUR to answer a question and make their case on each issue!

People of the mid-19th century sans TV and the internet were obviously far superior mentally than the modern man due to exercize of the gray matter.
Perhaps you could point me to the Lincoln/Douglass debates ? Good luck with that because there arent any. You dont give a shit what you teach your kids .

Forum List

Back