Virginia GOP rejects primaries, settles on weird nominating process with a drive-thru convention at...wait for it...Liberty University!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
OK, get ready for this one. Virginia's GOP--reeling from losing every statewide election since 2009--just decided on its method to nominate GOV, LG, AG. No primary, no canvass. It's a drive-up "convention" on May 8 at one location only: LIBERTY UNIVERSITY.

OK, get ready for this one. Virginia's GOP--reeling from losing every statewide election since 2009--just decided on its method to nominate GOV, LG, AG. No primary, no canvass. It's a drive-up "convention" on May 8 at one location only: LIBERTY UNIVERSITY.

If they want to do it that way...more power to them.

Isn't Liberty University where they hold their cuckold events?
you mean this?

they even invited Bernie once!

Giancarlo Granda says Liberty University head, who quit over sex scandal, knew of his relationship with Becki Falwell ‘from day one’

• Banned
Isn't Liberty University where they hold their cuckold events?
you mean this?

they even invited Bernie once!

Giancarlo Granda says Liberty University head, who quit over sex scandal, knew of his relationship with Becki Falwell ‘from day one’

so?

Goofy as it is, I doubt it happens. What a great way to disenfranchise most of the state by saying they get no vote.

I live in the 5th district and this is how they ousted our sitting libertarian GOP congressman during the nominating process in favor of a Falwell sycophant, and to make matters worse, Lynchburg isn't even in the freaking 5th district.

Nice choice. Liberty University was founded by the late Jerry Falwell Sr., one of the bigger assholes of modern times. As a Virginia voter, if this is what the Virginia GOP wants to do, when it's trying to garner support among voters, I'll just sit back and laugh. I'm not here to channel my 16th Century ancestors, so I wont be voting for any candidate who hasn't made it into the 20th Century, let alone the 21st.

Forum List

Back