Viral Ed

Here we go:

Schools are starting to close in response to this virus thing. The consequences for children’s education and the many many details about completing the rest of the academic year will be great. Some very quick thinking and new approaches may be called for right away.

Children: the one group of people at lowest risk of dying from a virus they stand little chance of getting anyway, now made the new political football out of fear of lawsuits and legal ramifications at the kid's expense. But I bet not one teacher loses a dime.

So really, consider me wholly unconcerned for your "concern", you might say.
Really? You are not at all one bit concerned with the education of the children? That they might lose months of school this year they will never make up? What will they do, stay in school half the summer? Maybe no summer vacation? Maybe have to repeat this year next year. The public school system: just one more failed government institution showing total lack of preparedness having no system in place to go "virtual classroom" and sit at home attending internet classes on line on their computers. Lemme guess: the school system never saw this one coming.

Yep. Fuck the kids. Meantime, I bet the teachers make out just fine.

Here we go:

Schools are starting to close in response to this virus thing. The consequences for children’s education and the many many details about completing the rest of the academic year will be great. Some very quick thinking and new approaches may be called for right away.

Children: the one group of people at lowest risk of dying from a virus they stand little chance of getting anyway, now made the new political football out of fear of lawsuits and legal ramifications at the kid's expense. But I bet not one teacher loses a dime.

Really? You are not at all one bit concerned with the education of the children? That they might lose months of school this year they will never make up? What will they do, stay in school half the summer? Maybe no summer vacation? Maybe have to repeat this year next year. The public school system: just one more failed government institution showing total lack of preparedness having no system in place to go "virtual classroom" and sit at home attending internet classes on line on their computers. Lemme guess: the school system never saw this one coming.

No one saw this one coming, asshole.

Here we go:

Yep. Fuck the kids. Meantime, I bet the teachers make out just fine.

Right I was not talking about the kids--as you mentioned "not one teacher loses a dime". That's your concern, I get it. We haven't even gotten done with my concerns, or I should say, I haven't even started yet--past crying, that is.

It seems to me that if 25% of the class learns "nothing" between the time the schools closed and next September, then 75% of them are going to be bored out of their minds while the teachers bring the dullards up to speed.

Is there anything the Schools can do to ensure that the kids are doing something and learning something during this period of enforced confinement?

It seems to me that if 25% of the class learns "nothing" between the time the schools closed and next September, then 75% of them are going to be bored out of their minds while the teachers bring the dullards up to speed.

Is there anything the Schools can do to ensure that the kids are doing something and learning something during this period of enforced confinement?

The schools are trying hard to do just that.

Here we go:

Children: the one group of people at lowest risk of dying from a virus they stand little chance of getting anyway....

Do you have young children?

I do.

I would be glad to have my girls get their education online in my home, with real teachers at the other end helping the students along.

It inevitable anyway, might as well get started now......

Congratulations, it's happening.

It started TODAY, the assignments are posted by the teachers in their respective class area. My girls did the assignments and turned it in, it will repeat daily.

In my school district, Spectrum cable is providing FREE for 60 days internet service to any family that can't afford it, for the purpose of helping the online school classes hum along.

Here we go:

Children: the one group of people at lowest risk of dying from a virus they stand little chance of getting anyway....

Do you have young children?

I do.

I would be glad to have my girls get their education online in my home, with real teachers at the other end helping the students along.

It inevitable anyway, might as well get started now......

Congratulations, it's happening.

It started TODAY,......

In your district maybe. In others it began last week, and in some it won't start at all.

Forum List

Back