View First Unread option

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
When I go to Control Panel and click on a thread where I have posted, and then click on the option above the OP's avatar "view first unread" - shouldn't it take me to the last post that I read?

More than likely it should be mine, if I posted in that thread, but I've noticed that it takes me several posts away from my post - usually the next page so I end up having to back track to my last post or I would end up missing several posts that were made after I posted.

When I go to Control Panel and click on a thread where I have posted, and then click on the option above the OP's avatar "view first unread" - shouldn't it take me to the last post that I read?

More than likely it should be mine, if I posted in that thread, but I've noticed that it takes me several posts away from my post - usually the next page so I end up having to back track to my last post or I would end up missing several posts that were made after I posted.

Okay.....21 people have viewed this and no one else is having that problem? Am I special?

I have the same problem. Sometimes entire forums indicate that I've read them when I haven't.

I would think it would be easy to fix, the same code could be used as when you click on the arrow by the poster's name, it takes you directly to their post. Hmmmm.

sorta works ... sometimes - maybe it should go to the top of the last page visited then you would know where you were / are.

I have the same problem. Sometimes entire forums indicate that I've read them when I haven't.

I would think it would be easy to fix, the same code could be used as when you click on the arrow by the poster's name, it takes you directly to their post. Hmmmm.

I'm talking about forums, not individual posters. For example, I read only just the Tavern thread, but every thread in the Rubber Room was indicated as having been read when I checked back in later in the day. There was half a page that I definitely hadn't read.

Ill end up on the last page more often than at the next post

sucks cuz I don't write down what page I last posted on

It would be nice if they could fix that

Forum List

Back