Vietnam War Memorial and DC

I am a Vietnam Veteran.

I have been to DC on business several time in my life but never had the courage to visit the Vietnam War Memorial. I know it will be emotional for me and I kept putting it off.

My Iraq War veteran son told me it was time to go and we were planning a trip in the Spring.

However I can't go now knowing that DC is the Swamp and that dufus idiot China Joe is in the White House. The same sonofabitch that stole the election and is dishonoring the military now. We don't have a Constitutional Republic anymore after tomorrow. I am ashamed of my country. It is a joke to the world now.

No real American would go to the Swamp after tomorrow. It is a disgusting place with the thieving Democrats in charge.

Piss on China Joe and the Useful Idiots that support him.

God bless my fellow Vietnam veterans and all veterans.

Biden is not dishonoring any military. His dead son was in the Army for the love of God. Your son is correct. You should go. And it will be emotional for you. But leave your political baggage at home. It always bugged me that Vietnam veterans didn't get the welcome home they deserved until years later. I first saw the memorial in 1987 and thought it was powerful then. I'd probably wait until you got your tracking chip..erm....COVID shot and the Mall looks a little less like Belfast in the early 80's. Make sure you go at night. Much more of an impact. And visit the Korean War and WW2 Memorials as well. Remember the people you served with. Forget about who the politicians are.

His other son was kicked out of the military for being a cokehead. His son that was in the military was a piece of Moon Bat shit and his military duty was in the Judge Advocate Corps, doing subcontractor contracts.

I feel it would be dishonoring all veterans by going to DC now. It is a toxic place with China Joe stealing the election and doing purges of the NG troops.

But otherwise thank you for your comments.
You didn't want to see the Memorial for 45 years, but now you have a valid excuse?

I saw the traveling wall memorial in Saginaw Texas in 2005.
It's not the real McCoy, but it's pretty nice and maybe you won't have to travel so far, nor visit DC.

You don't want to read your friends names on the black wall. That's understandable. Making it about President Biden and Washington, DC is not.

You didn't understand the post.

I have put it off because I didn't have the courage to go. Some veterans are that way.

However, it is time to go but the last thing I want to do is now is go to shameful DC where the Swamp has installed an illegitimate President.

Two different things.

DC is the national HQ for the Swamp now and is an evil place. No real American would want to go there other than to pull those butt pirates out and tar and feather them.
Then visit the Traveling Wall Memorial, real American.

You won't. You're just here to cry about the new administration instead of crying while reading the names on the wall. One of those takes courage.

There are plenty of other threads to point out how China Joe stole the election and how is is already screwing up.

This thread is point out how toxic DC has become because of the Swamp. No decent person would want to go there now.

I am a Vietnam Veteran.

I have been to DC on business several time in my life but never had the courage to visit the Vietnam War Memorial. I know it will be emotional for me and I kept putting it off.

My Iraq War veteran son told me it was time to go and we were planning a trip in the Spring.

However I can't go now knowing that DC is the Swamp and that dufus idiot China Joe is in the White House. The same sonofabitch that stole the election and is dishonoring the military now. We don't have a Constitutional Republic anymore after tomorrow. I am ashamed of my country. It is a joke to the world now.

No real American would go to the Swamp after tomorrow. It is a disgusting place with the thieving Democrats in charge.

Visit the mobile wall. Also Vietnam era vet. USAF

I owe my life the courage of USAF personnel one night during a ground attack when we were very close to being overrun. God bless them.

I'm of the same mindset as you.
I have a relative I've visited many times that lives about a 2 hour drive from the "Wall.
Sometimes when there, I've considered driving to see the memorial since it's so close.
But then always decide not to, because the emotional toll on me would be just too heavy for me to cope with.
US Army 1970 - 71

I'm of the same mindset as you.
I have a relative I've visited many times that lives about a 2 hour drive from the "Wall.
Sometimes when there, I've considered driving to see the memorial since it's so close.
But then always decide not to, because the emotional toll on me would be just too heavy for me to cope with.
US Army 1970 - 71

I understand. I have several Veteran buddies that are the same way. Hard to explain.

North Vietnam posed no threat to the US, yet you went and interfered in a struggle that had nothing to do with you. Don't say they had to go through conscription, plenty like Mohammed Ally refused.
STFU you loudmouth limey jackass.
Muhammad Ali was a public figure with millions of dollars for lawyers to fight entering the service.
For the average kid like me that was to be drafted at age 19 into the service. You only had 3 choices.
1) Flee to Canada and never see your family again.
2) Go to prison for 3 years for refusing induction into the service.
3) Enter the service for a 2 year hitch.
I chose #3 ... :cool:

I am a Vietnam Veteran.

Biden is not dishonoring any military. His dead son was in the Army for the love of God. Your son is correct. You should go. And it will be emotional for you. But leave your political baggage at home. It always bugged me that Vietnam veterans didn't get the welcome home they deserved until years later. I first saw the memorial in 1987 and thought it was powerful then. I'd probably wait until you got your tracking chip..erm....COVID shot and the Mall looks a little less like Belfast in the early 80's. Make sure you go at night. Much more of an impact. And visit the Korean War and WW2 Memorials as well. Remember the people you served with. Forget about who the politicians are.

His other son was kicked out of the military for being a cokehead. His son that was in the military was a piece of Moon Bat shit and his military duty was in the Judge Advocate Corps, doing subcontractor contracts.

I feel it would be dishonoring all veterans by going to DC now. It is a toxic place with China Joe stealing the election and doing purges of the NG troops.

But otherwise thank you for your comments.
You didn't want to see the Memorial for 45 years, but now you have a valid excuse?

I saw the traveling wall memorial in Saginaw Texas in 2005.
It's not the real McCoy, but it's pretty nice and maybe you won't have to travel so far, nor visit DC.

You don't want to read your friends names on the black wall. That's understandable. Making it about President Biden and Washington, DC is not.

You didn't understand the post.

I have put it off because I didn't have the courage to go. Some veterans are that way.

However, it is time to go but the last thing I want to do is now is go to shameful DC where the Swamp has installed an illegitimate President.

Two different things.

DC is the national HQ for the Swamp now and is an evil place. No real American would want to go there other than to pull those butt pirates out and tar and feather them.
Then visit the Traveling Wall Memorial, real American.

You won't. You're just here to cry about the new administration instead of crying while reading the names on the wall. One of those takes courage.

Another piece of shit! Unfuckingreal!

North Vietnam posed no threat to the US, yet you went and interfered in a struggle that had nothing to do with you. Don't say they had to go through conscription, plenty like Mohammed Ally refused.
STFU you loudmouth limey jackass.
Muhammad Ali was a public figure with millions of dollars for lawyers to fight entering the service.
For the average kid like me that was to be drafted at age 19 into the service. You only had 3 choices.
1) Flee to Canada and never see your family again.
2) Go to prison for 3 years for refusing induction into the service.
3) Enter the service for a 2 year hitch.
I chose #3 ... :cool:
Why would you even consider 'running away' to Canada?
It's a no-brainer. Option 2. Is the only choice you could make.
I was 12 at the time and remember thinking that I'd rather go to prison than be forced to take part in an immoral and illegal war that never had the backing of the UN. Why would you a Muslim take part in a Christian crusade and betray your religion?

New Topics

Forum List

Back