Vietnam Veterans

I am a Viet Nam vet but I was not (to my knowledge) affected by AO. Funny though, how the hell long does it take to make a determination on something that happened nearly 50 years ago?

There are a number of disabilities which have been determined to be the result of exposure to Agent Orange. Type II Diabetes and the loss of feeling in the feet and hands to include varicose veins is one of them. Another is skin cancer.

The VA website has a list of possible ailments that can be the result of exposure. If you have been diagnosed with any of them, you can apply for a disability determination.

I am a Viet Nam vet but I was not (to my knowledge) affected by AO. Funny though, how the hell long does it take to make a determination on something that happened nearly 50 years ago?

There are a number of disabilities which have been determined to be the result of exposure to Agent Orange. Type II Diabetes and the loss of feeling in the feet and hands to include varicose veins is one of them. Another is skin cancer.

The VA website has a list of possible ailments that can be the result of exposure. If you have been diagnosed with any of them, you can apply for a disability determination.

Thanks! I appreciate the information, but I'm 72 and in fairly good health. Granted, I'm no 20 year old, but I am able to take care of my ranch, hunt and fish and target shoot often. No diabetes, no skin cancer and, (to the best of my knowledge) nothing else going on.

Something ain't right about another yada yada non profit political entity trying to dig up dirt on an independent forum about a fifty year old issue when there are tons of federal data about it. Get lost.

Something ain't right about another yada yada non profit political entity trying to dig up dirt on an independent forum about a fifty year old issue when there are tons of federal data about it. Get lost.

I tend to agree. The "agent orange" thing was settled 30 years ago.......

Disability compensation is determined from the time of diagnosis, NOT from the time of onset of the disease.

For instance, my prostate cancer was misdiagnosed by the VA twice, before a biopsy was performed. Of course, the biopsy proved them wrong, and caused a 12 month delay in diagnosis, and a 6 month delay in surgery.

Although I was disabled from the onset of the disease, I only received disability compensation from the date of the correct diagnosis.

The surgery was successful, and I have no metastasis of the cancer, yet I concurrently developed a paraneoplastic neurological condition which will permanently disable me.

The prostate cancer was considered agent orange related, yet the neurological condition has not. It makes no sense.

Fifty years?

The long term effects of AO were known long before we used it in VN. I have old b/w photos of animal experiments that show some of the same effects we've seen since VN.

IOW, our government knew exactly what they were doing to the people of SEA as well as our own soldiers.

And they still do.

My Daughter died at age 20 apparently of a birth defect. If possible I would like to know the cause.I was in an area that saw heavy AO use.

Forum List

Back