Video: Workers See for the First Time how Obamacare Affects their Premiums/Deductible

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
I also wanted such a mixed ticket. I thought Obama would make a better Vice President,
and could build his networks to prove his programs work, before running for President.

Are you yanking his chain on purpose?
He swears I hacked his account and typed that!

??? So he was just saying that to be sarcastic?
I thought you were quoting him for real, sorry!

But then I don't always know WHAT people are saying these days.

I heard that Reid called all the insurance horror stories "lies"
then I heard he DENIED he EVER said that even though there was video.

So what the heck,
maybe I should give up trying to keep track.

No, I wasn't trying to incite anyone.
I think I chased away Luddly and maybe Paperview.

But Jake seems quite willing to stand his ground
and explain objections and points rationally. He generally makes sense to me.

We probably agree on a lot of the same problems with govt,
but mainly disagree on who deserves more blame for them.

No he typed it, but he was saying he Voted for McCain the first time and Bammy the second.

Thanks for this link.

NOTE: I noticed the report cited a 99% increase in rates for men and 62% for women.
Isn't that discrimination by gender? If the ACA is going to punish the taxpayers, at least punish men and women equally! Gee whiz!

[1]Quoted in Avik Roy, “Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg Individual Market Insurance Premiums by 99 Percent for Men, 62 Percent for Women,” Forbes, September 25, 2013, Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women - Forbes (accessed October 11, 2013).

Nope, YOU are lying.

National average 44%.....I've seen as high as 300%.

More expensive, less coverage from the new plans.

Many needy folks getting coverage, many average folks can't afford it.

Are you suggesting the "average folks" don't have subsidies?

And what is an average folks to you?

Here are the state by state comparison to the premium spikes due to the Obamacare mandates.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?

Mr. Starkey, I'm just curious. If you are a Republican and actually want the GOP to win back the Senate, then why have I not heard you once criticize the left? You seem to support Obamacare, the stimulus, and most of Obama's other policies. Honestly, I'm happy you're not voting Dem just because that helps our side, but does the GOP really match your ideology at all?

Jake voted for Obama twice, don't let him yank your penis.

:lol: I voted for McCain and Obama.

Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.

saved

Nope, YOU are lying.

Here are the state by state comparison to the premium spikes due to the Obamacare mandates.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?

An average of all plans sold doesn't mean much. Individual market plans pre-ACA were often pretty skimpy (a "bronze-level" plan in the ACA individual market is actually more generous than a lot of plans offered in the pre-ACA market).

Obviously the fact that there are more generous plans available means the average premium of a plan is higher. That doesn't mean you can't still buy a cheap plan.

Your chart says the average premium for a 27-year-old in Alabama pre-ACA individual market was $165.

The average premium in Alabama for someone that age by each of the ACA's metal tiers this year is:

Catastrophic: $137.04
Bronze: $159.41
Silver: $202.31
Gold: $254.37
Platinum: $304.03

That's before any income-related subsidies and it's an average for the metal tier, not the cheapest plan available in that metal tier.

Catastrophic and bronze plans are cheaper than that pre-ACA average under the ACA, silver and gold are higher.

The premium of the average plan (period) went up largely because prior to the ACA, catastrophic- and bronze-level plans (or sub-those level) plans were the norm. There are actually more generous plans available in the market now, if folks want to buy them. There are also, of course, subsidies available now to make it more reasonable for folks to buy better coverage, so many have.

But the idea that people can't buy plans that were comparable (or cheaper) in price than pre-ACA plans is just wrong. Folks just have financial assistance and options now to buy better plans that they didn't before.

Mr. Starkey, I'm just curious. If you are a Republican and actually want the GOP to win back the Senate, then why have I not heard you once criticize the left? You seem to support Obamacare, the stimulus, and most of Obama's other policies. Honestly, I'm happy you're not voting Dem just because that helps our side, but does the GOP really match your ideology at all?

:lol: I voted for McCain and Obama (this should have been Romney, but I was tired).Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.
Correction above

such dishonest back peddling it cracks me up

you were told about this several times after you posted and you never once corrected it...now i call you out and you dishonestly claim it was a mistake.

LOL...you outed yourself dude

Nothing to worry about. Right Democrats? When every company in the country has these types of meetings over the next year, that won't hurt Democrat prospects, right?

:lol:

heres the problem you have a video who was created by whom ??? the right wing ... there was nothing in that video that's was based on actual factual information at all ... no where in that video did they mention subsidy ... the said par is you people buy it hook lie and stinker ...

now why would I say this because I'm partisan and want to distort the facts??? for the past 4 years I had to pay for health care 550 dollars a month for a catastrophic health care plan with a 5000 dollar deductible ...

this year starting January 1, 2014 my first payment went to health care the Obama care that you seem to all dread so much because of the alleged cost??? well mine now is 250 dollars a month, with a 250 emergency room deductible ... with a max pay out of 1200 ...

so this video is telling me what here??? it is telling me that a right wing company produced it ... then played it as if it was a news cast, which it clearly isn't, because if it was it would have told you totally the opposite ...the problem you all have here is call Republican liars ... they lie for the rich 1% for their benefit and not yours .... I know better ... I know what the real reality is ... because I experiencing it now...

I think the video is showing you who is paying for the discount you are currently getting. :eusa_boohoo:

Nope, YOU are lying.

I am telling you that the "average" premium rate went up 44% across the Nation.

I am telling you that not everyone gets a subsidy, and I am telling you that many who do still can't afford the Coverage.

I am also telling you that it is worse coverage than they could get before.

Lord knows I have yet to talk to a patient who said, "Ohmigod, my coverage is SO MUCH BETTER now than it was last year!"

Got to explain to a woman today that her copayments for generic medications - generics! - had just doubled. Good times.

:lol: I voted for McCain and Obama.

Your industry is getting what it earned, Antares.

Tuff dat.

Bump

Just because jake is an ass.

Nothing to worry about. Right Democrats? When every company in the country has these types of meetings over the next year, that won't hurt Democrat prospects, right?

:lol:

heres the problem you have a video who was created by whom ??? the right wing ... there was nothing in that video that's was based on actual factual information at all ... no where in that video did they mention subsidy ... the said par is you people buy it hook lie and stinker ...

now why would I say this because I'm partisan and want to distort the facts??? for the past 4 years I had to pay for health care 550 dollars a month for a catastrophic health care plan with a 5000 dollar deductible ...

this year starting January 1, 2014 my first payment went to health care the Obama care that you seem to all dread so much because of the alleged cost??? well mine now is 250 dollars a month, with a 250 emergency room deductible ... with a max pay out of 1200 ...

so this video is telling me what here??? it is telling me that a right wing company produced it ... then played it as if it was a news cast, which it clearly isn't, because if it was it would have told you totally the opposite ...the problem you all have here is call Republican liars ... they lie for the rich 1% for their benefit and not yours .... I know better ... I know what the real reality is ... because I experiencing it now...

I think the video is showing you who is paying for the discount you are currently getting. :eusa_boohoo:

No it is showing the discounts that don't offset the increased premiums that people can't afford.

Forum List

Back