Zone1 VIDEO: The 442nd Regimental Combat Team: The most decorated WWII heroes you may not know

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I found this story fascinating, primarily because in spite of the U.S. government having interned the Japanese-Americans during WWII they allowed many of those men to fight for the U.S. but returned them to that same condition they began in after leaving the military and in spite of their service to our nation.

Some of their accomplishments are pretty astounding

VIDEO: The 442nd Regimental Combat Team: The most decorated WWII heroes you may not know

I found this story fascinating, primarily because in spite of the U.S. government having interned the Japanese-Americans during WWII they allowed many of those men to fight for the U.S. but returned them to that same condition they began in after leaving the military and in spite of their service to our nation.

VIDEO: The 442nd Regimental Combat Team: The most decorated WWII heroes you may not know
There was also the 100th Infantry Battalion. It was a Hawaiian National Guard unit that fought with gallantry throughout the war, plus there were many Neisei’s assigned to both The Army and Navy as translators, both stateside and in the Pacific combat areas.
I had many Japanese American friends growing up and there was no animosity in their families towards the US or white Americans,

It wasn't "internment," it was THROWN INTO FUCKING CONCENTRATION CAMPS.

It wasn't "internment," it was THROWN INTO FUCKING CONCENTRATION CAMPS.
No, they were interment camps. Conditions there were far better than not only concentration camps, but the internment camps the Japanese operated for westerners. The Japanese interned At least 140,000 western civilians during WWII, more than 14,000 died from malnutrition and abuse, tens of thousands others were forced into brothels “servicing” Japanese troops, sailors and officers.
Conditions in American internment camps were benign by comparison. It was wrong of FDR to intern Americans of Japanese descent, but interning citizens of enemy countries was not only legal, but nearly universal. In every case but Japan, interned civilians and diplomats were repatriated under the supervision of neutral countries or organizations as quickly as possible. Japan refused to repatriate civilians so the USA mirrored their position.

They were CONCENTRATION CAMPS. Words have meanings.
Only in the fact that they concentrated people. The term concentration camp has connotations of places like Dachau or the British camps for Boers that were extermination camps.

Only in the fact that they concentrated people. The term concentration camp has connotations of places like Dachau or the British camps for Boers that were extermination camps.
The scumbag fdr called them concentration camps himself. They were concentration camps. Words have meanings.

My dentist was 442nd. Great guy, and a very great, and sadly missed, friend.

The scumbag fdr called them concentration camps himself. They were concentration camps. Words have meanings.
In 1936 when FDR used the term, it had different connotations. But as I agreed they were places to "concentrate" enemy aliens. Putting Issei ( Japanese nationals in whatever you want to call the camps was both legal and normal. Putting adult Neisei (American born citizens of Japanese descent) in them wasn't.

Forum List

Back