Video: President Biden's Native American nominee for Interior Secretary Deb Haaland Says US Capitol Sits on Indigenous Land at Confirmation Hearing!

From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government, Native Americans and First Nations peoples are still fighting for their treaty rights in federal courts

The link says 368. Point is...lots of forked tongues back then.

And how many treaties were broken?

Treaties can be broken by congress

They cannot just be ignored by the rest of the federal government tho.

Under American law we are obligated to do what we said. Which is why the judges are ruling that way.

If we ant the land Congress can take it. They just have to openly do it instead of being cowards about it.

From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government, Native Americans and First Nations peoples are still fighting for their treaty rights in federal courts

The link says 368. Point is...lots of forked tongues back then.

And all of them that congress didn't take the time to rip up are still legally valid, and judges will start ruling in their favor

As they did in oklahoma

And? What does that have to do with anything? She is Native American. Perhaps her mother married a norwegian? Who cares??? Every city in every state is sitting on indigenous land.

That's really not true at all. Many of the Injuns were nomadic people who didn't settle in any particular place for long as they engaged in hunting and gathering. Assigning a particular plot in a particular city as "previously Indian owned" might be true, but not that likely.
They didn't share the concept of ownership of property, but they sure knew about territory, where they hunted, or fished, spent the winters, buried their dead, met for their spiritual ceremonies, planted their corn. Of course it was their ancestral territory, whether they moved about to take advantage of the seasons or not.

I don't see why what she said would get anyone bent out of shape.

1614237736491.png
1614237835504.png

1614238085374.png
1614238283557.png
1614238572761.png

Attachments

• 1614238507660.png
    1614238507660.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 6
Deported where? Back to the rez???

Actually she is a half breed indian gal, like Cher.

The Indians point out that she is white by law, but the white folks call her "Indian Squaw".
Haaland is a Norwegian name. i know this because the best soccer player in the world is Norwegian Erling Haaland (my favorite!)

The name Haaland is of Anglo-Saxon origin and came from when a family lived in the village of Horlands, that can be traced to numerous places round England, including Harland Edge in Derbyshire and Harland Wood in Sussex.

My last name, on the other hand, really is Norwegian. For what it's worth.

The Indians point out that she is white by law, but the white folks call her "Indian Squaw".
Haaland is a Norwegian name. i know this because the best soccer player in the world is Norwegian Erling Haaland (my favorite!)

The name Haaland is of Anglo-Saxon origin and came from when a family lived in the village of Horlands, that can be traced to numerous places round England, including Harland Edge in Derbyshire and Harland Wood in Sussex.

Odegaard, Sorloth, Nyland...all Norwegian names...i know from watching soccer

STAY ON TOPIC!

STAY ON TOPIC!
Yes. STAY ON TOPIC. Nobody cares about your damn soccer, which has nothing to do WITH THE TOPIC. Damn, you are a moron.

STAY ON TOPIC!
Yes. STAY ON TOPIC. Nobody cares about your damn soccer, which has nothing to do WITH THE TOPIC. Damn, you are a moron.
soccer is a good thing! :D

They didn't share the concept of ownership of property, but they sure knew about territory, where they hunted, or fished, spent the winters, buried their dead, met for their spiritual ceremonies, planted their corn. Of course it was their ancestral territory, whether they moved about to take advantage of the seasons or not.

Because it vividly demonstrates that she is a far-left radical. Not someone that should be in any position of power whatsoever. Perhaps she had lunch with Nathan Phillips, another wacko, after the hearing.

Because it vividly demonstrates that she is a far-left radical. Not someone that should be in any position of power whatsoever. Perhaps she had lunch with Nathan Phillips, another wacko, after the hearing.
Because she said this?
I acknowledge that we are on the ancestral homelands of the Nacotchtank, Anacostan, and Piscataway people.

That is all she said about the matter. I'm linking the transcript of her opening remarks. I can't find anything remotely radical in it. Where is the problem for you?

Forum List

Back