Video: President Biden's Native American nominee for Interior Secretary Deb Haaland Says US Capitol Sits on Indigenous Land at Confirmation Hearing!

And? What does that have to do with anything? She is Native American. Perhaps her mother married a norwegian? Who cares??? Every city in every state is sitting on indigenous land.

• Banned
And? What does that have to do with anything? She is Native American. Perhaps her mother married a norwegian? Who cares??? Every city in every state is sitting on indigenous land.
i challenge you to find 1 person who agrees with you!

Most of the lands of the world has been taken away by winning conquerors, some several times, thus who had it first is meaningless.

That's really not true at all. Many of the Injuns were nomadic people who didn't settle in any particular place for long as they engaged in hunting and gathering. Assigning a particular plot in a particular city as "previously Indian owned" might be true, but not that likely.

The chief of the Cherokee Nation is named Chuck Hoskin, he's like 1/16th*

This is America your surname only reflects part of your ethnicity/lineage for most of us.

Last edited:
i challenge you to find 1 person who agrees with you!
Yer an idiot. Want me to go to Powwow.com and ask them to come here and have a chat with ya? Nah. They don't waste time on dolts.

Regardless...what is the OP's point? That she pointed out that the capitol is on native land? So what? What's the problem?

The implication is that the Honky has no right to be in Washington as they aren't the "real " owners

And the honky's in Cali are not hispanic..which used to be theirs.

I still don't get the problem and why the OP thinks this is important news.

I asked MrG. He is yavapai apache. He said yeah...the capitol is on native lands, but what can be done about it? Not a damn thing. So why argue over it? Or even try to make a big deal out of what Deb said? Unless it's to insult native americans they shouldn't mention it?

Native American tribes were too fragmented to put up much of a fight. They had no overall Constitution and no country. They lost their lands one at a time. Same thing will happen to US if we don't watch out. Together we stand, divide we fall.

Unless we signed a treaty for it, it's generally irrelevant

Oklahoma is mostly native land by treaty....That is a real legal problem. Congress won't do anythign and judges might just give the land back to em hahaha

I highly doubt the AMerican state ever made any guarantees over DC or anything on the east coast outside florida

Forum List

Back