Video of Baghdad war casualties explodes among bloggers

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
It's too bad I can't post it here.

Video of Baghdad war casualties explodes among bloggers | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

"Collateral Murder" has been viewed more than 4.2 million times. It can be viewed on YouTube, but be warned: It is violent and depicts a real-world war scenario.

-- Mark Milian
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3D5rXPrfnU3G0

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind. -George Orwell

video link sucked. here is a better one: [youtube]BYyHzkmFpXU[/youtube]

note: may disturb sensitive type.

Last edited:
It's too bad I can't post it here.

Video of Baghdad war casualties explodes among bloggers | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

"Collateral Murder" has been viewed more than 4.2 million times. It can be viewed on YouTube, but be warned: It is violent and depicts a real-world war scenario.

-- Mark Milian
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind. -George Orwell

video link sucked. here is a better one: [youtube]BYyHzkmFpXU[/youtube]

note: may disturb sensitive type.

Much of the dissenting commentary took shots at WikiLeaks. The Jawa Report wrote, "These people are beyond stupid, they're evil. Worst case scenario this is a few innocent being accidentally killed in the fog of war."

Likewise, Hot Air notes that the reporters who were killed knew the dangers when they signed up for the job: "War correspondents take huge risks to bring news of a war to readers far away. What this shows is just how risky it is to embed with terrorists, especially when their enemy controls the air."

Two other high-profile blogs, the Weekly Standard and the American, also took issue with WikiLeaks' framing of the incident as a murder.

Mediatedefends the military personnel in the video, who, the writer says, "audibly mistook the camera for an RPG, a weapon that can, and has, taken down Apache Helicopters."

Daily Kos explored the concept of government openness, and wrote, "This is a move toward transparency that should have been practiced from the moment the Army found out they killed a number of innocents"

-Video of Baghdad war casualties explodes among bloggers | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

[youtube]7sYXppiOteM[/youtube]

thing is the military should stop fuckin' lying. mistakes happen in war. people should know since Nixon, the cover up only makes things worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back