Video: Mother of fallen seal blames obama wh leaks

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
President Obama’s team “put a target” on the backs of the Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden, says Karen Vaughn in a video that suggests her son died three months later as a result of White House national security leaks.

“How dare they?” Mrs. Vaughn asks. “They put a target on my son’s back and even on my back. But a little over 90 days later, my son was dead.” Aaron Vaughn and 21 other Navy SEALs, “most of whom belonged to Team 6, the unit whose members were involved in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden,” according to ABC, died in Afghanistan when a helicopter he was riding on was shot down.

The video, released by the conservative Veterans for a Strong America, shows Vice President Joe Biden talking about the raid during a public event and Defense Secretary Robert Gates complaining that an agreement to keep the raid details secret “fell apart” as the result of such comments.

Video: Mother of fallen SEAL blames Obama WH leaks | Video | TheBlaze.com

It's becoming clear that Obama's priority list doesn't include the American people and especially not our military members. Deliberate leaks to advance one's career at the expense of American lives is one of the worst acts a person can commit. I don't think he is good enough for our troops to wipe their boots on.

Another Cindy Sheehan?

Hardly... Cindy Sheehan loathed her son and what he stood for. She wouldn't even visit his grave. Cindy put her ideology before her own child... And that makes her a truly sick individual.

I think claiming that a mother "loathed" her son simply because you disagree with her politics makes you the "sick individual".

They both blame the WH for their sons deaths.

So what? The reasons are at entirely opposite ends of the common sense spectrum. Mrs. Vaughn was upset about security leaks as possibly leading to the death of her son. Cindy Sheehan on the other hand despised her son for his Military service, and used his death as a Political football to take potshots at the Republican President like a completely batshit crazy Liberal nut-job.

Another Cindy Sheehan?

Hardly... Cindy Sheehan loathed her son and what he stood for. She wouldn't even visit his grave. Cindy put her ideology before her own child... And that makes her a truly sick individual.

I think claiming that a mother "loathed" her son simply because you disagree with her politics makes you the "sick individual".

What other conclusion would you make for her not allowing her son's grave marker to be placed, if not sick?

So what? The reasons are at entirely opposite ends of the common sense spectrum. Mrs. Vaughn was upset about security leaks as possibly leading to the death of her son. Cindy Sheehan on the other hand despised her son for his Military service, and used his death as a Political football to take potshots at the Republican President like a completely batshit crazy Liberal nut-job.

So you believe.

Some still believe in the tooth fairy.

What other conclusion would you make for her not allowing her son's grave marker to be placed, if not sick?

So, the fact that she didn't want a government gravestone for her son means that she "loathed" him?

Seriously, sometimes you guys really disgust me.

So you believe.

Believe what? This: snopes.com: Cindy Sheehan's Son's Grave

So, the fact that she didn't want a government gravestone for her son means that she "loathed" him?

Seriously, sometimes you guys really disgust me.

they cannot help but parrot right wing pundit talking points.

So you believe.

Believe what? This: snopes.com: Cindy Sheehan's Son's Grave

Strangely enough I just read that very same article in Snopes and came away with a much different take on it than you obviously do.

Personally, I think Sheehan just went off the deep end when she lost her son. She wasn't an activist until after his death. I think maybe this is her way of dealing with the loss and she's against any and all wars. She protested the Bush administration and is highly critical of Obama's foreign policy.

The woman who started MADD did so because her child was killed in a drunk driving accident.

It's just how some deal with it, but I don't criticize Sheenan for doing what she wants in order to feel like her life has meaning. Many, including myself, don't agree with everything she stands for, but luckily we live in a free country and we each decide what is right for us.

As far as Karen Vaughn, she has a specific complaint and I think she is justified in lashing out at the sheer incompetence of the Obama administration. I believe that information was leaked to make Obama look good and it was detrimental to our troops as well as our national security. We lost of lot of trust. It was incredibly irresponsible and Obama needs to answer for it.

Okay, I missed something. I missed some information about Mr. Vaughn's final mission.

Was the chopper and/or its occupants identified as being part of the Bin Laden mission? Did those who shot it down know exactly who was on board?

I'm just saying, it seems to me there'd be choppers flying around all the time, how would the bad guys know that THAT ONE was Seal Team 6's?

Okay, I missed something. I missed some information about Mr. Vaughn's final mission.

Was the chopper and/or its occupants identified as being part of the Bin Laden mission? Did those who shot it down know exactly who was on board?

I'm just saying, it seems to me there'd be choppers flying around all the time, how would the bad guys know that THAT ONE was Seal Team 6's?

Mr. Vaughn was not part of the bin Laden mission, nor were any other people on board that helicopter.

This was a powerful ad. I love how Biden leaks it the next day. The guy has no chance on Thursday of not saying something stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back