Video game stirs religious conflict

Having not read the books or played the game, I can't speak to its taste, but demanding that Wal-Mart pull it from shelves is asinine. You can launch crusades and jihads for purely political reasons in Medieval 2: Total War. You can kill hookers and routinely steal cars in Grand Theft Auto. The idea that Wal-Mart should pull a video game, even a bad one, just because it offends somebody is stupid (no matter how justifiably offended the person is).

If Christians want to engage in battle, why not join the REAL war that is going on all around us right now? All of are warriors once we hit our knees and pray for God's will to be done.

Other than that, there is no reason this game should be pulled off the shelves.

The game is really about Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins trying to get every last dollar out of Left Behind fans. Sometimes I have to shake my head at the "Christian" marketing genre.

I dont see what the big deal is. If you dont like the game, dont buy it. Period. Seriously, I dont give a rats ass who is offended by what. If something isnt giving you or anyone else physical harm, then who the hell cares if your precious little feelings are hurt? Dont buy the damn game, thats all there is to it!

Forum List

Back