Video Captures EXACTLY How Cops Treat Black People

MarcATL: I'm going to play devil's advocate here.
  1. What evidence do we have that this fellow was just sitting doing nothing? Was there any attempt at all to get the officers' side of the story?

2. Black or white, warranted or not, would you not expect that refusing to stop and submit to inquiries would aggravate police officers? I don't know about you, but if a police officer insists that I stop so she can make inquiries, I stop. I don't blow her off. I don't keep walking. I don't insist 50 times that I've done nothing wrong while I continue to walk. I don't blow off the other officers who show up and warn me to my face that refusing to stop will lead to my arrest.
If this fellow was being interrogated simply because he's black, that's unfortunate. Given the video footage, I don't feel sorry for him. I've been stopped and questioned by police before. I respected they had a job to do. I answered their questions, tipped my hat, and was off.

Show me a video of a black man doing the same thing but being arrested anyway, I'll get angry about it.

1. What evidence do we have that this fellow was just sitting doing nothing? Was there any attempt at all to get the officers' side of the story?

2. Black or white, warranted or not, would you not expect that refusing to stop and submit to inquiries would aggravate police officers? I don't know about you, but if a police officer insists that I stop so she can make inquiries, I stop. I don't blow her off. I don't keep walking. I don't insist 50 times that I've done nothing wrong while I continue to walk. I don't blow off the other officers who show up and warn me to my face that refusing to stop will lead to my arrest.
If this fellow was being interrogated simply because he's black, that's unfortunate. Given the video footage, I don't feel sorry for him. I've been stopped and questioned by police before. I respected they had a job to do. I answered their questions, tipped my hat, and was off.

Show me a video of a black man doing the same thing but being arrested anyway, I'll get angry about it.
Dude...

There's absolutely NO evidence of him doing anything wrong. Zero.

Why do you feel the necessity to suggest or imply that there was? Why not just take his word, AND THE EVIDENCE DEPICTED IN THE VIDEO.

Do you not see the injustice of a black person having to have to answer to the police questioning him for being where he's supposed to be for no other reason than he's black?

The problem with too many white people in this country is that you think the black experience that black people report is simply in our minds.

You do virtual back-flips to justify it and to "get the cops side of the story" as if there HAS to be some logical reason why this discrimination is happening to them, because somehow they MUST have done something to deserve it.

You just don't get it do you? You simply can't.

#SMH

Dude...

There's absolutely NO evidence of him doing anything wrong. Zero.

Why do you feel the necessity to suggest or imply that there was? Why not just take his word, AND THE EVIDENCE DEPICTED IN THE VIDEO.

Do you not see the injustice of a black person having to have to answer to the police questioning him for being where he's supposed to be for no other reason than he's black?

The problem with too many white people in this country is that you think the black experience that black people report is simply in our minds.

You do virtual back-flips to justify it and to "get the cops side of the story" as if there HAS to be some logical reason why this discrimination is happening to them, because somehow they MUST have done something to deserve it.

#SMH
You have to understand the mentality. Look up cognitive dissonance. To whites Blacks should comply with any order given by any white person. Its an outrage if you dont move over on the sidewalk or shuffle your feet and say "yassuh" when spoken to.

I watched a police officer try to bait a 16 year old kid in an alternative school into punching him last week. It was a really fucking impressive display of professionalism.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Dude...

There's absolutely NO evidence of him doing anything wrong.

#SMH
I'll concede that he probably wasn't doing anything. We don't know that, and we don't know this guy from Adam, but let's concede that he's telling the truth.

I still don't feel for the guy, I'm sorry.

If a police officer tells you to stop, I don't care if it's unjust, I don't care if you're Hillary bloody Clinton, you stop. They are the authority. That is their job. Complying with their demands is not your prerogative. You stop.

This guy didn't. He blew them off. He got burned.

Dude...

#SMH
I'll concede that he probably wasn't doing anything. We don't know that, and we don't know this guy from Adam, but let's concede that he's telling the truth.

If a police officer tells you to stop, I don't care if it's unjust, I don't care if you're Hillary bloody Clinton, you stop. They are the authority. That is their job. Complying with their demands is not your prerogative. You stop.

See Mark?

• Thanks
I watched a police officer try to bait a 16 year old kid in an alternative school into punching him last week. It was a really fucking impressive display of professionalism.
So get that on camera and post it here.

Don't give us some guy giving two officers the proverbial "eff you" as he blows them off and demand we feel sorry for the guy.

Dude...

#SMH

If this was a one-off and not part of a systematic treatments of black people in general you might have a point, MIGHT, and even that is highly in question, leaning on still not having a point.

• Love

Dude...

#SMH

See Mark?
Oh yeah, I'm already on it.

Not surprised. Not surprised at all.

• Thanks

Dude...

#SMH

See Mark?
You're assuming I'd say something different if the fellow was white, and you're wrong.

If a police officer tells you to stop, I don't care if it's unjust, I don't care if you're Hillary bloody Clinton, you stop. They are the authority. That is their job. Complying with their demands is not your prerogative. You stop..

No. The job of the police is to enforce the laws and to serve/protect the community. Deference on the part of the policed is not part of the equation. If this man was breaking the law, then the police officers had a role. Otherwise, they are fucking with people purely to provoke a confrontation, and that's not something that any community should tolerate.

Just because a guy in a uniform does it doesn't make it right. Police also have a responsibility to follow the law and to ensure that they do not violate the rights of the people to go about their business unmolested.

Dude...

#SMH

See Mark?
You're assuming I'd say something different if the fellow was white, and you're wrong.
Your assuming I thought that.....and youre wrong. I just know you are conditioned to give cops the benefit of the doubt. Not your fault. You were programmed and it helps to keep you from being stressed out.

• Love
So get that on camera and post it here.

Don't give us some guy giving two officers the proverbial "eff you" as he blows them off and demand we feel sorry for the guy.

Unless they had some reasonable suspicion that he was involved in criminal activity, they had zero reason to engage with him.

• Thanks
My community, in at least some police districts, have FINALLY stopped stop & frisk tactics, and have started focusing on responding to calls for service again. It's about damn time.

• Thanks

Dude...

#SMH

If this was a one-off and not part of a systematic treatments of black people in general you might have a point, MIGHT, and even that is highly in question, leaning on still not having a point.
Well guess what, sir? As evidence, this video is a one-off.

There might well be systematic abuse. In fact, I'm sure of it. You're not proving it here.

The title of the thread should be..."Video shows EXACTLY how cops treated some guy".

But of course race baiting MarcATL turns it into something else.

Forum List

Back