VIDEO: Atheists Confounded as MIT Scientist Offers Proof that God Exists!

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
Not the punitive father figure sitting on a throne meting out punishment for transgressors, but an “Incomprehensible” intelligence that Genesis was attempting to describe to us thousands of years ago.

Gerald Schroeder is a scientist with over thirty years of research and teaching experience. He earned his Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT). His doctorate thesis was supervised by physics professor Robley D. Evans. After five more years teaching in the MIT physics department Schroeder moved to Israel, where he joined the Weizmann Institute of Science. He later joined the Volcani Research Institute and ran a research laboratory at The Hebrew University. He holds Doctorate degrees in both Physics and Earth Sciences.

VIDEO: MIT scientist Gerald Schroeder explains the conclusive scientific discovery of God.

Enjoy... .

I opened this thread expecting some kind of weak and trite version of the First Cause dilemma. Instead, it turns out to be a pathetic apologist version of the First Cause dilemma with underlying grandiose delusions. This guy is saying "I'm a scientist and I don't know what this is, so it must be God."

I opened this thread expecting some kind of weak and trite version of the First Cause dilemma. Instead, it turns out to be a pathetic apologist version of the First Cause dilemma with underlying grandiose delusions. This guy is saying "I'm a scientist and I don't know what this is, so it must be God."
He's kinda the opposite of a scientist then really

I can see why Atheists may be confounded - it's pure bullshit. There is only one entity that could prove the existence of God.

He is using a very old argument: The universe exists therefore it must have been created. It's not proof of anything, It's just a compelling argument that can never be proven one way or another as we cannot see back to before the universe existed. We cannot even see back to the beginning.

Another argument along those lines is that the physical laws are balanced in such a way to permit life to exist, therefore the universe must have been purposely created to allow life to flourish.

Both views assume the universe has a purpose. The only purpose that is evident is to undergo continually accelerating entropy until the universe reaches heat death many billions of years from now.

So who created it all? Allah, Vishnu, Zeuss, or one of the other ones?

List of deities - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

God created it.

You seem to be implying that because God is known through many names and understood from many perspectives that this somehow requires that God does not exist.

I assure you I exist, despite my being known as Son, Dad, Husband, Brother, Uncle, Papa, Boss, Buddy... All of which represent me, from distinct perspectives.

See how that works?

He is using a very old argument: The universe exists therefore it must have been created. It's not proof of anything, It's just a compelling argument that can never be proven one way or another as we cannot see back to before the universe existed. We cannot even see back to the beginning.

Another argument along those lines is that the physical laws are balanced in such a way to permit life to exist, therefore the universe must have been purposely created to allow life to flourish.

Both views assume the universe has a purpose. The only purpose that is evident is to undergo continually accelerating entropy until the universe reaches heat death many billions of years from now.

Gravity is a very old principle... still works perfectly. Momentum, inertia, electromagnetism, entropy, chaos... all very old conditions which have never been subject to antiquity.

In truth, the Universe does exist... and we know that at one point it is not exist. It follows, therefore that it was created.

We do not know the specifics of what it was that created it, but we call what that was: God.

That your subjective needs require that there not be God, is quite irrelevant, given that you exist and as such you stand as evidence of God, who created you.

LOL! Now the reader must have some idea of how that frost that contributors giblets.

And for me... that makes the entire issue... WELL WORTH THE CONSIDERIN' OF IT!

I will send you $1000 Dollars, if you can quote from that video the SPECIFICS uttered by that Scientists, which sustain your 'feelings'.

(Now the reader should know, that having watched that video, I know for an incontrovertible fact, that there is NOTHING in that video which is even remotely close to what that contributor projects... So, don't sweat it, there's no risk here whatsoever.)

Not the punitive father figure sitting on a throne meting out punishment for transgressors, but an “Incomprehensible” intelligence that Genesis was attempting to describe to us thousands of years ago.

Gerald Schroeder is a scientist with over thirty years of research and teaching experience. He earned his Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT). His doctorate thesis was supervised by physics professor Robley D. Evans. After five more years teaching in the MIT physics department Schroeder moved to Israel, where he joined the Weizmann Institute of Science. He later joined the Volcani Research Institute and ran a research laboratory at The Hebrew University. He holds Doctorate degrees in both Physics and Earth Sciences.

VIDEO: MIT scientist Gerald Schroeder explains the conclusive scientific discovery of God.

Enjoy... .

Now you have to convince us this god came here in the form of Jesus and performed magic.

He's kinda the opposite of a scientist then really

LOL!

So science can't be objective?

Scamp, you're referring to "SCIENCE!", which is the subjective farce, deceitfully designed to APPEAR to BE science, but is not and instead conjures up silly notions like "Eugenics", "Global Warming" and "Sexual Abnormality is perfectly normal" (which granted is part and parcel of Eugenics, but it's fun to point out the specific demonstration of "SCIENCE!" idiocy.

Enjoy... .

Now you have to convince us this god came here in the form of Jesus and performed magic.

What Magic did Jesus perform?

And please... be as specific as your intellectual limitations allow.

I will send you $1000 Dollars, if you can quote from that video the SPECIFICS uttered by that Scientists, which sustain your 'feelings'.

(Now the reader should know, that having watched that video, I know for an incontrovertible fact, that there is NOTHING in that video which is even remotely close to what that contributor projects... So, don't sweat it, there's no risk here whatsoever.)
You mean you aren't confounded?

Theists please explain what is so convincing? Whatever created this universe as big as it is all for us? We couldn't even see beyond our solar system until the telescope.

This scientist is forgetting the rules of science. He wants it to be true too much to be unbiased. He's stretching. Like Jim carry in that movie where everything added up to 33.

Gravity is a very old principle... still works perfectly. Momentum, inertia, electromagnetism, entropy, chaos... all very old conditions which have never been subject to antiquity.

In truth, the Universe does exist... and we know that at one point it is not exist. It follows, therefore that it was created.

We do not know the specifics of what it was that created it, but we call what that was: God.

That your subjective needs require that there not be God, is quite irrelevant, given that you exist and as such you stand as evidence of God, who created you.

LOL! Now the reader must have some idea of how that frost that contributors giblets.

And for me... that makes the entire issue... WELL WORTH THE CONSIDERIN' OF IT!
In the context of this argument God can neither be proven or disproved. Some intelligence may have actually caused the universe to come into being in it's current form but there is no way of verifying it. Science takes nothing on faith, yet this "scientist" is using scientific lingo to rationalize his beliefs and give the impression he has made some breakthrough but there are no new arguments. This particular argument comes from antiquity and is still nothing more than a thought experiment until God shows up to explain itself.

Forum List

Back