Video Ads

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
There is some new video you all have added to some pages. It's a video ad and it automatically starts up and is affecting the quality of your website. The banner ads are also kind of slow loading.

Can you do something about creating these things so that they don't upload so slowly and also if we want to hear the video ad, let us play it on our own?

That video started automatically playing again and the site is slowing down.

There is some new video you all have added to some pages. It's a video ad and it automatically starts up and is affecting the quality of your website. The banner ads are also kind of slow loading.

Can you do something about creating these things so that they don't upload so slowly and also if we want to hear the video ad, let us play it on our own?

There are ads here? :) Using Firefox I don't see anything I don't wanna. And if you're able to not using Firefox (as it'd seem if you're seeing ads) try limiting Script Permissions (or something to that effect) so only usmb's url can do so, deny everything else.) Cut my own page load times to one-third.

There are ads here? :) Using Firefox I don't see anything I don't wanna. And if you're able to not using Firefox (as it'd seem if you're seeing ads) try limiting Script Permissions (or something to that effect) so only usmb's url can do so, deny everything else.) Cut my own page load times to one-third.

I've tried FF and Chrome. There are features about both that aren't good. Why would I switch browsers because an ad shows up occasionally?

Last edited:

Same here. Firefox,Ad-blocker...no adze allowed!

05Z96.jpg

05Z96.jpg

I don't mind looking at ads, they want you to look at them here. That one video just starts making noise every so often and I want to know why that is.

I've tried FF and Chrome. There are features about both that aren't good. Why would I switch browsers because an ad shows up occasionally?
YOUR computer is slow because you don't have ad-blocker and your blame the site for the slowness?

You must be blonde! It is YOUR system that is slowing the transmission of ones and zeros back and forth betwixt the two of you. Rather than upload a free ad-blocker, you'd have the site buy another server just for you?

05Z96.jpg

I don't mind looking at ads, they want you to look at them here. That one video just starts making noise every so often and I want to know why that is.
Turn off your sound. Plug your MP3 player into your Bose Entertainment system, crank the volume up 'til your clothes vibrate with the bass notes and don't listen to what your computer SAYS...just READ what it SHOWS YOU...and try to figger out whut the uther guy is sayin'! Ya know whutum sayin'?

Last edited:

05Z96.jpg

Turn off your sound. Plug your MP3 player into your Bose Entertainment system, crank the volume up 'til your clothes vibrate with the bass notes and don't listen to what your computer SAYS...just READ what it SHOWS YOU!

I did that a couple of weeks ago and now the problem has come back. Why don't you take your 1s and 0s and go bug somebody else?

Turn off your sound. Plug your MP3 player into your Bose Entertainment system, crank the volume up 'til your clothes vibrate with the bass notes and don't listen to what your computer SAYS...just READ what it SHOWS YOU!

I did that a couple of weeks ago and now the problem has come back. Why don't you take your 1s and 0s and go bug somebody else?
I wasn't aware I was bugging you...just tryin' to help you out.

Which way did you come in?

I wasn't aware I was bugging you...just tryin' to help you out.

Which way did you come in?

And I appreciate help when it's offered but you seemed pretty angry about it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back