Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Story Highlights

Team did not expect charges against quarterback, general manager says
Michael Vick to appear in court Thursday, same day training camp begins
Falcons had sought 4-game suspension; league told them to hold off
NFL is investigating, told Vick not to report for camp

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/24/vick.falcons/index.html

I think anyone who get's convicted of participating in Dog Fighting should be put to Death. That is a horrible thing to do. They torture and kill the dogs if they don't win.

We also went to the Humaine Society to find another dog for my nieces and nephews as we never buy a dog, we always get them from there and 85% of the dogs were Pitt Bull's it was so sad. I always get depressed when leaving there as I want to take every dog and cat with me. They said most all of the Pitt Bulls were from dog fighting, and it was sad to see the scars on them. I son't see how anyone could do that to a dog, it's just not right.

This piece of shit didn't need the money, I just cant see why he did it. This guy is a real piece of shit. He should also be kicked out of the NFL and not allowed back. Kids look up to these people and if they see them doing something like this they will think it's ok. I hope this guy get's a long time in prison. He should also have to do I think over a thousand hours of community service at the Humaine Society and should be charged large fines and the money goto the Animal Shelters. Everytime I hear about this story I get so angry I could scream. We need to encourage our lawmakers to make stiffer penalties and fines for Dog Fighting and Animal Abuse.

Story Highlights

Protesters, Vick supporters gather outside courthouse
Atlanta Falcons quarterback to make first court appearance since indictment
Vick accused of conspiracy involving dogfighting at his Virginia property
NFL asked team owner to delay decision on suspending Vick

One defense attorney, a lawyer who has worked in the Virginia capital for over 20 years, told CNN's Brian Todd he had never seen such a spectacle.

Vick and three associates were indicted by a federal grand jury last week on charges they conspired to organize bloody and vicious dogfights on a piece of property that Vick bought in 2001. Watch how NFL, Falcons are dealing with Vick situation »

If convicted on both portions of the conspiracy charge, they each could be sentenced to up to six years in prison and fined $350,000, prosecutors said.

Vick is one of pro football's highest-profile and highest-paid players, signing a 10-year, $130 million contract with the Falcons in 2004. He was a standout at Virginia Tech and the first player chosen in the 2001 NFL draft.

In addition to his Falcons contract, he also has endorsement deals with several companies -- one of which, shoe giant Nike, suspended the release of a shoe bearing the quarterback's name.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/26/vic...ing/index.html

It's a surprise to anyone that he is being protested? This guy is a creep and an asshole. Like I said previously this guy should be permanantly banned from playing any pofessional sports and IMO he should get life in prison or die. Six years and $350,000 in fines is not enough. This wont teach him a lesson as $350,000 won't affect him at all. I also bet he get's no prison time. This guy is sick. If he is allowed back in the NFL I will never watch a game he is apart of, will never buy or support a product that he is a part of and probably won't watch another football game since the NFL would let a criminal and a sick man stay in their league just because he is a good player. This makes me sick.

Clearly, the Vick family has produced two enormously talented athletes. But it apparently has also produced two irresponsible, if not criminal, adults. Pathetic. Here's the story on the Virginia Tech football team dismissing Marcus, Michael Vick's younger brother.

Falcons' QB Vick defends his troubled brother

complete article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2306452

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick believes Virginia Tech overreacted when the school dismissed his brother, Marcus, from the football team after he stomped on an opposing player during the Gator Bowl.

Marcus Vick later claimed the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Louisville's Elvis Dumervil, but the All-American defensive end denied receiving an apology.

Michael Vick, who led Virginia Tech to the 1999 national title game as a redshirt freshman, was at the Gator Bowl and saw his brother step on Dumervil.

"Sometimes your emotions just take over," Michael Vick said during halftime Wednesday night of the Atlanta Hawks' game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "I know Marcus. He's not the kind of kid that's going to do something like that on purpose. That's just something he's got to live with, and now it's just time to move on."

Marcus Vick's Gator Bowl antics came after he received a speeding ticket on Dec. 17 in Hampton, Va., for driving with a suspended license.

He had been under a "zero tolerance" policy at Virginia Tech following his suspension from the university for the 2004 season after several legal problems.

Earlier this month, just three days after being kicked off the football team, Vick was arrested and charged with pulling a gun on three teenagers in Virginia.

The 21-year-old is free on $10,000 bond until he makes a March court appearance in Suffolk, Va., to face three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm.

The brothers are living together now in Michael Vick's home in Duluth, Ga.

Forum List

Back