Veteran's Rights and Protection Act

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Somebody asked me what I think should happen to somebody who treats veterans TODAY, the way veterans were treated immediately after the Vietnam war.

This is what I said.

5 years of community service (in the military)... mopping navy decks, after 8 weeks of military style boot camp.

(yes, 8 weeks of military style boot camp, not military training boot camp).

Permanently unranked... No possibility of gaining a rank.

And they are housed in the oldest, longest decommissioned, nastiest barracks that is still around, for low cost purposes.

After 5 years of mopping navy decks, taking out the trash, and washing cars.... they pay a $15,000 fine and then they are Dishonorably discharged, unless they join the Military, and they can only do that if they can prove that their attitude has changed, and that is hard to prove and at the sole discretion of the Navy psychiatrist to determine.

and if they do join the military and are accepted.... they are precluded from going on missions, and they achieve rank much slower than other enlisted personnel.

Last edited:
community service and enslavement are legally different.
Yes, so much so they invented another word for slavery...

we have the right to punish a criminal.

So what crimes are you referring to?

Assault that falls under Hate crimes
Defamation of character
Abuse of our veterans
No such animal.....
When did you serve,,,,never,, I am prognosticating....

community service and enslavement are legally different.

Defamation of character
Abuse of our veterans
No such animal.....

I never served, because I can't... I barely made it as a civilian.
That doesn't mean that I'm not proud to be American and that also doesn't mean that I would rather be something else otherwise.

1) Assault - OK, punish that crime. But don't want 'em in the military - just toss 'em in jail with the other criminals.

2) Defamation of character - is a tort, not a crime. Sue 'em.

3) Abuse of our veterans - see #1

Defamation of character
Abuse of our veterans
No such animal.....

That doesn't mean that I'm not proud to be American and that also doesn't mean that I would rather be something else otherwise.
As a veteran that served after Nam, and was called names,, and sneered by business and society,,, all I can say is....Freedom of speech....

Don't let bums anywhere near our armed forces.

But if you want to punish folks for free speech, forget it.

Defaming our country and our defenses isn't free speech, veterans are a protected group.
Harassment is also not free speech.

The truth of the matter is, onboard an aircraft carrier are easily the smartest group of people in the world, bar none all in 1 place.

Doctors (including surgeons)
Nuclear Physicists
Engineers
Combat Pilots, many of whom will mature into much more evenly flying civilian airline pilots
Trained tacticians
Cooks and people who are by civilian trade equivalent "chefs", who could become chefs.
Electricians
Mechanics
A ship captain, many go on to operate civilian cruise ships.

everything

Then please don't speak on behalf of us vets. You remind me of the assholes who want to ban flag burning.
It should be banned and in most countries it is there should be laws protecting patriotism.
This is what we have in the world, and if somebody wants to offend us, they should face consequences.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back