Veterans Day 2016

I will be in Arlington 10th-13th. Morning of the 11th at the VN Wall as per usual for past 22 years. I will miss the Ia Drang Valley Veterans ceremony at the wall on the 14th because of a can't miss doctor's app't that day in Charlotte.
I'll be thinking of all the Veterans while I'm there.

14mge2o.jpg

I'm seeing several fast food restaurants offering free meals to Veterans on Veterans day. Where were they during the 70's and 80's when Veterans were being spit on? My guess is that two things are happening. The first thing is that the Country is undergoing an era of guilty conscience and the second thing is more insidious. The left wing political trend is to portray Veterans as victims rather than heroes.

We have been getting free eats in Texas for many years, began with Golden Corral.

A few places do it I remember in SLC, too.

For those of you who still have kids under your roof, consider setting an empty seat at the table on the 11th. Let them break bread with a missing warrior. For those of you meeting with fellow Vets on the 11th, remember to hoist a toast of pure water to our missing comrades.

See you on the other side Gary, Mike, Chris, Todd and Ken.

Celebrate the heroism of about a million fallen Veterans who saved America's DNA as well as most of the world and stop freaking crying over it.

500 high school choir students sing the U.S. National anthem in a high-rise hotel. Each night before curfew, they gather on their balconies to sing the Star-Spangled Banner from the balconies of the 18-story atrium at Louisville’s downtown Hyatt Regency as part of the Kentucky Music Educators convention. You can’t help it but get goose bumps when you hear them sing.

"However what I do over here is only a small percent of what keeps our country great. I think the truth to our greatness is each other. Purity, morals and kindness, passed down to each generation through example. So to all my family and friends, do me a favor and pass on the kindness, the love, the precious gift of human life to each other so that when your
children come into contact with a great conflict that we are now faced with here in Iraq, that they are people of humanity, of pure motives, of compassion.

This is our real part to keep America free! HAPPY 4th Love Ya

Marc Lee"

Marc Lee was the first SEAL KIA in OIF, posthumously awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star with a V and A Purple heart...some words to live by...

Forum List

Back