Very Cool County by County map of COVID

I use Wunderground for my weather because they are the ONLY sight that thinks Americans are smart enough to handle barometric pressures, dew points, etc.. Their mapping and forecasting is the best..

They've been teasing me with the daily COVID numbers in my county.. Finally clicked on the map and found this wonderful display of Covid in America... Just browsing sea to sea at the county level puts a lot of this USMB debate furor into perspective...

So that big metro dwelling city slickers understand WHY some people still want to run their businesses and go to church.. It's amazing to see the "bubbles" and how they affect the counties around them... I think its a form of info that HELPS the debate about "one size fits all" authoritarian response vs "state level" judgements..

This is fun as well....projective modeling breakdowns from state to local areas.

My only problem with the USA map there is that "REDUCED" (orange) includes states that have a BARELY A TRACE of deaths or rising infections.. This is what I meant by "Lying with pseudocolor graphs above.. The color scheme and divisions just HIDE a lot of the actual data..

Inside the STATE -- they do pretty well with the numbers UNTIL you get to PROJECTIONS.. Everyones projections on Covid epidemic have sucked and continue to suck...
Yeah..I get that....Idaho's infection rate is .94%--infections are going down...Statewide there are 5 people in ICU because of Covid---so wtf?

I think the low populations in these states skews the model these people are using--and the low density is not accounted for.

Now there are some states that have issues..like Texas and Florida. This is a non-peer reviewed list of what states are considered 'uncontrolled outbreak' status--take is for what it is worth..but i found this comment about Tampa Bay a bit chilling...the virus is in their wastewater?

Florida
The state has 50,127 confirmed cases and 2,233 deaths as of May 25th. "Here in Miami-Dade, they've been doing some studies of the saltwater on the beaches to make sure they're not contaminated," said Dr. Aileen Marty, an infectious disease expert at Florida International University, told Tampa Bay 10. "Our wastewater is chock-full of the virus."

Ted Nugent knocks it out of the park:
“Why do I have to stay home just because are scared? How about stay home.... stay in house indefinitely, wear a mask, socially distance yourself from me, avoid restaurants, avoid baseball games, stay off the roads, avoid malls and beaches and parks, believe the made up death numbers, believe the media hype, get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal,
I'm done playing dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to because are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of , it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.
fear is not an excuse to destroy America. fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country.”

Kind of "know" my first covid death.

In my county we have 145 cases (most fully recovered and no longer contagious) with 3 deaths. I "know" one of them.

Stopped at Dollar General yesterday. The guy behind the counter disappeared for about a month. He's a young guy and lives at home. I asked why he was gone. I was gonna make a joke, but fortunately I didn't.

He said his parents got the virus and his mom recovered but his dad died. He was in real quarantine for awhile but they said he never got the virus.

It does make it kinda real, but it changes nothing.

“Why do I have to stay home just because are scared? How about stay home.... stay in house indefinitely, wear a mask, socially distance yourself from me, avoid restaurants, avoid baseball games, stay off the roads, avoid malls and beaches and parks, believe the made up death numbers, believe the media hype, get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal,
I'm done playing dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to because are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of , it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.
fear is not an excuse to destroy America. fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country.”
Dude you need to wake the fuck up and smell not coffee but COVID-19.
More Americans died in 3 months than American soldiers died in Vietnam during 10 years of war.
You need to wake up dude, this shit is real.

Dude you need to wake the fuck up and smell not coffee but COVID-19.
More Americans died in 3 months than American soldiers died in Vietnam during 10 years of war.
Yawn when the media stops lying I will listen

Wisconsin has had 550 deaths they're trying to attribute to covid. Lest us know when there's a real problem

Dude you need to wake the **** up and smell not coffee but COVID-19.

You talk like a boy, vulgar and childish and cowardly.
In 1969, far more Americans died of the flu on a much smaller population basis and nobody went berserk as you and Leftists are doing now. Stay in your little room for a year, please.
Safe Space has expanded exponentially.

1 month later:

The governors of New York and New Jersey said on Monday that they were so alarmed by a surge in coronavirus cases in the South and West that they were reconsidering plans to allow indoor dining in the two states in the coming days.
Gov. Philip D. Murphy of New Jersey said that plans to allow indoor dining to resume on Thursday would be postponed “indefinitely.”
“We have seen spikes in other states driven in part by the return of patrons to indoor dining establishments, where they are seated and without face coverings for significant periods of time,” Mr. Murphy said. “We do not wish to see New Jersey experience a similar spike.”

Only a few weeks ago, thousands of Southern Californians were flocking to beaches, Disneyland was announcing it would soon reopen and Whoopi Goldberg was lauding Gov. Gavin Newsom on “The View” for the state’s progress in combating the coronavirus. The worst, many in California thought, was behind them.

In fact, an alarming surge in cases up and down the state was only just beginning.
Over the past week California’s case count has exploded, surpassing 200,000 known infections, and forcing Mr. Newsom to roll back the state’s reopening in some counties. On Monday, he said the number of people hospitalized in California had risen 43 percent over the past two weeks.

Los Angeles County, which has been averaging more than 2,000 new cases each day, surpassed 100,000 total cases on Monday, with the virus actively infecting one in every 140 people, according to local health officials. More than 2,800 cases were announced in the county on Monday, the most of any day during the pandemic.

Last edited:
1 month later:

The governors of New York and New Jersey said on Monday that they were so alarmed by a surge in coronavirus cases in the South and West that they were reconsidering plans to allow indoor dining in the two states in the coming days.
Gov. Philip D. Murphy of New Jersey said that plans to allow indoor dining to resume on Thursday would be postponed “indefinitely.”
“We have seen spikes in other states driven in part by the return of patrons to indoor dining establishments, where they are seated and without face coverings for significant periods of time,” Mr. Murphy said. “We do not wish to see New Jersey experience a similar spike.”

Only a few weeks ago, thousands of Southern Californians were flocking to beaches, Disneyland was announcing it would soon reopen and Whoopi Goldberg was lauding Gov. Gavin Newsom on “The View” for the state’s progress in combating the coronavirus. The worst, many in California thought, was behind them.

In fact, an alarming surge in cases up and down the state was only just beginning.
Over the past week California’s case count has exploded, surpassing 200,000 known infections, and forcing Mr. Newsom to roll back the state’s reopening in some counties. On Monday, he said the number of people hospitalized in California had risen 43 percent over the past two weeks.

Los Angeles County, which has been averaging more than 2,000 new cases each day, surpassed 100,000 total cases on Monday, with the virus actively infecting one in every 140 people, according to local health officials. More than 2,800 cases were announced in the county on Monday, the most of any day during the pandemic.
Great job Leftards!
Cleaning up America, one Democrat voter at a time.
15396B81-E2CA-42C9-A412-4DFB5467CAD1.jpeg
D6C5D6DD-A056-4A3E-8EDA-5637692AAB15.jpeg
F041CCCE-BB09-47A9-B8ED-1DDC2890CD91.jpeg

Dude you need to wake the fuck up and smell not coffee but COVID-19. More Americans died in 3 months than American soldiers died in Vietnam during 10 years of war. You need to wake up dude, this shit is real.
Talk radio says it's overblown, so forget that. Plus, it involves science, and that's fake news.

I wish I were kidding, truly.
Fuck you and your science political agenda

Dude you need to wake the fuck up and smell not coffee but COVID-19. More Americans died in 3 months than American soldiers died in Vietnam during 10 years of war. You need to wake up dude, this shit is real.
Talk radio says it's overblown, so forget that. Plus, it involves science, and that's fake news.

Leftard ‘science’
216BE9E3-D7C8-4973-A3EC-FE2B3812F2E0.jpeg
7F06DA57-6C7A-4D66-9351-68A9502CDB01.jpeg

Leftard ‘science’
View attachment 357186View attachment 357188
The funniest part is that you're communicating on something that was created using "science" and "math". A "computer".

Kind of like the talk "radio" shows and "internet" websites that tell how you to think.

Leftard ‘science’
View attachment 357186View attachment 357188
The funniest part is that you're communicating on something that was created using "science" and "math". A "computer".

Kind of like the talk "radio" shows and "internet" websites that tell how you to think.
Ah! A computer model! We must do what HAL says to do!
13 people is dangerous but 100 is OK if you’re protesting!

What a stupid sheeple.

Deaths by day.jpg

I added the green trend line. PANIC ! ! ! PANIC ! ! !
The survival rate is over 99%! OMG. You have much less than a 1% chance of dying IF you contract it. IF.

Now there are some states that have issues..like Texas and Florida. This is a non-peer reviewed list of what states are considered 'uncontrolled outbreak' status--take is for what it is worth..but i found this comment about Tampa Bay a bit chilling...the virus is in their wastewater?

Florida
The state has 50,127 confirmed cases and 2,233 deaths as of May 25th. "Here in Miami-Dade, they've been doing some studies of the saltwater on the beaches to make sure they're not contaminated," said Dr. Aileen Marty, an infectious disease expert at Florida International University, told Tampa Bay 10. "Our wastewater is chock-full of the virus."

It's long known the virus attacks not just the lungs but quite a variety of tissues, including the gastro-intestinal tract. And yes, the infected are defecating virus. Hence testing waste water is a good way to test for the presence of the virus in communities.

View attachment 357364

I added the green trend line. PANIC ! ! ! PANIC ! ! !
The survival rate is over 99%! OMG. You have much less than a 1% chance of dying IF you contract it. IF.
OK. Fair enough. I'd point out that the huge spike currently underway in many places has just started..and any deaths..hopefully as few as you expect..would not yet show up in the stats. Usually patients that die from the virus do so after a couple of weeks of illness...revisit this in August for a true picture.

OK. Fair enough. I'd point out that the huge spike currently underway in many places has just started..and any deaths..hopefully as few as you expect..would not yet show up in the stats. Usually patients that die from the virus do so after a couple of weeks of illness...revisit this in August for a true picture.

The current surge in cases started about 20 days ago, so we're going to be made to behold the uptake shortly. ICU beds are nearing capacity in several regions now already. Moreover, in case we're going to see 100k new infections a day, as Dr. Fauci hints we will, hospital systems pretty much around the country will be overwhelmed, proper care no longer possible. That's when patients are going to die needlessly, and at a vastly increased rate, and hospital staff as well. On top of that, the political will for another lock-down is probably absent, pretty much everywhere, which means the available instruments to control the spread are weaker, and less effective.

But hey, I have heard painting green lines with a downward trajectory on graphs alleviates all that. Greatly.

Forum List

Back