Very Cool County by County map of COVID

I use Wunderground for my weather because they are the ONLY sight that thinks Americans are smart enough to handle barometric pressures, dew points, etc.. Their mapping and forecasting is the best..

They've been teasing me with the daily COVID numbers in my county.. Finally clicked on the map and found this wonderful display of Covid in America... Just browsing sea to sea at the county level puts a lot of this USMB debate furor into perspective...

So that big metro dwelling city slickers understand WHY some people still want to run their businesses and go to church.. It's amazing to see the "bubbles" and how they affect the counties around them... I think its a form of info that HELPS the debate about "one size fits all" authoritarian response vs "state level" judgements..

Great...Boston is a hot mess!
You ain’t in Boston Brookline boy .. you want to claim Boston move in

Yeah, it has been for a long time. I grew up in Charlestown. Sometimes I miss it, but I really don't. I moved away for a reason.
Oh wow. Where did you move to? I live in Brookline.

I moved from there down to York County, South Carolina, where I worked in Uptown Charlotte for six years before I moved out to Las Vegas in 2013.
The weather is much nicer and cost of living is considerably lower. Congratulations.

Yeah, it has been for a long time. I grew up in Charlestown. Sometimes I miss it, but I really don't. I moved away for a reason.
Nice what years? I worked at the Harvard Kent for a little while
1587413433973.png

Nice what years? I worked at the Harvard Kent for a little while
View attachment 325856
Lol I was! It was though my high school I was a janitor. 1997.. good guess stalker
That is awesome! JoeB works in HR. I am great at guessing people's jobs. Playtime is an unemployed drunk.

I use Wunderground for my weather because they are the ONLY sight that thinks Americans are smart enough to handle barometric pressures, dew points, etc.. Their mapping and forecasting is the best..

They've been teasing me with the daily COVID numbers in my county.. Finally clicked on the map and found this wonderful display of Covid in America... Just browsing sea to sea at the county level puts a lot of this USMB debate furor into perspective...

So that big metro dwelling city slickers understand WHY some people still want to run their businesses and go to church.. It's amazing to see the "bubbles" and how they affect the counties around them... I think its a form of info that HELPS the debate about "one size fits all" authoritarian response vs "state level" judgements..

Excellent visual how God is cleaning up Dem controlled regions.

These idiots know nothing even when you tell them show them etc......

NEW STUDY WARNS UP TO 70% OF AMERICANS WILL EVENTUALLY CATCH COVID-19 AND THE PANDEMIC COULD LAST 2 YEARS
What if CIDRAP is correct and this pandemic stretches all the way into 2022?

These idiots know nothing even when you tell them show them etc......

NEW STUDY WARNS UP TO 70% OF AMERICANS WILL EVENTUALLY CATCH COVID-19 AND THE PANDEMIC COULD LAST 2 YEARS
What if CIDRAP is correct and this pandemic stretches all the way into 2022?
Actually, nothing much. The Chinese virus would become part of the background of diseases that surround us all the time. We still have the Spanish flu, the Hong Kong flu, swine flu, hantavirus, SARS. MERS, Legionnaires disease, MERSA, HIV, TB and many more. There is no cure nor vaccine. We live with them and sometimes die with them

I lived in Charlestown, very small and congested, not that different from south Boston but smaller.
The north-end is worse, it's even smaller.
too many people in a small space.
Oh yeah. North End is snug at best. Great in the summer though.

even some of the counties out in the western portion of the country that have been colored red as high counts of CV-19 are such massively large counties that even their color is a bit misleading as to the reality.

even some of the counties out in the western portion of the country that have been colored red as high counts of CV-19 are such massively large counties that even their color is a bit misleading as to the reality.

Pseudo coloring ANYTHING is the best way to "lie" about data or statistics.. Because you're arbitrarily really quoting the numbers out of context if you JUICE the colors..

:2up: Ought to be law... Like use quartiles only. Or a uniform set of 10 colors for percentage breaks..

This is fun as well....projective modeling breakdowns from state to local areas.

This is fun as well....projective modeling breakdowns from state to local areas.

My only problem with the USA map there is that "REDUCED" (orange) includes states that have a BARELY A TRACE of deaths or rising infections.. This is what I meant by "Lying with pseudocolor graphs above.. The color scheme and divisions just HIDE a lot of the actual data..

Inside the STATE -- they do pretty well with the numbers UNTIL you get to PROJECTIONS.. Everyones projections on Covid epidemic have sucked and continue to suck...

Forum List

Back