Vernon Jones quits Georgia governor bid to run for Congress

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Vernon Jones, a Democrat who switched parties as part of full-throated backing of the former president, said Monday that he will run for Congress instead.

“Vernon Jones is a conservative patriot who cares deeply about Georgia,” Perdue wrote in a tweet. "We need his voice and we need him in the fight. I’m proud to have his support."

Cody Hall, a spokesperson for Kemp, attacked Jones' endorsement as worthless, citing allegations that Jones had raped a woman in 2004, which Jones hotly denied, with charges later being dropped. Hall also attacked Jones on other grounds, including voting against a bill restricting abortion.

“Vernon’s support for Perdue makes sense — both have a history of paying lip service to the America First movement and putting their own egos and wallets ahead of what’s best for the people of Georgia,” Hall said.

“I look for an endorsement, and I think Vernon will make a great congressman,” Dooley said. “Trump takes care of those who are loyal to him.”

It is sad to see Vernon Jones reduced to a boot licking, lap dog flunky.

He is just another anti-American supporter of Trump and the big lie, and was one of the speaker at the rally that sparked the attack on the Capital. He ought to be in jail, not the campaign trail.

Vernon doesn't want to be associated with that stuttering shit clown.... and who could blame him for that?

biden pedo.jpg

Vernon Jones, a Democrat who switched parties as part of full-throated backing of the former president, said Monday that he will run for Congress instead.

“Vernon Jones is a conservative patriot who cares deeply about Georgia,” Perdue wrote in a tweet. "We need his voice and we need him in the fight. I’m proud to have his support."

Cody Hall, a spokesperson for Kemp, attacked Jones' endorsement as worthless, citing allegations that Jones had raped a woman in 2004, which Jones hotly denied, with charges later being dropped. Hall also attacked Jones on other grounds, including voting against a bill restricting abortion.

“Vernon’s support for Perdue makes sense — both have a history of paying lip service to the America First movement and putting their own egos and wallets ahead of what’s best for the people of Georgia,” Hall said.

“I look for an endorsement, and I think Vernon will make a great congressman,” Dooley said. “Trump takes care of those who are loyal to him.”

It is sad to see Vernon Jones reduced to a boot licking, lap dog flunky.
Wasn't Vernon firmly atatched to Bill Clinton's cigar stained cock for decades

He is just an opportunist and a lap dog flunky.
Bingo. I was thinking of him exactly as an opportunist right after I posted, but you nabbed it. The other thing that occurred to me (though I am not committed to a party, but he was) was that Jones was a traitor to the Democrats he had served and that had repeatedly elected him. Not surprising he would participate at the insurrection rally and support being a traitor to his country. I suspect he viewed it as another opportunity.

Forum List

Back