Verizon Tells Strikers "Keep it up and we will stop paying your benefits"

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Verizon threatens to stop paying worker healthcare benefits - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Verizon said it plans to stop paying for striking workers' healthcare coverage if they fail to return to work at the end of the month as the work stoppage entered day 11 on Wednesday.

"If our striking employees aren't serving our customers, our customers shouldn't be expected to pay their benefits," Verizon spokesman Ed McFadden told The Hill. "That's basically our philosophy on why we sent the letters out. It's our customers who pay their benefits."

Why would they be paying for them at any point if they aren't doing their job?

I called the local radio host who said it was dispicible for verizon to do this and asked him the same question.

He said "because verizon makes billions every year and can afford it"

:eusa_eh:

Verizon can pay for health insurance for workers who aren't working ????

This radio host isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...

I called the local radio host who said it was dispicible for verizon to do this and asked him the same question.

Thats what I was thinking. I was dumbfounded and just hung up, lol. I knew right then and there he wasn't going to be reasonable.

Thats what I was thinking. I was dumbfounded and just hung up, lol. I knew right then and there he wasn't going to be reasonable.

Probably the best thing to do when dealing with someone that stupid...

Fire them all and hire some people who are unemployed. It will be cheaper in the long run to train people who are not unionized. Let those losers stay with their unions unemployed!!

Why isn't the union into which the Striking Workers pay dues covering them for their benefits during a strike?

Aren't unions supposed to have Strike Funds?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back