Venezuelan Navy Attacks Cruise ship and loses

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
While the Resolute was consulting with the home office, the Venezuelan Navy vessel allegedly fired shots and then purposely collided with the Resolute's starboard side. The ramming was repeateded, the firm said, until the Venezuelan vessel encountered Resolute's hardened bulbous bow and sustained severe damage. Resolute did not suffer any harm affecting her seaworthiness, and after contacting maritime rescue authorities in Curacao, she waited on scene for one hour, her operator said. After MRCC Curacao released her from the scene, she got under way for Willemstad.
Took place in international waters......talk about strange. Wonder what the purpose was.....too bad they didnt succeed, maybe someone would rescue the Venezuelan people form their govt

That entire country is a rogue menace to South America. Their desperation and wretched living conditions only exacerbate their madness.

They do have great music and great food LOL....they really do ....:biggrin:

but I digress .... sorry lol

Resolute stats:
Tonnage:
Length:124.8 m (409 ft 5 in)
Beam:18.00 m (59 ft 1 in)
Draft:4.9 m (16 ft 1 in)
Ice class:1A Super

Nimitz class aircraft carrier
Type:Aircraft carrier
Displacement:100,000 to 104,600 long tons (101,600–106,300 t)[1]
Length:
  • Overall: 1,092 feet (332.8 m)
  • Waterline: 1,040 feet (317.0 m)
Beam:
  • Overall: 252 ft (76.8 m)
  • Waterline: 134 ft (40.8 m)
Draft:
  • Maximum navigational: 37 feet (11.3 m)
  • Limit: 41 feet (12.5 m)

Venezuelan patrol boat Naiguata
displacement: 1,500 tonne
length: 80-meter

In short, the Venezuelan captain must be suffering from some sort of mental disorder.

I just saw through a friend of friend's post on FB, with an actual clip of the Helicopters on the border. . . this post;

"Helicopters were filmed airdropping hundreds of US troops on the border of Colombia and Venezuela, while a Portugal flagged ship breached Venezuelan waters, refused orders to leave and then rammed into and sank a Venezuelan navy ship.
Get ready for the war."

I saw the footage of the Helicopters over the border, (I am unable to copy or transfer that video,) but. . . no one in the thread could in fact confirm the identification of which nation they came from. . .
Here are a few stills I managed to save. .
snapshot2.jpg
snapshot.jpg

Others felt that since the operation was taking place in broad daylight, that it was in fact a distraction, and that troops would be brought in at a separate location by sub. .

:dunno:

Just an update.

. . I'm guessing the mission failed.

"Venezuelan minister of communication, Jorge Rodríguez, reported this Monday that, in the operations to receive Venezuelan migrants returning to the country through the border between Colombia and Venezuela, three alleged paramilitaries and one of the mercenaries working with Cliver Alcala Cordones under American orders were detected and detained. He indicated that they tried to enter through San Antonio del Táchira, “trying to sneak in with the migrants.” More information about them will be released this Tuesday, including their names and the groups to which they belong. . . . "

Resolute stats:
Tonnage:
Length:124.8 m (409 ft 5 in)
Beam:18.00 m (59 ft 1 in)
Draft:4.9 m (16 ft 1 in)
Ice class:1A Super

Nimitz class aircraft carrier
Type:Aircraft carrier
Displacement:100,000 to 104,600 long tons (101,600–106,300 t)[1]
Length:
  • Overall: 1,092 feet (332.8 m)
  • Waterline: 1,040 feet (317.0 m)
Beam:
  • Overall: 252 ft (76.8 m)
  • Waterline: 134 ft (40.8 m)
Draft:
  • Maximum navigational: 37 feet (11.3 m)
  • Limit: 41 feet (12.5 m)

Venezuelan patrol boat Naiguata
displacement: 1,500 tonne
length: 80-meter

In short, the Venezuelan captain must be suffering from some sort of mental disorder.

“Venezuelan captain must be suffering from some sort of mental disorder.”

TDS?

"Helicopters were filmed airdropping hundreds of US troops on the border of Colombia and Venezuela, while a Portugal flagged ship breached Venezuelan waters, refused orders to leave and then rammed into and sank a Venezuelan navy ship.
Get ready for the war."

I saw the footage of the Helicopters over the border, (I am unable to copy or transfer that video,) but. . . no one in the thread could in fact confirm the identification of which nation they came from. . .
Here are a few stills I managed to save. .
View attachment 321124View attachment 321125

Sorry, am calling "Coprolite" on this. The Army has not used black boots in 15 years now. And that appears to be the "Army Combat Shirt", which is only worn under body armor. Which this individuals does not even seem to be wearing.

However, both the military and many police agencies in Columbia use US equipment, including uniforms. More than likely this is Columbia doing some kind of border operation. After all, they have been having problems with drugs as well as refugees from Venezuela.

This is the problem with simply accepting what somebody says without actually bothering to do any kind of research.

And the term is "Helo Dropping", or "Vertical Envelopment, not "Air Dropping". That means they were dropped by parachutes. Seems like your source is not even aware of the minimum things about the military, and is just making things up.

And yea, the Orinoco Tribune. About as accurate as Press TV. Essentially they repeat what comes from the approved news sources in Venezuela, which are all under Government control.

For people that want more Pro-Marxist Propaganda with their Pro-Marxist Propaganda. But funny, no mention of the government suggesting people eat their pets anywhere in there.

What are doing those hundreds of US troops between Colombian and Venezuelan frontiers?

Who sent them over there? Who gave the order... president Trump... the US Congress?

Forum List

Back