Vehicles..........new, used, and other...........

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I drove passed the local Chevy dealer last week. There were about 20 new vehicles on their lot.
They usually have 200 vehicles on their front lot.

For a second I thought they were closing down.......then I remembered what piece of shit is in the White House.

I've never understood how automakers can produce SO many vehicles and sell them all! I mean.......WHO THE FUCK can afford to constantly and consistently buy new vehicles every year?????

Now I understand companies buy vehicles for company uses, and car rental places buy vehicles to rent.........but those are usually special orders and don't ever sit on a car lot.

Who the fuck buys all these hundreds of thousands of vehicles every year? I don't get it. I can barely fucking afford a clunker!! I sure as hell can't afford a new fucking vehicle every year!

WHO buys these things? WHY? HOW????

1653611126624.png

And what is it with used vehicles??
They are just as expensive as brand new ones!!! Why the fuck is that allowed???

And I live in an area that is HEAVY with car lots, and yet I've seen the SAME vehicles on these lots for the past two years or more!! You cannot tell me that used cars are in hot demand!! I don't see it.

1653611325758.png

The used cars are actually selling very rapidly off those lots. I have had many sold out from under me while trying to get a better deal. The ones I sold in the past year sell very fast.

Wife has been looking for a car for about 4 months.

At our age, and as little as we drive, no sense in buying new.

But the prices of used are ridiculous, and that's providing you can even find one worth looking at.

I drove passed the local Chevy dealer last week. There were about 20 new vehicles on their lot.

For a second I thought they were closing down.......then I remembered what piece of shit is in the White House.

I've never understood how automakers can produce SO many vehicles and sell them all! I mean.......WHO THE FUCK can afford to constantly and consistently buy new vehicles every year?????

Now I understand companies buy vehicles for company uses, and car rental places buy vehicles to rent.........but those are usually special orders and don't ever sit on a car lot.

Who the fuck buys all these hundreds of thousands of vehicles every year? I don't get it. I can barely fucking afford a clunker!! I sure as hell can't afford a new fucking vehicle every year!

View attachment 650223

And I live in an area that is HEAVY with car lots, and yet I've seen the SAME vehicles on these lots for the past two years or more!! You cannot tell me that used cars are in hot demand!! I don't see it.

View attachment 650224
1653612621071.png

10 year auto loans...

We are going the other way.

Mrs. Mo just got an '82 K20 4wd with a carbureted 350 a few months ago.

I'm still driving the Blue Beast '89 F150 with an EFI 302 that I've been driving since 1999.

I bought 74 F-100 Uncle Jessie special with a carburated 302 and a C6 transmission that is FAR superior to the AOD transmission in the '89.

AND the '68 Volkswagon that I tow as a drop car when I go canoeing.

Have $5700 total in all four...almost half of that in Mrs. Mo's 4x4.

I figure I can keep these going for the rest if my life.

Wife has been looking for a car for about 4 months.

At our age, and as little as we drive, no sense in buying new.

But the prices of used are ridiculous, and that's providing you can even find one worth looking at.

I'll sell you my 2016 Tundra for 40K. Thats only 2k more than I paid new.
It only has 11600K miles and it has 20k in custom tires and rims. Also has TRD sway bars front and rear,along with regeared front and rear axles.
Has a four inch lift and TRD cold intake as well.

The fuckin stealership wants to give me 28k.
I called em back and laughed at em.

10 year auto loans...

We are going the other way.

Mrs. Mo just got an '82 K20 4wd with a carbureted 350 a few months ago.

I'm still driving the Blue Beast '89 F150 with an EFI 302 that I've been driving since 1999.

I bought 74 F-100 Uncle Jessie special with a carburated 302 and a C6 transmission that is FAR superior to the AOD transmission in the '89.

AND the '68 Volkswagon that I tow as a drop car when I go canoeing.

Have $5700 total in all four...almost half of that in Mrs. Mo's 4x4.

I figure I can keep these going for the rest if my life.

Yep...
We always pay within four years with zero interest.
We frequently make double payments just to end the payment bullshit.

View attachment 650223

View attachment 650224
Dropped a zero-miles reman engine in my car because I saw the ghastly prices of low-mileage used cars.

I'll add little body work and fresh paint, and will still save thousands.

There is definitely a shortage of new cars, caused mainly by a shortage of computer chips. Some cars are even being delivered without features, pending receipt of sufficient chips of the right type.

I have always wondered how they unload the high end cars, SUV's and especially the loaded up trucks. Long term financing seems to be a major factor, but I can't imagine being willfully under water for many years after you buy a car. Leasing is also a big factor, I suppose.

I just purchased a '19 Jetta GLI for about what the original buyer probably paid for it. I thought it was justified partly because VW put a 6 year warranty on them in '19.

Carvana. No problems. Got a good price for my trade and the cash difference was acceptable.

In late 2018 I bought a 2012 Caravan for 7000. The oils were clean so I assumed the transmission filter had also been changed. but 40k miles later the filter clogged with metallic substance & stopped. I changed filter & oil & it worked again, but decided to replace the van incase it was going to fail. So I bought a 2014 Caravan in Nov 2020 for $8200, Sold the 2012 Caravan that it replaced in Feb 2021 for $8900, Got hit & totaled the 2014 Caravan in Aug 2021 Insurance paid $15900, Bought a 2016 Town & Country for $14700 in Sept 2021.

So, yes I've experienced prices climbing & used vehicles sell fast off the lot, at home & online.

Trucks got so expensive that I just kept my 2000 GMC Sierra & replaced all the brake lines with stainless, hoses, pads, calipers, fuel tank straps, spring spacer, door hinge, lock, seat console, welded frame & slapped on fender flares to hide the rust. I spent over $600 & a weeks work, but now runs & drives like new again.

Last edited:
KissMy, you seem to use the same philosophy I have in the past: buy cars that Consumer Reports hates, and get them cheap.

Trucks seem to last forever if you take care of them, but I HATE rust, just like body men hate rust. As soon as rust is visible I get rid of the car. Fortunately I have not seen any in many years

KissMy, you seem to use the same philosophy I have in the past: buy cars that Consumer Reports hates, and get them cheap.

Trucks seem to last forever if you take care of them, but I HATE rust, just like body men hate rust. As soon as rust is visible I get rid of the car. Fortunately I have not seen any in many years

Thank God we dont have to deal with rust down here in Texas.
Even living on the coast we dont have a problem with excessive rust.

There is definitely a shortage of new cars, caused mainly by a shortage of computer chips. Some cars are even being delivered without features, pending receipt of sufficient chips of the right type.

I have always wondered how they unload the high end cars, SUV's and especially the loaded up trucks. Long term financing seems to be a major factor, but I can't imagine being willfully under water for many years after you buy a car. Leasing is also a big factor, I suppose.

I just purchased a '19 Jetta GLI for about what the original buyer probably paid for it. I thought it was justified partly because VW put a 6 year warranty on them in '19.

Carvana. No problems. Got a good price for my trade and the cash difference was acceptable.
Many of the ridiculous-priced vehicles are leased.

Forum List

Back