Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
mmm stroganoff!

Vegetarian beef stroganoff using impossible meat

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

This was sooo Good. Sharing for other vegetarians,

The link shows a picture of the dish but offers no recipe nor explain what the heck "impossible meat" is!

I make my own Greek Yogurt. Strained for a day or so, and pumped with probiotics I have found that a relatively small amount, with some fruit, nuts, maybe a squeeze of raw honey, is extremely filling and keeps me good for most of the day.

Pretty much my breakfast most days.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I think that counts as a vegetarian meal. People would be shocked at how simple it is to make the yogurt and how much better it is than the store bought crap. YMMV.

mmm stroganoff!

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

That fake meat is disgusting.

I have been whole food plant based for better than 8 months and feel no need to eat fake food
am I not allowed to have a vegetarian to share vegetarian recipes then ?

mmm stroganoff!

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

I have been whole food plant based for better than 8 months and feel no need to eat fake food

Just telling you it's fake food.

I don't understand the need to have vegan substitutes for meat that are just as highly processed as a Twinkie.

mmm stroganoff!

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

I don't understand the need to have vegan substitutes for meat that are just as highly processed as a Twinkie.
Do you want to know why for myself or are you just commenting?

mmm stroganoff!

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

There are a few common reasons people decide to go vegetarian or vegan.

If it's for health then this fake meat is really no different than hamburger in fat content.

So replacing 5 burgers a week with 5 fake meat burgers won't do anything for your health.

For some it's an ethical decision and people don't want to subject animals to the suffering of factory farming. If that's the sole reason then I guess you can eat this stuff and feel good that you didn't kill anything.

For me it was both and ethical and a health choice and a wanting to get back to natural whole foods hence I won't touch this highly processed fake meat with a 10 foot fork

Which category are you?

mmm stroganoff!

d27o3wbi4mq51.jpg

There are a few common reasons people decide to go vegetarian or vegan.

If it's for health then this fake meat is really no different than hamburger in fat content.

So replacing 5 burgers a week with 5 fake meat burgers won't do anything for your health.

For some it's an ethical decision and people don't want to subject animals to the suffering of factory farming. If that's the sole reason then I guess you can eat this stuff and feel good that you didn't kill anything.

For me it was both and ethical and a health choice and a wanting to get back to natural whole foods hence I won't touch this highly processed fake meat with a 10 foot fork

Which category are you?
I am for both those reasons and as a junk food junkie, this is a helpful alternative. My doctor approved. Anyway good for you that's awesome. :)

Thanks for this thread, drifter! I love trying new vegan recipes, and there are tons of awesome vegan recipe channels on YouTube, so you can find pretty much anything.

I've posted this before, but I made a little recipe video, for tofu scramble breakfast tacos. Might as well share it here, lol.

Forum List

Back