Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas-employer-obama-won-so-i-fired-22-employees/

Last edited:
I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

We're just a small business but we've been putting off hiring three until the election, now we won't be taking them on.

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

didn't Nevada go to obama?

Yes. The purge of non-essential employees - especially those who look like they might have voted for Obama, will continue in earnest.

Of course, me and all the boys at the club fired all such employees a very long time ago, except those who do the kitchen work and such.

As long as leftists are in power, please outsource whenever possible.

When the small business employers ask me what to tell their employees when they are let go, I tell them to ask if that employee voted for obama. If so, what did they expect. Everyone knew this was going to happen. It's not like it was some secret. Boeing is reducing its workforce by 30%, lower than the 2010 levels. Compared to this, 22 lost jobs is small.

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

Why would they sue?
The employee told them that the logical rational business consequence of Obama and Obamacare would be raising the costs of doing business.
Choices of meeting Obamacare costs and the entire anti-business mentality of Obama administration means businesses are having to make decisions.
Do I keep my current employees if doing so raises my health care premiums? Or Do I make a business decision I need MORE equipment that doesn't need health insurance and do more with less employees?

That simple! More and more businesses are looking at studies like this:
"The result ObamaCare which today McKinsey & Company commissioned a survey of 1,329 U.S. private sector employers to measure their attitudes about healthcare reform concluded that 30% of all companies would stop providing health coverage once Obamacare kicked in in 2014.
Not Found | McKinsey & Company

I really don't understand how people can IGNORE the experts whose jobs are called "actuaries" (Actuaries analyze the financial costs of risk and uncertainty)
and these people that figure out what insurance premiums should be have said:

FACT:President Obama’s claim that insurance premiums ‘will go down’ - The Washington Post

A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 — with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017."

think about it! 122% increase! With the average individual health insurance premium today being $4,547 in 2011, That will be $9,000 in 2017!!!

People! Do you understand what these EXPERTS are telling you???
They are telling you health insurance premiums are going to increase 122%
64% of Americans have private health insurance and those premiums are going to increase 122% IN spite of Obama's promise..

Why don't you just kill all the employers.

Then employees can take everything from the business, sell it, and live happily ever after off Obama.

He just prints more money, so no problem, right?

:rolleyes:

Simple solutions! Don't like your life now? Destroy everything so everyone else is miserable too! :cuckoo:

I really don't understand how people can IGNORE the experts whose jobs are called "actuaries" (Actuaries analyze the financial costs of risk and uncertainty)
and these people that figure out what insurance premiums should be have said:

FACT:President Obama’s claim that insurance premiums ‘will go down’ - The Washington Post

A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 — with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017."

think about it! 122% increase! With the average individual health insurance premium today being $4,547 in 2011, That will be $9,000 in 2017!!!

People! Do you understand what these EXPERTS are telling you???
They are telling you health insurance premiums are going to increase 122%
64% of Americans have private health insurance and those premiums are going to increase 122% IN spite of Obama's promise..

They voted for him. don't feel sorry for them, I am going to enjoy every bit of misery he inflicts on their personal lives.

He didnt say he fired Dem employees. Way to jump to conclusions...you stupid liberal piece of shit.
But I sure hope they were. It's about time for small business to make a stand.
The libs have unions on their side so I dont see this as out of the realm of fair play.

thanks for the link.

No proof this is a real case.

gee your really giving to us huh

We're just a small business but we've been putting off hiring three until the election, now we won't be taking them on.
Yeah, the bulgebottom Democrats won.

They're just gonna click their heels together, say "Oz!" close their eyes, and all the bad stuff will disappear, and all the free stuff will just walk right up and sit on their lap.

All Obama has to do is order a few more trillion dollars to be printed for pouring out into the have-nots for the purpose of getting rid of the haves.

Laws of mercy. :rolleyes:

He didnt say he fired Dem employees. Way to jump to conclusions...you stupid liberal piece of shit.
But I sure hope they were. It's about time for small business to make a stand.
The libs have unions on their side so I dont see this as out of the realm of fair play.

Who the hell would even think about hiring a liberal?

New Topics

Forum List

Back