Vatican report finds that John Paul II knew of sexual abuse allegations against ex-Cardinal McCarrick

esalla

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2020
Cryogenic capsule under area 51, I am not dead

Popes knew of allegations against ex-Cardinal McCarrick years ago, report finds
McCarrick, one of the most prominent figures in the U.S. Catholic Church before his fall from power, was expelled from the priesthood in 2019.

ROME — Popes Benedict XVI and John Paul II were aware of sexual misconduct allegations against American Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, whom the Vatican later defrocked after investigating the claims, but they did not halt the powerful cleric's rise through the church, according to a report released Tuesday.

McCarrick, one of the most prominent figures in the U.S. Roman Catholic Church before his fall from power, was expelled from the priesthood in 2019 after a Vatican investigation.

The 449-page Vatican report released Tuesday outlines how the two popes, as well as senior U.S. Catholic officials, were aware of the sexual misconduct allegations, including that McCarrick shared a bed with seminarians at his New Jersey beach house and an unsuccessful attempt to restrict his role in public life in the 1990s.

I don't doubt it. It's hard for me to believe that all of that could have gone on all of those years without the Pope ever not gotten wind of it.

McCarrick, one of the most prominent figures in the U.S. Catholic Church before his fall from power, was expelled from the priesthood in 2019.

ROME — Popes Benedict XVI and John Paul II were aware of sexual misconduct allegations against American Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, whom the Vatican later defrocked after investigating the claims, but they did not halt the powerful cleric's rise through the church, according to a report released Tuesday.

McCarrick, one of the most prominent figures in the U.S. Roman Catholic Church before his fall from power, was expelled from the priesthood in 2019 after a Vatican investigation.

The 449-page Vatican report released Tuesday outlines how the two popes, as well as senior U.S. Catholic officials, were aware of the sexual misconduct allegations, including that McCarrick shared a bed with seminarians at his New Jersey beach house and an unsuccessful attempt to restrict his role in public life in the 1990s.

Well color me purple... Cardinal Law the enabler of queer priests in the east coast, was found guilty then fled to the Vatican, where he installed the next pope. When the Progs get in the organizations , they corrupt it completely.

We saw the queers and what they did to the Boy Scouts of America, they will stop at nothing until all moral organizations are destroyed...

• Banned

Well color me purple... Cardinal Law the enabler of queer priests in the east coast, was found guilty then fled to the Vatican, where he installed the next pope. When the Progs get in the organizations , they corrupt it completely.

We saw the queers and what they did to the Boy Scouts of America, they will stop at nothing until all moral organizations are destroyed...

Now the pope is letting the communist pick their own cardinals and has declared war on capitalism

Now the pope is letting the communist pick their own cardinals and has declared war on capitalism

That is the latest pope, who demands we dont wall up our Country, while he sits behind a very tall concrete wall, with billions of dollars in the Catholic vaults...

• Banned

That is the latest pope, who demands we dont wall up our Country, while he sits behind a very tall concrete wall, with billions of dollars in the Catholic vaults...

He also says we need to be communist

Popes Benedict XVI and John Paul II were aware of sexual misconduct allegations against American Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, whom the Vatican later defrocked after investigating the claims, but they did not halt the powerful cleric's rise through the church, according to a report released Tuesday.
Two popes and a cardinal? They were aware? Like Adam and Even after they ate the apple?
shared a bed
I'm not Catholic, and I don't even know what that means. They enforce a vow of poverty and leave people to freeze and starve to death out on the streets.

• Banned
Popes Benedict XVI and John Paul II were aware of sexual misconduct allegations against American Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, whom the Vatican later defrocked after investigating the claims, but they did not halt the powerful cleric's rise through the church, according to a report released Tuesday.
Two popes and a cardinal? They were aware? Like Adam and Even after they ate the apple?
shared a bed
I'm not Catholic, and I don't even know what that means. They enforce a vow of poverty and leave people to freeze and starve to death out on the streets.
I'm not Catholic, and I don't even know what that means. They enforce a vow of poverty and leave people to freeze and starve to death out on the streets, while the Vatican holds precious art. Jesus would trash the vatican just like he did the temple

To be aware of an accusation is not the same as being aware of conduct. Maybe with decades of honorable service in the Church, they thought he was entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

It appears to me that the very same Leftists who quietly support NAMBLA claim to recoil in horror when learning of a Catholic Bishop supposedly spending time with adult seminarians. It reeks of hypocrisy.

They enforce a vow of poverty and leave people to freeze and starve to death out on the streets.

I don't think they do. Not all take the vow. None of the people involved in the scandal were poor. It's incredible how much money the Catholics have amassed. The Catholic Church and the Vatican are supposedly the richest institution now estimated to be worth $30 billion. Pope Francis is supposed to be worth about $30 million. Nobody knows exactly because they are allowed to keep their books off the record.

To be aware of an accusation is not the same as being aware of conduct. Maybe with decades of honorable service in the Church, they thought he was entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

It appears to me that the very same Leftists who quietly support NAMBLA claim to recoil in horror when learning of a Catholic Bishop supposedly spending time with adult seminarians. It reeks of hypocrisy.
To be aware of an accusation is not the same as being aware of conduct.
stupid in stupid out ...

they have been persecuting, raping and victimizing the innocent since the 4th century establishment of their religion as recorded uninterrupted throughout history and everyone knows it. the congregations have supported their abuses to propagate their own self worth using the injustices as a foil for their own pitiful rewards. dgs48.

Forum List

Back