Vandals target Barry Brodd's former home after testimony in Derek Chauvin's defense

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Barry Brodd, a former training officer for the Santa Rosa, California, police department, testified for the defense at the Derek Chauvin murder trial last week. This weekend, black-clad vandals terrorized the occupants of his former home—or the home they believed belonged to him—by leaving a severed pig’s head and dousing the property once owned by the former cop with pig’s blood. Brodd moved out of the residence several years ago and no longer lives in the state.
Brodd, a consultant on police practices and use of force, testified Tuesday as a paid expert witness for the defense.

He testified that his review of the evidence in the high-profile case led him to the opinion that the type of force Chauvin used on George Floyd was justified and that the former Minneapolis police officer "was acting with objective reasonableness following Minneapolis Police Department policy and current standards of law enforcement in his interactions with Mr. Floyd."

Brodd's opinion countered several Minneapolis Police Department use-of-force trainers and top department officials who testified that the amount of force Chauvin used on Floyd was excessive, unnecessary and not written anywhere in the agency's policies and practices.

1618846798036.png

I don't want to get into what is excessive force and what isn't, but apparently the Chauvin trial is about to get to the closing arguments. My problem is the intimidation that appears to be going on, will justice be done or not? If found guilty, I can see the defense appealing the verdict just based on that.

Barry Brodd, a former training officer for the Santa Rosa, California, police department, testified for the defense at the Derek Chauvin murder trial last week. This weekend, black-clad vandals terrorized the occupants of his former home—or the home they believed belonged to him—by leaving a severed pig’s head and dousing the property once owned by the former cop with pig’s blood. Brodd moved out of the residence several years ago and no longer lives in the state.
Brodd, a consultant on police practices and use of force, testified Tuesday as a paid expert witness for the defense.

He testified that his review of the evidence in the high-profile case led him to the opinion that the type of force Chauvin used on George Floyd was justified and that the former Minneapolis police officer "was acting with objective reasonableness following Minneapolis Police Department policy and current standards of law enforcement in his interactions with Mr. Floyd."

Brodd's opinion countered several Minneapolis Police Department use-of-force trainers and top department officials who testified that the amount of force Chauvin used on Floyd was excessive, unnecessary and not written anywhere in the agency's policies and practices.

View attachment 481659

I don't want to get into what is excessive force and what isn't, but apparently the Chauvin trial is about to get to the closing arguments. My problem is the intimidation that appears to be going on, will justice be done or not? If found guilty, I can see the defense appealing the verdict just based on that.

Next they will go after defendants lawyers for daring to defend someone and abide by their civil rights.

Then it will be to go after judges (we saw that already with Kavanaugh, no?) whose decisions they don't like.

I can't help but think that there are deep pockets behind these types of actions. Knowingly or not, they are doing the work of some foreign government in one form or another.

This cop may be a POS in my eyes, but he has a right to due process like anyone.

New Topics

Forum List

Back