VA cuts

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
1620431017073.png

Just had cataract surgery done on my left eye. VA paid for the steroid, penicillin, and other drops. Rules just changed and now they won't pay for the drops for when I have the right eye done.

I'm sure there's other things they are now not paying for anymore since it was just a few days ago that I had the first eye done and the change happened since.

So expect to pay more once again.

Think I'm going to go down to the VA and get them to label me as 100% disabled so I don't have to pay any taxes on the money I receive in my retirement check.

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 488020

Just had cataract surgery done on my left eye. VA paid for the steroid, penicillin, and other drops. Rules just changed and now they won't pay for the drops for when I have the right eye done.

I'm sure there's other things they are now not paying for anymore since it was just a few days ago that I had the first eye done and the change happened since.

Think I'm going to go down to the VA and get them to label me as 100% disabled so I don't have to pay any taxes on the money I receive in my retirement check.

*****SMILE*****

Good luck with getting 100%. Took me 20 years to get a 100% service connected rating, and with the full weight of the DAV behind it.

I'm a homeless vet, so I have to go to public services for eye and dental anyway.

I'm going in for a kidney stone Monday. Appointments are always several weeks away - I thought that was supposed to have been fixed.

View attachment 488020

*****SMILE*****

Not sure, but it may have to do with the level of disability. A lot of things become free at 70%. The VFW will assist you in reopening you case and updating.

View attachment 488020

*****SMILE*****

Good luck with getting 100%. Took me 20 years to get a 100% service connected rating, and with the full weight of the DAV behind it.

Good for you, not many accomplish that.

Biden is very unlikely to cut VA, whereas

1. President Trump’s Extreme Budget Cuts Hurt Veterans | House ...

budget.house.gov › publications › report
    Feb 13, 2020 · President Trump’s budget cuts Social Security benefits by at least $24 billion over 10 years – despite the President’s claims he would leave Social Security alone. This cut reflects $11 billion of the President’s vague $63 billion disability “reform” to restructure and reduce federal disability benefits – including Social Security ...
  2. Trump budget chief: Cutting veterans pay isn't a big deal

americanindependent.com › trump-budget-chief
    Trump's acting budget director said there's no downside to the administration's proposal to take money from veterans benefits. Acting Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Director Russell Vought testified before the House Budget Committee on Tuesday.

View attachment 488020

*****SMILE*****

Good for you, not many accomplish that.

The journey started in 1990 when I finally had to have a cervical discectomy for the nerves I crushed in my neck in the military. After the surgery a guy with a clipboard came into my hospital room with some papers and said "sign this." I asked what it was and he said, "I'm going to get you a 50% disability rating." So... OK... where do I sign? Things went downhill from there. Work got harder, the pain got worse, had neuropathy, some atrophy set in, I was about at my wits end, but thank God for one hard working DAV rep in Reno that was just relentless, he finally got me rated 100% unemployable. Took a long damn time and a lot of shitty years to get there though. It ain't easy, unless you're shot up or missing limbs.

View attachment 488020

*****SMILE*****

Ask them to deduct your payment from the cash sent to Iran.

Forum List

Back