Uvalde officials reportedly hire law firm to block release of 'highly embarrassing information'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
By: Sarah Dewberry
Posted at 2:45 PM, Jun 18, 2022

and last updated 4:45 PM, Jun 18, 2022

Weeks since a gunman killed 21 people inside a Texas elementary school, Uvalde law enforcement officials have stopped providing updates about what transpired during the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School.
With pressure mounting publically about what happened, the city of Uvalde has hired a private Texas law firm to seek an exemption to block the release of public records pertaining to the school shooting because some of them contain "highly embarrassing information," Vice and NPR reported.

Now, some Texas lawmakers and advocates have voiced their concerns that a legal loophole could be used by Uvalde city officials that would block further information about the deadly school shooting from being released, the Associated Press reported.
The law, which was created in the 1990s, blocks records about crimes from being released publically for which no one has been convicted.
According to the news outlet, the Texas Attorney General's Office has ruled that the exception applies when a suspect dies.

Uvalde officials reportedly hire law firm to block release of 'highly embarrassing information'

WTF.......Looks like they are going to try to cover this one up.

Last edited:
By: Sarah Dewberry
Posted at 2:45 PM, Jun 18, 2022

and last updated 4:45 PM, Jun 18, 2022

Weeks since a gunman killed 21 people inside a Texas elementary school, Uvalde law enforcement officials have stopped providing updates about what transpired during the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School.
With pressure mounting publically about what happened, the city of Uvalde has hired a private Texas law firm to seek an exemption to block the release of public records pertaining to the school shooting because some of them contain "highly embarrassing information," Vice and NPR reported.

Now, some Texas lawmakers and advocates have voiced their concerns that a legal loophole could be used by Uvalde city officials that would block further information about the deadly school shooting from being released, the Associated Press reported.
The law, which was created in the 1990s, blocks records about crimes from being released publically for which no one has been convicted.
According to the news outlet, the Texas Attorney General's Office has ruled that the exception applies when a suspect dies.

WTF.......Looks like they are going to try to cover this one up.
Your link was not posted properly.

Uvalde officials reportedly hire law firm to block release of 'highly embarrassing information'​

Thanks for making me look for it.

:rolleyes:

Your link was not posted properly.

Uvalde officials reportedly hire law firm to block release of 'highly embarrassing information'​

Thanks for making me look for it.

:rolleyes:
You are quite welcome. ;)

Weird, I had left a hole for it, I guess it did not "take" when I plugged it in.

Fixed now.

I don't understand how they can equate keeping information from the public to protect the accused, to keeping information from the public in order to safe guard the memory of a dead criminal suspect.

The public pays these folks salary, they have a right to know the details of how public agencies responded.

If the government has the theory, that information should be kept secret to protect potentially innocent accused, that is one thing.
But if the suspect that did the deed is dead, clearly it is in the public interest to know all the details of how public agencies are using tax payer dollars.

I sense at the very least, corruption and incompetence, and at worst, conspiracy to defraud and abandon the public, while covering up the crime.

I don't understand how they can equate keeping information from the public. The public pays these folks salary, they have a right to know.

If the government has the theory, that information should be kept secret to protect potentially innocent accused, that is one thing, but if the suspect that did the deed is dead, clearly it is in the public interest to know all the details of how public agencies are using tax payer dollars.

I sense at the very least, corruption and incompetence, and at worst, conspiracy to defraud and abandon the public, while covering up the crime.

I suspect the same.....Damn shame.

I wonder that since the feds were directly involved in the death of the shooter if they can conduct a investigation because it looks like the state of texas has circled the wagons with the locals.

New Topics

Forum List

Back