Utter insanity! Sebelius goes off the rails!

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
She doesn't have the authority to "direct" private insurance companies to fulfill all these last minute, panicked requests!

The ACA IMPLOSION is VERY close!

Sebelius directs insurance companies to accept Obamacare premium payments up to Dec. 31 | AL.com

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius ordered insurance companies to accept payment through Dec. 31 for Affordable Care Act coverage beginning on Jan. 1.

The Health and Human Services Secretary also formally extended the deadline for enrolling in coverage starting at the first of the year from Dec. 15 to Dec. 23.

Sebelius made the announcements this afternoon amid a number of other non-binding recommendations to "help the transition" for consumers buying health plans.

These two actions affect those wanting coverage on Jan. 1. The deadline for enrolling in a new plan on the health reform exchange is not until March 31, 2014. About 365,000 people have picked plans from the federal and state-run marketplaces or exchanges by the end of November in a process that started Oct. 1. More than 3,400 people have signed up in Alabama.

Although HHS officials did not express concern about enrollees making payments, ProPublica, the investigative website, on Wednesday quoted insurance industry consultants saying only between 5 and 15 percent of enrollees have made premium payments.

Besides invoking a federal rule to require insurers to accept payments through Dec. 31, HHS made several recommendations that were not requirements, including:
Giving consumers additional time after Dec. 31 to pay the first month's premium.
Giving consumers even more flexibility beyond Dec. 23 to sign up.
Giving people enrolled in the federal Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) the chance to extend their coverage through Jan. 31, 2014 if they haven't already selected a new plan. PCIP is a transitional bridge program that provides people with health conditions who could otherwise be shut out of the insurance market.
Encouraging insurers to treat out-of-network providers as in-network to ensure continuity of care for acute episodes or if the provider was listed in their plan's provider directory as of the date of an enrollee's enrollment.
Strongly encouraging insurers to refill prescriptions covered under previous plans during January.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, which is the predominant health plan provider in Alabama, did not immediately respond for a reaction.

So, this administration is telling these private companies that they are to change the dates that are in their data systems and happen to be in the law to accommodate the administration. This is so they do not look like a failure. Is that correct?

Do I have this straight?

hey, it's what the people wanted evidently, They put this bunch back in control of our country and lives.....people in government who don't have to FOLLOW the damn LAW they frikken shoved on us

vote these commie/dictators out of OUR LIVES

I see where she is ordering the IG to investigate the web site As opposed to an outside agency that would know what they're doing do it

So she is going to have an incompetent government with bias attitudes investigate an incompetent program and figure out lies that we already know the answers to.

They gave the money to the wookies friend

this woman should of lost her job and Obama should of RESIGNED or been IMPEACHED over this pos they put on us

Until people wake the hell up, they'll just continue ROLLING over us

So, this administration is telling these private companies that they are to change the dates that are in their data systems and happen to be in the law to accommodate the administration. This is so they do not look like a failure. Is that correct?

Do I have this straight?
Pretty much. Trying to save face.

Do I have this straight?

I would like to know just where this administration got the authority to tell or demand these companies change the dates once the laws were passed. And where did the administration get the authority to change the law once it was passed telling citizens the date has changed.

Can someone fill me in on this?

Do I have this straight?

I would like to know just where this administration got the authority to tell or demand these companies change the dates once the laws were passed. And where did the administration get the authority to change the law once it was passed telling citizens the date has changed.

Obamaturd and his admin has a habit of breaking their own laws to make themselves look good. They don't have the authority but know one is holding them accountable.

The good news is that since BO and Sebelius have set the precedent that POTUS and the HHS sec can just change laws unilaterally, or decide not to enforce them, as soon as we get a Repub in the WH he/she can just "decide" that the ACA is unconstitutional, and shit-can it ALL!

Yea OP when I read that today this bitch is totally of fthe rails, she is acting like Obama and I remember when she didn't even do a press conference about October's numbers she did it by phone.

Obamaturd and his admin has a habit of breaking their own laws to make themselves look good. They don't have the authority but know one is holding them accountable.

The problem is Obama thought he can run the Nation like the Daileys ran Chicago and starting to finally bite him in the ass

Congress just may have something to say about this. Go for it Representative Rice!
This president has to be stopped.

what happens if they do not comply?

she needs them not the other way around.

The good news is that since BO and Sebelius have set the precedent that POTUS and the HHS sec can just change laws unilaterally, or decide not to enforce them, as soon as we get a Repub in the WH he/she can just "decide" that the ACA is unconstitutional, and shit-can it ALL!

except this is not good news at all.

it is how the end begins,

They'll all comply because it is about the clients not the head bitch.

We are scrambling to keep up with this shit....

what happens if they do not comply?

she needs them not the other way around.

It's just like BO urging insurance companies to go ahead and let us keep our canceled policies. Most states said "fuck you Barack, we're not doing it!"

Forum List

Back