Utah's Gay Marriage Ban struck down

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ah-same-sex-marriage-ban-as-unconstitutional/ New Link provided by Intense.

A federal judge in Utah Friday struck down the state’s ban on same-sex marriage, saying the law violates the U.S. Constitution’s guarantees of equal protection and due process.

"The state’s current laws deny its gay and lesbian citizens their fundamental right to marry and, in so doing, demean the dignity of these same-sex couples for no rational reason," wrote U.S. District Court Judge Robert J. Shelby. "Accordingly, the court finds that these laws are unconstitutional." [...]

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad gays can now get married in Mormon Country, but this is really gay:

"I’m just very thrilled that Derek and I will be able to get married soon, if all goes well and the state doesn’t appeal. We want a farmer’s market wedding because it’s where we spend a lot of time."

I guess when one guy marries 15 women in Mormon Country, it creates a shortage of brides for the rest of the fellas. So I can see the necessity of letting dudes marry each other. Either that, or they would have to marry their 10 year old nieces.

Federal judge strikes down Utah's gay marriage ban
by Joan McCarter

A federal judge in Utah Friday struck down the state’s ban on same-sex marriage, saying the law violates the U.S. Constitution’s guarantees of equal protection and due process.

"The state’s current laws deny its gay and lesbian citizens their fundamental right to marry and, in so doing, demean the dignity of these same-sex couples for no rational reason," wrote U.S. District Court Judge Robert J. Shelby. "Accordingly, the court finds that these laws are unconstitutional." [...]

<snip>

Complete surprise. He was ratified by the Senate just last September.

Life is amazing.

The citizens of Utah would never vote to legalize homo marriage.

But we now have the dictatorship of the Judiciary.

So the will of the people doesn't mean squat. .... :doubt:

the Utah Supreme Court will have the FINAL word anyway.

There is just one problem.... There is no fundamental right to marry except for man and woman.

The State decides what cash and prizes to bestow on married people, and so it gets to decide who counts as married and who doesn't.

We heteros were just fine with that arrangement as long as we were the ones getting all that milk from the government tit.

Now that homos are sidling up next to us, jostling for the same milk, we get all indignant, like. These homos think they are special. They want the same government stash we've been getting!

The nerve!

Last edited:
There is just one problem.... There is no fundamental right to marry except for man and woman.

The State decides what cash and prizes to bestow on married people, and so it gets to decide who counts as married and who doesn't.

We heteros were just fine with that arrangement as long as we were the ones getting all that milk from the government tit.

Now that homos are sidling up next to us, jostling for the same milk, we get all indignant, like. These homos they are special. They want the same stuff we've been getting!

The nerve!

Ya it can't be because we see it as an abomination or anything like that, right?

Now that homos are sidling up next to us, jostling for the same milk, we get all indignant, like. These homos they are special. They want the same stuff we've been getting!

The nerve!

Ya it can't be because we see it as an abomination or anything like that, right?

That's a religious "God Hates Fags" thing, not a government thing. There is not a religious test on my married filing jointly tax form. Thank God.

Last edited:

well besides you being wrong, the wrong side of history, and and losing period.
This makes 18. When you going to give up on the fact that you think you are right? when all 50 states have this?
Look i understand you approve of having second class citizens but thankfully you are not in power.

The nerve!

NEAT! irrelevant but NEAT!

Tell it to the moon, RGS.

There are crowds beginning to get together on Main and State Street just below Temple Square.

The city is going to be wild tonight.

I will be going to a family member's grave tonight for a memorial.

Activist judges. They need to go. Sane presidents need to appoint sane judges.

I would bet a year's pay you did not whine about "activist judges" when Distict of Columbia v. Heller was handed down.

I get all tingly when Yurt's libertarian side overpowers his TeaP reactionary cooties. I am glad that he agrees with the ruling.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back