Utah woman 'humiliated' after being ordered by judge to hand over her NUDE 'boudoir album' to ex-husband in divorce

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Utah woman ordered to hand over her NUDE 'boudoir album' to ex-husband

A Utah woman has told of her shock at being ordered by a judge to hand over a photo album of her 'boudoir style' nude photos to her ex-husband, after he requested them as part of their divorce.
Lindsay Marsh said that she commissioned the photos in the early years of her marriage, and wrote 'loving' and intimate messages to him inside the album.
But, when she filed for divorce in April 2021 after 25 years together, her ex-husband Chris Marsh said that he wanted to keep the album, for the memories.

'It's violating and it's incredibly embarrassing and humiliating,' she said.
'The only way I can hopefully protect someone else from going through the same situation is to tell my story and expose that these are the types of things that he thinks are OK.'

Marsh said she was shocked when her ex requested the book of photos, and protested.
But Judge Michael Edwards, sitting in the 2nd district court, sided with her ex-husband.
As a gesture, he said Marsh should take the book back to the original photographer, and have a copy made, with her body edited out.
Marsh went to the photographer, but the photographer refused, arguing that the images were art which should not be altered.

The judge then ruled, in August this year, that Marsh must hand the album to a third party, who would themselves edit the images.
'That person is to do whatever it takes to modify the pages of the pictures so that any photographs of [Lindsay Marsh] in lingerie or that sort of thing or even without clothing are obscured and taken out,' he wrote in a ruling shared with The Salt Lake Tribune.
'But the words are maintained for memory's sake.'

Marsh said the thought of handing the book over to a stranger was even more traumatic, and rang the judge's clerk to ensure she hadn't misunderstood the ruling.
'I just want to clarify,' she recalled saying. 'The judge has ordered me to give nude photos of my body to a third party that I don't know without my consent?'

Lindsay Marsh is legally required to keep the originals until December, in case her ex objects to any of the edits.
She then plans to hold a burning party, and throw them into the fire.
'It's going to be amazing,' she said.

Chris Marsh told The Tribune the books were full of memories, inscriptions and photos, stressing they were not 'inappropriate-type books.'

Screenshot_2022-09-27_064507_jpg-2541092.JPG

Ha, I bet her ex bought her the bolt-ons and she went all Silver Fox on him. ;)

I don't like to get involved in strangers business but I'd be willing to make a goodwill gesture here & volunteer my services to look at her naked pics do the necessary editing.

The judge sounds like a creep and her ex as well. Once people lose faith in the justice system and the unheralded power of judges, they won't easily be returned to trust.

I had a best friend growing up, starting in seventh grade. We had a great lifelong friendship until she brought out her version of the same book, while her husband was there, pouring me a drink.

I walked.

I suspect we will see those photos on The Internet quite soon.

Forum List

Back