Utah jazz are trading All-NBA center & 3-time Defensive Player Of the Year Rudy Gobert to Minnesota Timberwolves for 4 players & 4 draft picks

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"I don’t get why we couldn’t finish on Rudy Gobert. He put no fear in my heart."

Anthony Edwards gonna love his new teammate Rudy Gobert

I hope the Raptors find the courage to trade for Durant just to see his face when he finds out he is being traded to Canada.

LOL...Raptors fan? i watched the Raptors obsessively in the Vince Carter era...otherwise i have no respect for that franchise

Well, we bought ourselves a ring with a ballsy trade that couldn't have worked out better. That's more rings than the Knicks and many other franchises have won since the Raptors joined the NBA.

• Banned
Well, we bought ourselves a ring with a ballsy trade that couldn't have worked out better. That's more rings than the Knicks and many other franchises have won since the Raptors joined the NBA.
well Jeremy Lin was on that Raptors championship team...i hated that he didn't get respect (or playing time) but enjoyed watching him lift the trophy

Once again, a Minnesota team has screwed themselves by giving away their future for a mediocre player in return. 4 future first round picks, and 5 players? Terrible trade, in my eyes. They need more than Gobert and KAT on that team.

Brooklyn does not have a first round draft pick until 2027, because of the Durant trade, and they also signed Ben Simmons to a monster contract, and the dude aint played for 2 years. And Durant wants out.

Once again, a Minnesota team has screwed themselves by giving away their future for a mediocre player in return. 4 future first round picks, and 5 players? Terrible trade, in my eyes. They need more than Gobert and KAT on that team.

Brooklyn does not have a first round draft pick until 2027, because of the Durant trade, and they also signed Ben Simmons to a monster contract, and the dude aint played for 2 years. And Durant wants out.
Brooklyn got the 76ers first round picks for a few years in the Harden trade.

Everyone is saying it’s a great trade for Minnesota, but I’m skeptical. I think people bought into the idea that Gobert is the perfect player to be matched with Towns, so he can cover up Town’s defensive deficiencies, but I don’t think that just because conceptual it’s a perfect fit that in actuality it will be. Plus offense is more important than defense, and trading 5 picks for a limited offensive player is something I wouldn’t do.

Forum List

Back