Zone1 USSC to hear racial discrimination in education case today

I am one who thinks Affirmative Action was necessary for a time after segregation ended because the old cultural taboos and attitudes were deeply entrenched. And yes, it did give women and other discriminated groups more opportunities.

But once those barriers came down, history teaches us they are not put back up. And forced integration via Affirmative Action outlived its purpose and produced far more negative consequences than positive ones. It should have ended within 10 or 20 years.
The barriers have not come down and as you are a white woman, your demographic has benefitted most from AA. I think some whites need to come out of that delusion whereby they don't notice that white is a race and that by various written laws up until 58 years ago whites were given all advantage based on race. Now you aren't going to erase nearly 200 years of advantage in 58 and then when you consider the fact than in the 58 years of AA whites have still continued to benefit most, that it's time to drop feeling and beliefs and look at the facts and truth.

Last edited:
The history I read and the data I study tell a very different story than what you seem to want to believe here. As I said, I've been at the bottom, darn near homeless, not sure where my next meal was coming from. I'm not there any more. And there are many many similar stories told by those who have brown and black skin. Most of America's poor would be considered well off by most other country's poor. Our poor by no means have gotten poorer. And nobody has to stay poor in this country if they are willing to do what is needed to do to become unpoor.
If you study the history that validates your confirmation bias, you don't get the whole story. We aren't talking about most other countries, this is America. Blacks are 13 percent of the population but have 2.7 percent of the wealth. And it's not because we aren't trying, or teaching ourselves to be victims, or any of the stuff you may read or believe.

They did under Trump, too.

Not sure why you have Obama on the brain, exactly? Did the scary black man frighten you?
You posted Obama era stats and nothing after 2012. So it's you who brought up Obama. Just commenting that your chart shows Obama's record on poverty reduction is pretty sad. Poverty decreased significantly in every year of the Trump administration however. Fewer people on welfare. Fewer people getting SNAP.

The barriers have not come down and as you are a white woman, your demographic has benefitted most from AA. I think some whites need to come out of that delusion whereby they don't notice that white is a race and that by various written laws up until 58 years ago whites were given all advantage based on race. Now you aren't going to erase nearly 200 years of advantage in 58 and then when you consider the fact than in the 58 years of AA whites have still continued to benefit most, that it's time to drop feeling and beliefs and look at the facts and truth.

Again, what advantage?

I mean, when Grandpa Ludwig got off the boat, no one welcomed him with the "Welcome to the White Oppressor Overclass" gift basket. It was more like, "Get out of here, you ****ing Kraut!"

The same can be said of the Irish, the Italians, the Poles, and yes, the Jews. For a long time, there was suppression of Catholics. Everyone has a sad story.

Do I think there's a need for factoring race into admissions? Yes. But instead of whining about the few hundred who get admitted into Harvard and eventually flunk out, worry more about the fact that 20% of Public High School Grads can't read their diplomas.

If you study the history that validates your confirmation bias, you don't get the whole story. We aren't talking about most other countries, this is America. Blacks are 13 percent of the population but have 2.7 percent of the wealth. And it's not because we aren't trying, or teaching ourselves to be victims, or any of the stuff you may read or believe.

Uh, let's get real here. 80% of the population has less than 13% of the wealth.

Forum List

Back