USS John S. McCain collided with a merchant vessel. Ten U.S. men Missing. WTF? Again?

either folks are ramming us "accidentally on purpose" or our seamen need better training.
Our WARSHIPS should not let civilian ship get that close to them in the first place.

Yes, I think the lack of training is the root problem, but what can one expect when the military has been giving higher priority to being politically correct instead of finding the BEST WARRORS for the job?
Do you have any idea what training there is to become an OOD?

Example: Training newbies. How to not hit another ship. Visual aid.

1000w_q95.jpg

2009, it had its steering repaired, and upgrades.

Pray for the missing and injured sailors and their families.

All the instruments and equipment in the world cannot help in one freak storm.

either folks are ramming us "accidentally on purpose" or our seamen need better training.
Our WARSHIPS should not let civilian ship get that close to them in the first place.

Yes, I think the lack of training is the root problem, but what can one expect when the military has been giving higher priority to being politically correct instead of finding the BEST WARRORS for the job?

Massive training, and experience. The sea however, remains a force that cannot be 'trained'.

Its four this year in the asia sea. Someone might be messing with the radar systems. I doubt its our sailors.

Massive training, and experience. The sea however, remains a force that cannot be 'trained'.
News this morning said the tanker has had multiple safety violations in the last year....some having to do with navigation.

News this morning said the tanker has had multiple safety violations in the last year....some having to do with navigation.

I cannot write the first word that came to mind..........I will use: OH, DARN.....not the same.........

She isn't funny, nor are the ships, (also referred to as SHE).

Why are you quoting yourself?

See laughing face at the bottom of the post, Geez.............

No

No

Someone thought the post was funny, perhaps you need glasses.

The whole thing is just unbelievable....hard to believe we can have two "accidents" like this in about a month or two?

What in the heck is going on with their protocol to make certain I's are dotted and T's are crossed to prevent these kind of things? Has it changed recently?
Or are these tankers purposely barging in to us?

None of this makes any sense and more than likely nearly 20 men dead...from just the two accidents???

Maybe the crew's sleeping area should be designed higher than the water level that a barge could ram them at...??? :( :(

The whole thing is just unbelievable....hard to believe we can have two "accidents" like this in about a month or two?

What in the heck is going on with their protocol to make certain I's are dotted and T's are crossed to prevent these kind of things? Has it changed recently?
Or are these tankers purposely barging in to us?

None of this makes any sense and more than likely nearly 20 men dead...from just the two accidents???

Maybe the crew's sleeping area should be designed higher than the water level that a barge could ram them at...??? :( :(

it's hard to ram anything moving with a ship as big as an oil tanker, those things take a long time to aim in a general direction, never mind target a small moving object.

Right of way on the seas always goes to the least maneuverable vessel.

No

Someone thought the post was funny, perhaps you need glasses.

If you had put a smiley face up, I would not have brought the subject up in the 1st place.

Forum List

Back