USmessageboard On Tapatalk?

jameny5

VIP Member
May 16, 2019
Orange County, NY
Does anyone know why the USMESSAGEBOARD FORUM does not work on TAPATALK? It hasn't been working for a few months. I have talked to a couple of admins on Tapatalk. All they tell me is to contact an admin on here and tell them to update their plug in for Tapatalk. Actually they have emailed them three times from what I have been told. Yet, The problem has not been resolved. What could be the problem? Anyone?

It stopped working right after the Upgrayedd some months ago, when the old forum software gave way to a much newer version.

Highly ironic, this is, since one of the claimed benefits of the newer version was supposed to be better support for mobile devices. And notable, right away after the Upgrayedd, was that support for Tapatalk was gone. It turns out that even using a browser on a cell phone, the new software plays very, very badly with it, compared to the old software, especially when trying to edit a post. It seems that there are some scripts running while you're editing a post, that mess with what you're typing. I don't know what their intended purpose is, but they have very mild adverse effects under a desktop-based browser, and seriously f••• things up when typing on a cellphone-based browser.

It almost seems that, contrary to what has been claimed, that it is an intentional, deliberate effect of the new software to f••• up any ability to post from a mobile device.

I am using a Windows 10 ARM 64, 2 in 1, and it just does not function properly. Impossible to edit or delete a draft.

It stopped working right after the Upgrayedd some months ago, when the old forum software gave way to a much newer version.

Highly ironic, this is, since one of the claimed benefits of the newer version was supposed to be better support for mobile devices. And notable, right away after the Upgrayedd, was that support for Tapatalk was gone. It turns out that even using a browser on a cell phone, the new software plays very, very badly with it, compared to the old software, especially when trying to edit a post. It seems that there are some scripts running while you're editing a post, that mess with what you're typing. I don't know what their intended purpose is, but they have very mild adverse effects under a desktop-based browser, and seriously f••• things up when typing on a cellphone-based browser.

It almost seems that, contrary to what has been claimed, that it is an intentional, deliberate effect of the new software to f••• up any ability to post from a mobile device.
That's why I only read from my phone. Posting is too frustrating.

I am using a Windows 10 ARM 64, 2 in 1, and it just does not function properly. Impossible to edit or delete a draft.
Oldschool, if you want to avoid all that, erase the whole thing, type in a single letter and post reply. When your dialog shows "a" delete the post. You just ended your problem. :thanks:

Oldschool, if you want to avoid all that, erase the whole thing, type in a single letter and post reply. When your dialog shows "a" delete the post. You just ended your problem. :thanks:
The problem is it plays havoc with the onscreen keyboard, it only erases one letter at a time. This is really a big problem and has forced me to post only occassionaly. Thanks for the help though.

The problem is it plays havoc with the onscreen keyboard, it only erases one letter at a time. This is really a big problem and has forced me to post only occassionaly. Thanks for the help though.
Hold the black arrow with "x" on it on the keyboard. It rapidly xes out the whole thing if you start at the bottom of dialog It goes backward almost too fast.

My guess Bob is that just as going all digital with cellphones actually had little to do with better service or communication for the actual users, the new site software here, it's main advantage is the additional overhead and compatibility afforded the administrators and other interested parties apart from the actual users.

I've noticed a few benefits of the new software, but some of that seems to be coming unraveled over time.

Forum List

Back