USMB Veterans, need your assistance please

But is that the full extent of the "tribute" people referred to? The black ribbon with Merlin on it?

I'd like to restore it, but want to make sure it's complete.

Just going to come out and say that I had zip to do with that, I was probably more connected with Merlin1047 than most here. Zip to do with pm's, though I explained all of that. I'm so glad that none of us must worry about censorship, considering that I was the one that found that thread Jeff posted. It's all good. It's way past time to move on.

I think it would be more appropriate to try to defend yourself on a thread that is NOT about remembering Merlin. Show some respect and let it remain to be about him.

But is that the full extent of the "tribute" people referred to? The black ribbon with Merlin on it?

I'd like to restore it, but want to make sure it's complete.

In truth, if there was anything that saddened me when the site was first sold, it was the removal of our little memorial to Merlin. It wasn't much but it was all we could do as a board. He was my friend and a great contributor to this board. I for one would be thrilled if you restored that little ribbon. You might even consider it a bit of heritage for USMB.

Scott,

Yes, the ribbon is the memorial I mentioned. It was designed and added to the header by dmp. Many of us wish we could have done so much more, but being a community we felt that was appropriate. If it can be restored, that would be outstanding, and extremely appreciated. I would do so elsewhere, but quite honestly, this was his home and it would be most appropriate here.

I personally thank you for trying to fix this!

-Jim

Scott,

Yes, the ribbon is the memorial I mentioned. It was designed and added to the header by dmp. Many of us wish we could have done so much more, but being a community we felt that was appropriate. If it can be restored, that would be outstanding, and extremely appreciated. I would do so elsewhere, but quite honestly, this was his home and it would be most appropriate here.

I personally thank you for trying to fix this!

-Jim

It will be done today.

It'll be nice if Merlin's tribute is put back in place here.. However... Merlin was like family.. When you move, you take your family with you..Yes? You don't leave them sitting on the porch. I think his tribute should have been moved.

(Feel free to throw things - just my opinion)

*throws chair at shattered*

Just another example of why the two sites should really be one. The community is a single community, it should exist on a single site.

Ahh, I'm so utopian....

*throws chair at shattered*

Just another example of why the two sites should really be one. The community is a single community, it should exist on a single site.

Ahh, I'm so utopian....

*dodges chair*

Now you know why I wear tennis shoes with this outfit. :D

I agree with Jim in that the two sites should not be merged. Especially not this early.

Scott, Scooter....

Kudos. And thank you! That's a damned fine gesture for you to make, and an honorable one to boot! You sir, are a gentleman!

merlin was a great guy ..... i wear his neg rep points with honour .... he was one of the first people i encountered and why i started to hang out here....

Thank you Scooter.

I quit posting here after I noticed that the tribute had been removed.

To me, the removal of the ribbon was indicative of the new "management" at this board at the time............representative of the lack of respect for the "elders" of this board.

Your willingness to make this gesture is appreciated.

New Topics

Forum List

Back